Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

People who think that College Court is a carpark! :mad:

There is ample parking on campus, there has never been some much parking available, and yet crossing the road in College Court is more difficult that crossing the Dublin Road! :mad:

It was never this bad in previous years. What is going on with students at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

ample parking on campus? You reckon do you?

Just wondering whether you drive or not cos I do and Iv missed lecgtures and tutorials by not being able to find anywhere to park..some days even the new 3euro carpark is full and HS. So tbh, tough luck if it upsets you as long as it doesnt block entry to your house. fair enough people should defiantely not block driveways or take other peoples spots but I have on occaison parked there and in elm park and milford grange...and will continue to do so until such time that the college lower the price of the 3e carpark...if i cane ven get in there!

Just wondering whether you drive or not cos I do and Iv missed lecgtures and tutorials by not being able to find anywhere to park..some days even the new 3euro carpark is full and HS. So tbh, tough luck if it upsets you as long as it doesnt block entry to your house. fair enough people should defiantely not block driveways or take other peoples spots but I have on occaison parked there and in elm park and milford grange...and will continue to do so until such time that the college lower the price of the 3e carpark...if i cane ven get in there!

This is a bitch thread, and I am well entitled to this bitch and moan.
    When you get some fools throwing **** from their cars, and leaving the place in a mess too, I have every right.

As for ample parking, what I said was:
    There is ample parking on campus, there has never been some much parking available

There is so much more parking available now than ever before, so how come in the past 12 months there are more cars parked in College Court?
    I'm so happy for those that received a parking ticket from the Gardai last week for being illegally parked in CC.

The fact that its €3 to park isnt the residents of CC's problem!! If you miss college because you cant find a parking space, thats not our problem either tbh. Maybe you should take the bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Granted there is more parking..but there are also more students with cars and therefor it is not ample! Also FYI I have to drive to college..Im in the country half an hour away and there is no bus, Im not one of the lazy crowd that spin in from groody or oaklawns! Happy moaning so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I drive in most days because I get stuck in college until all hours so it's easier than having to walk home at 8/9pm. No matter what time I come into college I have never seen the Health Sciences car park full and the new pay car park is definitely never full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Today, Scholars. I leave my bag at a seat and wander over to get some food. Come back to my seat to find my bag on the floor and a lady sitting there. "OH are you sitting here?" No, moron, I walked into Scholars, dumped my bag and walked out :rolleyes: It wasn't like the place was busy either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Mossin wrote: »
    People who think that College Court is a carpark! :mad:

There is ample parking on campus, there has never been some much parking available, and yet crossing the road in College Court is more difficult that crossing the Dublin Road! :mad:

It was never this bad in previous years. What is going on with students at all??

Agree to a point. There have been serious complaints about the parking in College Court. To put it out there, an ambulance could not get down a road in the estate to access an emergency at a house last semester purely because of the crazy parking there; that is a disgrace. People know what they're doing when they park. Whatever about illegal parking, parking in such a place that is blatantly preventing access is sick and drivers who do this ought to be ashamed of themselves. The Gardai are now patrolling the area.

Tbh, though, it really is not just students. With the new KBS it's very, very handy for staff down there as that car park and the Schuman one are far from adequate to deal with the numbers now located in those buildings.

The real problem: laziness.

People don't seem to realise that the new €3 car park at Thomond Bridge or even going to the free car park by Health Sciences building isn't really all that far away. Staff AND students are just too damn lazy to walk more than 10 metres. Get over it ffs. And instead of moaning about the €3 charge, by the time most people have driven around the free car parks for 20 minutes they've probably spent that much in petrol anyway.

There is ample parking on campus; it's just there are too many cars. And, genuinely, it is the students who are driving in from Oaklawns/Elm Park/Groody/Brookfield... Get real!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Well i'll tell you waht annoys me............ being used like an arm rest!!!

One minute your going on a date (because she needs you) ...... next minute your not needed and your thrown into the abyss.........

Well I've had enough of it .... and I've decided to go anyway and be all awkward about it :):):):):) :cool::cool::cool: :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

DJCR wrote: »
    Well i'll tell you waht annoys me............ being used like an arm rest!!!

One minute your going on a date (because she needs you) ...... next minute your not needed and your thrown into the abyss.........

Well I've had enough of it .... and I've decided to go anyway and be all awkward about it :):):) :cool::cool::cool: :D:D:D

Thanks!!! YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN MY NIGHT!!!!! :pac: :pac: :pac: :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

BD, did you bring (Or are/were going to bring) DJCR on a...how do I say this... pity date? And then decide not to bring him.

Damn, not even I'm as pathetic as that DJCR :D

• Advertisement

Peteee wrote: »
    BD, did you bring (Or are/were going to bring) DJCR on a...how do I say this... pity date? And then decide not to bring him.

