Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mossin wrote: »
    I have no college on a Tuesday
    Ah, that explains why I keep seeing you in my place of work every Tuesday or so. Always with a different companion I notice:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

The Lodge taking Katy Perry's "Hot'n'Cold" off their play-list. Even when it was requested. More than once.

Playing Lady Gaga "Let's Dance" no fewer than two times.

That's all for right now. They're the most recent in my memory, seeing as I'm just home from Club L.

PS DJCR...I'm still shocked at the revelation that you didn't know who I was! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

sceptre wrote: »
    Ah, that explains why I keep seeing you in my place of work every Tuesday or so. Always with a different companion I notice:pac:

:) I'm Connecting :)

I'm hoping that it wont be a different person each week!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Not being able to get up in time for lectures...Missed 20mins of a very important lab this morning on CSound...Got the hang of it in the end though.

Getting locked in the SU by the cleaners whilst trying to help sort all the music soc equipment after the gig in the stables last nite...

Oh, And the bridge to Thomond is so cold:(:(:(

That'll be all for today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... nothin to really bitch about except I couldn't get up this morning!!

I suppose I'm a bit annoyed that its cold........ and the revelation that I had last night about BD makes me feel kinda slow today!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

DJCR wrote: »
    I suppose I'm a bit annoyed that its cold........ and the revelation that I had last night about BD makes me feel kinda slow today!!!

:eek::eek:

Couldn't wake up in time today for any of my lectures. It's cold. I'm being lazy.

Wasted day so far.:mad:

The f*cking email server being completely gone all day leaving me without any access to my emails, or, more importantly, articles for the paper which all have to be with the designer by noon tomorrow. This better get sorted.

Also, the cheek of the woman working in the Millstream Common Room (staff only area)
    "Are you a student?" looking at my ULSU Rag Week hoodie '08
    No.
    "Are you a postgraduate?"
    No.
    "Are you staff?"
    I'm working in the Students' Union.
    "This is for staff only."
    I am staff.
    *pause, still glancing at our clothes* "I'm closing at 2"
    It's quarter-to. Fine. We'll take our money elsewhere. :mad:

And promptly walked out. F*cking cheek. Of course, if the email had been working I'd have sent all of this to the Opinions list. How fúcking dare she. I was in a crabby enough mood and couldn't do any work without my email so decided to go for a walk down to the Millstream and get a coffee away from everyone in the quiet common room.

I'm well píssed off today. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aw BlueDolphin, that stinks.

I was going mental all day without the e-mail.

I needed to get the Macroeconomics Tutorial worksheet for Friday, and I couldn't get through.

In all fairness, that was one hell of a bloody screwup, probably the most important thing on the computers for the students, lecture notes, important emails, etc etc.

And they just left us in the cold for the day??!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

It's still down now, and I needed to access it earlier too. *displeasure*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Of course, if the email had been working I'd have sent all of this to the Opinions list.

You know I love a good bitch and moan...the UL Portal is still operational and you can post to opinions from there;)

You will need to be on campus though, which is a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Cars driving very fast at me when I try to cross the pedestrain crossings at the Groody Roundabout. Yes I know they're placed dangerously and yes I know if you stop someone might go into the back of you, but here's two simple tips.

Open your eyes, if you see pedestrians nearby then prepare to stop. It's called observation.
    Don't drive so bloody fast, that way you won't have to slam on the brakes when you actually spot a pedestrian and the car behind you is less likely to go into the back of you.

Either way, driving very fast towards me and beeping the horn or screaming at me isn't the answer. I'm not going to ignore the pedestrian crossing just because you can't drive :mad:

klong wrote: »
    It's still down now, and I needed to access it earlier too. *displeasure*

Staff mail is still down. I'm told student mail is back up and staff won't be back until tomorrow. I wish there was someone I could blame so I could kick them really, really hard.

I wish there was someone I could blame so I could kick them really, really hard.

Gimme an I

Gimme a T

Gimme a D

wwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhh ITD

Director - gordon.young@ul.ie................. find his office and pow!!!:D:D:D:D

I'm genuinely close to changing FYP superviser. I don't even know if I can. My favourite lecturer is now the bane of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

is the email down again?? can't get into mine..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

*faceslam*

GOD AL-BLOODY-MIGHTY!!!!!!

What the bloody HELL is going on with ITD????!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

You think we're bad, the staff haven't had email at all since Wednesday. Server 3, 4 and 6 were restored at 3 yesterday, with 2 and 5 expected to be down until Monday afternoon.

Speak of the devil and he will appear...just got 7 emails:rolleyes:

Back up FOR NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mine never went down at all... I think

ninty9er wrote: »
    You think we're bad, the staff haven't had email at all since Wednesday. Server 3, 4 and 6 were restored at 3 yesterday, with 2 and 5 expected to be down until Monday afternoon.

Think they're back, but I think there is some still outstanding. In fairness, they're new servers...dunno what happened, but in their defence ITD have been working around the clock since the crash. What a crash though...certainly goes down in ITD history... 3 full days' outage on staff mail?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I lost my job on thursday.

You may now return to your petty bitching! :p

Peteee wrote: »

Yikes...sorry to hear that, Peteee, that's tough going. *hug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

so whats it like being a grad of 2008/9 then? :)

Will we be seeing a return in the AY 09/10 for PG studies then:p

It's Week 3 and my lecturers are still changing around tutorials and lectures. Just quit it. Every single hour, bar one, has been changed on my timetable now, but they're still not happy. I don't care if you don't want to stay in college until 5pm, you're getting paid for it so suck it up.

Projects! :mad:
    Project groups! :mad:
    Lots and lots of course work! :mad:

I tried to be good this semester, and join in some volunteer stuff, and all I'm getting is raped by lecturers who dont want you to have any sort of life!

I needed to vent that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭idPlease

people who exclaim before class or during class "oh my gawd i was like, totallly langers last nite i think i kissed jonathan!! cant believe it. But sure ya know what it was like only a once off thing".

The erasmus students who don't know how to whisper in class - Shut the fudge up!!! surely they whisper in france, spain and germany? no?

Notes for class not being put up until an hour or two until the class begins; i'm past the days of spending hours a day online doing pointless crap (this doesn't count) surfing bebo so i can't be constantly looking out for the notes.

The careers centre's 1pm query hour, which today had a chatty second year science student whose grasp of the english language went as far as "yeah" for which she used to answer ever question. besides that, she spent at least 15 mins talking sh*te. I left.

that is all...for today;)

I hate early starts! 3rd day this week that I'm up/awake before 9! This isnt on at all at all. I like my rest :(

I also dislike presentations, and yet by 2pm today I'll have done my second one this week! Have I done something to spite people?

Finally, the lack of a Meteor phone signal in the KBS building is absolutely ridiculous! Considering I spend the vast majority of my time there, I often miss vital calls and messages as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

I effing hate the Red Raisins. I had a moment on Friday when I completely forgot how obscenely overpriced they are, and ended up handing over €4.65 for a sandwich. With no meat in it! The same thing in the SU shop is €2.35...

• Advertisement

Chowburger wrote: »
    I effing hate the Red Raisins. I had a moment on Friday when I completely forgot how obscenely overpriced they are, and ended up handing over €4.65 for a sandwich. With no meat in it! The same thing in the SU shop is €2.35...

Shout out as loud as you can .... Campbells contract is up for renewal!!

Hopefully we get some other interest this time.... Campbells were the only company to make an offer for the new KBS resto!!.... pitiful!!

Advertisement