Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Voters - Please apologise here.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

voted green, sorry bout that.

and all the people that say that Fianna Fail should not be blamed for "international recession" are COMPLETE IDIOTS. you do not grasp economics in any shape or form nor do you know any of the awful awful policies pursued by FF (tax incentives for builders, etc)

will be voting FG/Lab next time. reading this gives me some hope for the opposition:
    http://www.finegael.ie//PubUploads/Reco.pdf

THE Govt are about the balloon the national debt by 6.5 bloody billion to buy houses at inflated prices for the developers

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14827&start=0

how could ya vote for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I hope the old dears enjoyed using their free travel passes to go on their day out to Kildare Street this morning.
    They should have sent the water cannon and the dogs out to clear up the illegal gathering.

Not to worry, they will have the pepper spray ready at their next illegal gathering. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

voted green, sorry bout that.

It's okay... you weren't to know they'd sacrifice their values so completely and utterly.

Hell, I expected nothing from them and they delivered even less...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

BluntGuy wrote: »
    It's okay... you weren't to know they'd sacrifice their values so completely and utterly.

Hell, I expected nothing from them and they delivered even less...

I, like many, honestly hoped for something and got nothing that is less than a disgrace.
    We (once green voters) feel doubly let down. :(

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    I, like many, honestly hoped for something aqnd got nothing that is less than a disgrace.
    We (once green voters) feel doubly let down. :(

I can understand...

The green party were once considered one of the few parties with any real principles.

Their term in government has really made them look like just another part of the centerist-party bloc.

I can understand...

The green party were once considered one of the few parties with any real principles.

Their term in government has really made them look like just another part of the centerist-party bloc.

Sadly yes.
    To a certain extent we all knew the background of Fianna Fail but to be thoroughly let down by something a lot of people put their final hope and faith in, is demoralising.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

In fairness to the Greens, they were always going to be a minor player in the government due to their small number of seats. They let their principles down when it came to Tara but realistically, I think we all know that was a condition of getting into government.

In their short time in power they have got some pretty radical green measures in. The way I see it they had a few choices:
    • Stay in the opposition. Keep 100% of their principles but get nothing done.
    • Join FF in government but stick 100% to their principles. FF would never have agreed and even if they did, the government would inevitably collapse.
    • Compromise. Join FF in government and get as many green laws passed without upsetting the apple tart as Bertie would say.

The last one is the only way they were going to get anything done.

Another thing that amuses me is that people thought the Greens were some kind of harmless, pro-cycling, pro-recycling happy bunch who weren't really going to impact on our lives if they got in power. Apart from Sinn Fein (Labour don't really count any more) they are the only party with a one track ideology. I can't help but laugh at the people who voted for Greens and then were shocked to find them bringing in things like the incandescent lightbulb ban etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

javaboy wrote: »
    <SNIP>Compromise. Join FF in government and get as many green laws passed without upsetting the apple tart as Bertie would say.</SNIP>

The problem here though is that this solution which was rabidly pursued by the Greens inevitably meant torching their credibility, perceived honesty and air of decency all in the name of pushing nonsense legislation that is ineffectual, meaningless and as irritating as it is idiotic.....

Notorious wrote: »
    I voted FF before, I'm not sorry and I will be voting them in again.

Anything to keep Enda Kenny out.

why?

Is it because he seems too nice? To weedy?

I.e hes not a crook?

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. I certainly wouldn't defend FF. I think they've wasted so much on so little. I just dont see an alternative in FG. I really don't. Yes there may be some change, but the same back and forth gobsheenism would be there. If nothing else then I would like to see them get the chance to prove me wrong. I won't hold my breath for that change though. I suspect a blue whale would have difficulty holding his breath for that long.

dont really see much in FG either to be honest but the way i see it - keep voting governments out until the political parties improve

no job security for any of these clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

All this sh1te about "yeah well, i doubt any other party could do better". Give them a fckin chance! If one government isn't working, you don't vote them in again and hope they'll do better you vote for somebody else. If they don't do a better job, then vote for somebody else next election. Simple as.

+1. Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Did ye see Cowen was in China yesterday?

How long do you think he will adeptly duel with them, dazzling all present by adeptly navigating the local economic chicanery and magnificently debating the finer points of every possible detail of Golbal imports and exports in relaxed excellence........before finally gaining their trust and approval by offering to add poison to our baby formula and to coat our children's toys with lead paint ???

Joker wrote:
    A driver is stuck in a major traffic jam just outside Dublin on the M50 motorway.

Nothing is moving.

Suddenly a Garda knocks on the window. The driver rolls down his window and asks, 'What's going on?'

'Pensioners' have kidnapped Brian Cowen, Brian Lenihan & Mary Harney, and a bunch of Bankers.
    They're asking for a €30 million ransom, otherwise they're going to douse them with petrol and set them on fire.
    We're going from car to car taking up a collection.'

The driver asks, 'How much is everyone giving, on average?'

'About a gallon.'

Raiser wrote: »
    Did ye see Cowen was in China yesterday?

How long do you think he will adeptly duel with them, dazzling all present by adeptly navigating the local economic chicanery and magnificently debating the finer points of every possible detail of Golbal imports and exports in relaxed excellence........before finally gaining their trust and approval by offering to add poison to our baby formula and to coat our children's toys with lead paint ???

