Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling books.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

HHH has a book out, it's split between bodybuilding/nutrition tips, and some brief stories about growing up and how he got into the business. It only scratches the surface, but it's still an enjoyable short read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I just think that they have more stories to tell, so it would be an incredible read. Obviously taker won't now, but when he's retired maybe? and out of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Maybe. From watching a good few documentaries, interviews, and the legends of wrestling roundtable stuff, a lot of people are of the opinion he wont do anything like that. I cant remember who said it on one of the roundtables, may have been Jim Ross actually, but said Taker is the kind if performer who doesnt want a celebration when he ends. He would just go. Leads me to think he wouldnt do any interviews, a collection or a book. The only times I've seen Taker do interviews were during the american badass gimmick, and even then they were only around Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Currently reading the Hardcore Diaries. The Test references get a bit tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Even less funny now considering what happenned to poor old Andrew.

Gonna start Goldust's book when I get home,downloaded it ages ago but haven't got around to reading it yet.

Anyone know when Jericho's new one is due out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Middle of February methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bledmillennium

Great thread. I deem Foley's second book as awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Middle of February methinks
    do you know what the new jericho book is going to be called. I read his first one and it was a great read so i will def get the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

When is it due out over here? I am in the states next month anyway, so am going to buy it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

gimmick wrote: »
    When is it due out over here? I am in the states next month anyway, so am going to buy it then.
    just checked Amazon there and it looks to be Feb. 16th it is released, The name of book is Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cant wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If he doesnt actually name each step by step then i will be very disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

find it weird that he has a co writer for undisputed as he did the last one himself, hope it doesn't take away from the jerichoness of the book

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Almost finished The History of The WWE Championship. Interesting book! It's mostly all the backstage build up to each title change and how the champs reigns went. It's as honest as a document as we will get from the WWE but it doesn't stop it being a great read. Really enjoyed reading about Sgt. Slaughters time as champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

Amazon Canada have just informed me that Chris Jericho's book, "Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps" has just been shipped to me today.

I had it on pre-order so you might want to check it out. I often buy books from Amazon Canada as they are fast and cheaper than you think.

iceman777 wrote: »
    Amazon Canada have just informed me that Chris Jericho's book, "Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps" has just been shipped to me today.

I had it on pre-order so you might want to check it out. I often buy books from Amazon Canada as they are fast and cheaper than you think.

do you ever get the sales tax just after or is it not too bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭iceman777

jmolloy wrote: »
    do you ever get the sales tax just after or is it not too bad?

I've never had to pay any tax on it afterwards and I've got books from Amazon Canada plenty of times over the past few years.

It is costing me €26.82 including shipping for the book, but I treated myself, plus I thought the first book was a long and entertaining read.

The cost details are below, but you could select cheaper shipping.

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 19.43
    Shipping and handling: CDN$ 15.98
    Total: CDN$ 35.41 (EUR 26,82)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

D.Q wrote: »
    I just think that they have more stories to tell, so it would be an incredible read. Obviously taker won't now, but when he's retired maybe? and out of character.

His in-character autobiography would be hilarious. ;)

"And then I told Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaul he would: Rest. in. Peeeeeeeeeace before I disappeared back into the shadows where I reside with my dark bride Michelle McCoooooooool."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

iceman777 wrote: »
    I've never had to pay any tax on it afterwards and I've got books from Amazon Canada plenty of times over the past few years.

It is costing me €26.82 including shipping for the book, but I treated myself, plus I thought the first book was a long and entertaining read.

The cost details are below, but you could select cheaper shipping.

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 19.43
    Shipping and handling: CDN$ 15.98
    Total: CDN$ 35.41 (EUR 26,82)

The UK Amazon's taking orders on Undisputed now.

Got an email saying my Amazon UK pre-order has been dispatched and should be here by Tuesday.Cost €19.51 in total incl delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Bought Jericho's Lion's Tale today. Anybody read it yet and have any opinions on it?

glenjamin wrote: »
    Bought Jericho's Lion's Tale today. Anybody read it yet and have any opinions on it?

brilliant read. funny and informative. up there with foley's first

One of the best out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Play.com have jerichos new book available to pre order now (released the 17th) for €13.99 including delivery! noice!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The lads are right, it's a great read. You can tell Jericho really loves wrestling and everything about it. He's been all over the world with funny (and also charmingly self-depreciating) stories about it so it'd definitely worth the read. It'd be battling it out between Foley's and the Death of WCW for the best wrestling book out there.

Makes me sad, I wonder what wrestlers of today's books will be like :
    "I was in FCW for a year, then I got moved onto SmackDown. Hooray."

Just got home and Undisputed was waiting for me in my post box,thank you amazon uk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Maybe I should post this in the Questions thread, but do you think Vince McMahon would ever write a book?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Maybe I should post this in the Questions thread, but do you think Vince McMahon would ever write a book?

Maybe when he's retired from WWE, which will likely never happen! I can only imagine the amount of bull**** spewed, they're be more lies and repainting the past than 10 Hogan books!

Vince is more of a "meeting" type of guy, I can't imagine he'd ever be able to sit down and write alone, or talk to someone long enough to ghost-write it. :p

Undisputed is definitely on par with A Lion's Tale so far,the stories of Jericho's run ins with Chyna,big nose and even Vince himself are very interesting!

• Advertisement

I seen Jerichos book in easons earlier for €22.
    Went to waterstones to see if it was in there. Looks like I'm getting it from easons tomorrow :D

Advertisement