Damn, not even I'm as pathetic as that DJCR :D

Why are u mocking CSON?

What a ninja edit there lad :D

Students being ridiculously loud in the KBS computer labs when people are trying to get project work completed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

My rant concerns lecturers who insist on setting excrutiating mid terms for the morning after paddys day!! And then refuse to change them to another day because he likes the room were in on wednesday mornings :mad:

....and obviously lacks a social life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

countries that don't adhere to the standard Mon-Fri work week and Sat/Sun weekend.

I am so shamed right now...urgh to Sunday [or 'Monday'] work.

2 case studies, a 20 page report, a group reflective essay all due Week 10 aka Rag Week!
    I'm in 4th year...my last chance to enjoy Rag Week ruined :(

Also have a mid-term next week and a live project [see support earth hour] ongoing until end of Week 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

you think thats bad, on top of a field trip, lab reports, an essay, problems etc. we also have our fyps due up the friday of rag week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

The computers in the new languages building are a pile of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

ergonomics wrote: »
    The computers in the new languages building are a pile of crap.
    Oh my god was just saying that, im on them now, none of my links are saved and it advertises skype but it doesn't log in.
    And on some computers some websites are blocked. Noting my friends dismay that she couldn't get on bebo

1huge1 wrote: »
    Oh my god was just saying that, im on them now, none of my links are saved and it advertises skype but it doesn't log in.
    And on some computers some websites are blocked. Noting my friends dismay that she couldn't get on bebo

Not to mention they take ages to load up!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

rosgirl wrote: »
    My rant concerns lecturers who insist on setting excrutiating mid terms for the morning after paddys day!! And then refuse to change them to another day because he likes the room were in on wednesday mornings :mad:

....and obviously lacks a social life!

Maybe its cos he has a social life that he doesnt want to give a lecture when hungover, so will give an exam instead so he can just sit there in peace. :D

• Advertisement

DJCR wrote: »
    Not to mention they take ages to load up!!!!
    Isn't that every compuiter really, you'd think with all the time it takes that we'd have personal spaces like most universities. My brother in NUIM can log into any computer on campus and access his 5gb of storage on the network. All we got is emails and some other small things.

And email wouldnt work for me yesterday on the computers in the language building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So my FYP is due up next week... Here I am in Galway at 2.38am working hard, plenty of library books to keep me going but I find myself needing a journal article. But OF COURSE ITD IS DOWN NOW.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

I'm sorry for the excessive use of caps, but this is incredibly frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

The stupid e-mail is down again!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

FFS :mad::mad::mad:

Gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH Indeed!!!

FFS, I really need access to my email account, the email address of the printer whom I need to send my poster design is in there, and now I cannot get it.

I also have vital links with information I need for questionnaires in there!!

Typical, the weather is good, so ITD take a god damn holiday!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭idPlease

ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So my FYP is due up next week... Here I am in Galway at 2.38am working hard, plenty of library books to keep me going but I find myself needing a journal article. But OF COURSE ITD IS DOWN NOW.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

I'm sorry for the excessive use of caps, but this is incredibly frustrating!

I know exactly what your saying!! This is bulls**t. They can't do their job as this is the third time that the email is down this semester (that i can remember) and when i came into college last saturday morning to get a host of work done i'm told the server is down and to "come back in an hour and a half"!! WTF!!

I came in early to work, not drink coffee dumbass. Is it so difficult to keep the internet connection going, email up etc etc we pay enough in "registration fees" for it to be. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

How can the email system in UL be sooooo fricking crap!!!! Not able to check emails, email FYP supervisor etc etc..... And then we get a bolloking about missing something that has been emailed to us. Most overused phrase on my course "just keep checking your emails" or "emailing us is the handiest way to contact us"... HOW CAN WE DO THAT WHEN THE SYSTEM STAYS DOWN FOR DAYS!

Offically hate UL today....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Just found something that some people might be interested in.....

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Information%20Technology%20Division

On the left you can see current service outages.

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Information%20Technology%20Division/Quality%20Management%20System/Performance%20Trends/Service%20Availability%20Figures

^^^ If you look here you get monthly performance figures i.e. uptime, downtime, maintenance etc. If you're looking for the email stats it's the CommNet figures you should be looking at. I believe CommNet are contracted to manage certain services like the data network and email.

According to ITD

Service Outages

19.03.09 6.00 p.m. Three of the five staff e-mail servers are working. The other two are being restored from backups and will be operational by the morning. All student e-mail servers are up.

So student e-mails should be working??? mine sure isn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mine is. I have 16 emails ffs!:mad: And a looming hangover!

Advertisement