Well he better get his backside back to Ireland quick 'cos the stock market are crashing right now! Pre-market trading halted after massive 550 point drop in Dow Futures in the last hour and selling in some markets had to be stopped. Where's Cowan and Co? In China and/or off on a voted for longer bank holiday. Fraking CRAZY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Well he better get his backside back to Ireland quick 'cos the stock market are crashing right now! Pre-market trading halted after massive 550 point drop in Dow Futures in the last hour and selling in some markets had to be stopped. Where's Cowan and Co? In China and/or off on a voted for longer bank holiday. Fraking CRAZY!!!

he's in China to generate trade ties which will be vital in kick starting the economy.

and what exactly do you propose he should do to halt the slide in GLOBAL stock prices?

prendy wrote: »
    he's in China to generate trade ties which will be vital in kick starting the economy.

and what exactly do you propose he should do to halt the slide in GLOBAL stock prices?

I expected this response. Does it take the total head of the country to attend meals, meetings and festivals to sign contracts?

The Irish pensions are taking a hammering right now because Irish company shares have dropped big time. Thats your mam and das pension that they were hoping to rely on in the near future.
    Where is he instead of being at home controlling, commanding, inquiring about alternative banking procedures?

China - and don't tell me he's working flat out to help Ireland.
    I would have thought that was what all the quangos, government agencies, government departments and extreme well paid business professionals are supposed to do, and we have hundreds, if not thousands of them in this country right now!

I take your point, I do but he should be at home steering the country, not off on a self-imposed longer bank-holiday chatting around dinner tables and tucking in.

...not to forget that he has left while the whole country is in uproar over the medical cards, the 30 plus reductions in the school system, etc... What does he do? He leaves the island behind him at the most critical point so far in his career EVER while everyone else is fighting!
    Its a disgrace.

prendy wrote: »

And what exactly do you propose he should do to generate trade ties which will be vital in kick starting the economy?

- Please, please, don't forget that this is Brian Cowen, a bookie would give you better odds on the Mulhall Sisters carrying out the Worlds first successful head transplant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I expected this response. Does it take the total head of the country to attend meals, meetings and festivals to sign contracts?
    Apparently so, considering Merkel, Sarkosy et al were in China too....and getting along swimmingly with our Brian was Angela by the look of things on camera.

FFS what exactly do you want him to do? Re-mortgage Leinster House to buy shares in the top 100 Irish PLCs?

:rolleyes:

ninty9er wrote:
    and getting along swimmingly with our Brian was Angela by the look of things on camera

Indeed Ninty9er my favorite FF Spawn , the camera never lies and unfortunately it looks like Biffo took both baits......:(

http://www.ftd.de/asset/Image/2008/04/13/merkel.jpg

Indeed Ninty9er my favorite FF Spawn , the camera never lies and unfortunately it looks like Biffo took both baits......:(

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Tigger wrote: »
    like anyone else is any better

Like having had FF for 18 of the last 21 years means anyone can presume to know what an alternative is any more. Get the arrogant pr1cks out. And I didn't vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anne Robinson's twin sister....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Holy hubbabuba batman! Where did they come from?

I really need to take more of an interest in German Politics. Irish is just boring (and jugless):D

Sorry

That is all

Sorry

That is all

No chance of any misunderstandings here anyway... :D

I think a big problem here is that too many people think that this is the best standard of government we're going to get (regardless of whether FF, FG or Labour are in government)....

We should really be demanding more than the current crap. Make the politicians work for their over-inflated salaries. Make them accountable for their mistakes. Stop this crap of excusing them for absolutely everything. They are politicians. They are meant to take responsibility...

The 'ah-sure' culture really needs to be done away with when it comes to politics...

I think a big problem here is that too many people think that this is the best standard of government we're going to get (regardless of whether FF, FG or Labour are in government)....

We should really be demanding more than the current crap. Make the politicians work for their over-inflated salaries. Make them accountable for their mistakes. Stop this crap of excusing them for absolutely everything. They are politicians. They are meant to take responsibility...

The 'ah-sure' culture really needs to be done away with when it comes to politics...

For that you'd have to have an independently appointed Taoiseach from the Dáil and Cabinet wouldn't be determined by that Taoiseach.

It may prove more harmful, though it'd be my ideal that the President would appoint the Taoiseach and Cabinet from the Dáil parties that had agreed to form a government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

I voted ABFF. Tho I am glad that right now FF are in power when the sh1t is hitting the fan.

FF the Property Developers/Get Rich Quick Party, eh? Dev and co would be turning in their graves.

This guy on Politic.ie reckons there'll be calls for a General Election around next Friday........

http://www.politics.ie/elections/36627-fianna-fail-finished.html

- General consensus though seems to be that FF have shat the bed and now people just want to see them squirm in it :eek:

• Advertisement

This guy on Politic.ie reckons there'll be calls for a General Election around next Friday........

http://www.politics.ie/elections/36627-fianna-fail-finished.html

- General consensus though seems to be that FF have shat the bed and now people just want to see them squirm in it :eek:

I doubt there will be one. FF will stall as long as possible to try and get their numbers back up.
    They know that if there was an election called right now, they'd lose a fair few seats.
    Love to see it happen but sadly, I doubt it will.

Advertisement