Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just a heads up very few college students have manners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kirbz

Aragneer wrote: »
    It wasn't actually!
    I opened it to get my coat and the hinge fell off...I must have been too rough with it :P

Well me and Cawcheen no only too well how rough you can be -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Great weather today, hope it stays that way for next week!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

kirbz wrote: »
    Well me and Cawcheen no only too well how rough you can be -_-

Kinky.... ;)

Does she give ye're cupboards a good brusque going over in the mornings before college to make sure they're all in tip top condition?

I shall kill it before it dies naturally... but meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Skyrim wrote: »
    Great weather today, hope it stays that way for next week!
    This, it was really wonderful walking through the campus with the sun shining. The campus is beautiful when the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cydoniac wrote: »
    This, it was really wonderful walking through the campus with the sun shining. The campus is beautiful when the weather is good.

Walking back to Dromroe from Schrodinger at 4pm was one of the most enjoyable walks around UL I've ever had. (And I include the drunken nighttime wandering I used to do in first year in that list :pac:) Hope it holds tomorrow, be nice to head over the Living Bridge and look out over the Shannon, or head round the loop... seriously, when it's all said and done, UL's fair great! :)

*Now, back to bitching!

Jesus Christ the labs in CSIS are far too warm! :(

Now I remember why I don't use boards. Creep.

Whatever, grow a sense of humor please and thank you :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Kinky.... ;)

Does she give ye're cupboards a good brusque going over in the mornings before college to make sure they're all in tip top condition?

I shall kill it before it dies naturally... but meh!

Yea shur she broke mine and Cawcheen's hinges as well like :eek:

kirbz wrote: »
    Yea shur she broke mine and Cawcheen's hinges as well like :eek:

She broke ye're hinges? :O :O

I hope she made it special for ye. :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

She broke ye're hinges? :O :O

I hope she made it special for ye. :pac: :pac:

I did no such thing!
    Kirbz clearly knows nothing about hinges being broken...
    My cupboard was in a fair ol' state now.

• Advertisement

Aragneer wrote: »
    Kirbz clearly knows nothing about hinges being broken...

That could be remedied....... ;)
    My cupboard was in a fair ol' state now.

Maybe you should stop putting things in there and just let it air out for a while?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I love the way we got that email about rag week and alcohol earlier :D They're clearly praying its not another WIT and NUIG! As a matter of interest, where is the designated area for drinking? Just the bars I'd assume?

toodleytoo wrote: »
    I love the way we got that email about rag week and alcohol earlier :D They're clearly praying its not another WIT and NUIG! As a matter of interet, where is the designated areas for drinking? Just the bars I'd assume?

The bars and SU courtyard I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

The bars and SU courtyard I believe.

Are you allowed bring in cans into the courtyard? I did last year but had them in a bagpack, wasn't drinking them in there but was wondering if you're actually allowed?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Are you allowed bring in cans into the courtyard? I did last year but had them in a bagpack, wasn't drinking them in there but was wondering if you're actually allowed?

Officially? No.
    You can only drink alcohol from the bars on campus, on campus security will be very strict on this.

Not sure how this will work in practice. Safe to assume you can't just walk in with a six pack of Druids under your arm, but like most festivals, you might get lucky and be able to sneak something in. I was frisked going into FresherFest last year, but never was during Charity Week, so it's really hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Last year we had our bags searched for drink everytime we went into the courtyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Officially? No.

Not sure how this will work in practice. Safe to assume you can't just walk in with a six pack of Druids under your arm, but like most festivals, you might get lucky and be able to sneak something in. I was frisked going into FresherFest last year, but never was during Charity Week, so it's really hit and miss.

Nice one, try get a few cans in and a plastic cup so.
    garv123 wrote: »
    Last year we had our bags searched for drink everytime we went into the courtyard.

The only time I brought over a bag and cans I wasn't searched, might just have gotten lucky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Officially the Alcohol policy (that was mentioned in the email earlier) is non-existent. The students union withdrew (with support from students) from it in 2007... The drinking on campus rule, however, is already covered in some other rule that was there before the Alcohol Policy

That could be remedied....... ;):
    Dirtiness of that statement right there like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Officially the Alcohol policy (that was mentioned in the email earlier) is non-existent. The students union withdrew (with support from students) from it in 2007... The drinking on campus rule, however, is already covered in some other rule that was there before the Alcohol Policy
    This one I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

No more €3.50 chicken roll meal deal in the SU spar

1000x500px-LL-fd9be1b5_fuuuuuuuu.jpg

College court....
    What a place to be on the M&M's patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

bought one of those extra uv paint parties they sold after the first lot sold out from the su. looking at it today. it's a ticket from the lodge uv party from freshers week with the perforated strip torn off and the date crossed out and todays written above it in pen. positively screams don't let this guy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    bought one of those extra uv paint parties they sold after the first lot sold out from the su. looking at it today. it's a ticket from the lodge uv party from freshers week with the perforated strip torn off and the date crossed out and todays written above it in pen. positively screams don't let this guy in.
    Same, I went back in and yer one wrote:
    "xtra sub not given out/
    Signed
    (won't give name incase someone gets the idea to copy)
    ULSU
    Reception
    24/2/12"

I'm sure they'll let us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

they didn't write that on mine about the stub or they didn't sign it. i better run down and get them to do it promised i'd sell the ticket to one of my housemates i'd feel lousy if she didn't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    they didn't write that on mine about the stub or they didn't sign it. i better run down and get them to do it promised i'd sell the ticket to one of my housemates i'd feel lousy if she didn't get in.
    They didn't, I just got them to do it later when I realised that my friends (who got them in the first batch) ones were different.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Whats the lowest price we can remember a sausage baguette costing?
    Back in my good ole first year days, it was €1.20 in the old shop :(:(

Tutor gave people who attended Lit yesterday an extra percentage....I didn't go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Being Drunk and loud in the library is not funny for the rest of us......GET OUT!!!

Funny moment when a guy started his laptop and it blasted out the windows tune and he shushed it :cool:

Why are there no Plugs to connect laptops someone has cut all the cables and my little newbook is starting to die. I'll just have to go home :o

On a secondary note, when are they going to open the stalls in the Red Raisin they have been advertising "Speed" "Drugs" and "Alcohol" but I never see anyone manning them.

Advertisement