Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Nothing!!

So now not only are ITD incompetent, they are LIARS aswell.

Brilliant.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Those are ridiculously bad figures!

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/528985343.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Bad as in inaccurate or bad uptime wise? Far from 5 nines reliability though so I guess they could be considered bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Bad as in uptime.

On a lot of the services I don't even see 2 nines. On some of the services the uptime doesn't even start with a nine:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

*Bump*

With deadlines looming and exams also on the horizon, it was inevitable that I'd have a rough day.

Not enough sleep last night, and then a 10a.m. meeting for a presentation, which went well actually...but then I discovered that the presentation schedule had changed, and that we have to be in college tomorrow at 8:50a.m. and have to suffer through all the presentation as well. [not saying they'll be bad or anything, but after mine, I'll just want to leave!]

Also writing an essay worth 40% on children in advertising, and its god damn awful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I was so annoyed today.

I had a load of study to get through today, and so I went up to the library with my laptop. I spent 10 minutes looking all over the place for a free space. Most of the people who were in the laptop spaces either didn't have a laptop, or were browsing through Bebo and crap. :mad::mad:
    One girl was asleep ffs!!!

Earlier on I bought a chocolate brownie in Paddocks. I was kind of in a rush, so I didn't really look at it properly, but sure you don't usually expect anything wrong with them.
    I brought it to the library, so I could have a nibble at it when I got peckish.
    Under closer inspection, it looked a bit stale, I checked the date..April 14th!!!!!

2 days gone off, and they are still feckin selling them??!!
    I would have brought it back in, but sure what would be the point?!
    I have no proof that I actually bought it today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

What the **** is up with the timetabling of tests etc in this f..in university.

I'm ****ed...

French Exam yestery
    French Lit exam today
    Negociations final tomorrow and
    My fecking french Oral (the final one) on ****ing Monday.

What the **** is going on!!!!!!

This isn't even exam week ffs!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Earlier on I bought a chocolate brownie in Paddocks. I was kind of in a rush, so I didn't really look at it properly, but sure you don't usually expect anything wrong with them.
    I brought it to the library, so I could have a nibble at it when I got peckish.
    Under closer inspection, it looked a bit stale, I checked the date..April 14th!!!!!

2 days gone off, and they are still feckin selling them??!!
    I would have brought it back in, but sure what would be the point?!
    I have no proof that I actually bought it today:(

The staff are really nice there, I'm sure they'd let you off.

I was way too tired to moan yesterday, so I'm doing it today instead!

Spent yesterday trying to get a tutor [who claims to give her students 110% of her time they show the same commitment] to give us 10 minutes of her time to review of projects, in preparation for the final submission next week!

She practically kicked us out of the first meeting we had, telling us she had other groups to meet. This pissed us all off, because she was 30 minutes late for our meeting in the first place, and gave us precious little time as a result.

Then when we went back to her, she said she was lecturing all day, which we then found out to be false :rolleyes: Although that didnt surprise me entirely. We ended up going directly to the lecturer for the module for direction. She clarified numerous things which we hadnt even been told about or been directed towards in the first place! :(

12 hours in college yesterday trying to get an assignment back under control, and been given feck all guidance by someone who is younger than me is a joke!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Mossin wrote: »
    been given feck all guidance by someone who is younger than me is a joke!!

Bitter much :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

to give us 10 minutes of her time to review of projects, in preparation for the final submission next week!

Surely thats not her job, no?? :confused:

dK1NG wrote: »
    Surely thats not her job, no?? :confused:

yes it is!

especially is she tells you it is, and then wont give the time of day to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Xabs

Grants.

I was under the impression there was to be an April installment.
    It's looking more and more likely that won't happen. (1 day left in April)

Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread for this. Anyone know what time the Kemmy is open until at night these times? Used to be around 9 I think but not sure. Thanks.

(^ Sorry don't mean to detract from the above poster)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

When lecturers don't give you previous sample papers and don't even have an e-mail address.

Yes they do exist.

Rage_face.png

Feyy wrote: »
    When lecturers don't give you previous sample papers and don't even have an e-mail address.

Yes they do exist.

Rage_face.png

Hi, thats kind of my job to deal with:

First Question - Did you contact Eamonn (The education Officer of the ULSU)

Send me a PM with the details and we can try and get it sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sibh1

Words cannot describe just how much I hate the library right now.. I have an exam tomorrow in globalization and new media and while trying to read the most boring essay on english as a Lingua Franca there are two girls having a great chat about how drunk they were last night beside me, one is actually half sitting on my desk... ggggrrrrrrrrr. Also printers in the library all blocked up with 08 student numbers printing everything thattheir lectures have put on public folders this year. Save my patience and a few trees lads and stop the printing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

The postgrad room is no better. I found it so good last semester, nothing to look at and much quieter, so much less distraction than in the library. But this semester its roasting, smelly, there are only 4 plugs and of these one is being used for a phone to charge for 4 hours while I sit there staring at my dead laptop willing it back to life... There is, as usual, that one guy who does nothing but laugh at Youtube videos and, even more fun, the charmer that just stares at people. ALL the time. With a serial killer expression.

It's my last few weeks in UL. I just want to have them be comfortable and as stress free as possible. Too much to ask for??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Go to the KBS, find a room upstairs, sit down. Sorted.

Xabs wrote: »
    Grants.

I was under the impression there was to be an April installment.
    It's looking more and more likely that won't happen. (1 day left in April)

Joke.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. That's how you know I'm angry.
    It's not April anymore...still no sign of money

• Advertisement

Xabs wrote: »
    Yes, I'm quoting myself. That's how you know I'm angry.
    It's not April anymore...still no sign of money

Just wondering have you contacted anyone in SAA or the grants section?

I remember when I used to get a grant and the final installment came during my summer exams...its pointless getting it then [except to go on a session with], it would have been more beneficial during the semester...

Afaik, in your online student records, you can view when grant payments are due/paid...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I remember when I got a grant in 1st year it was November when I got the first installment and the other 2 came within about 3 weeks of each other in February/March.

Bit of a joke really, but the first installment can be delayed by incorrect applications, and even the second with transfers between colleges after 2nd round.

A lot of it falls back on students not submitting everything necessary on time slowing down the applications of those who have.

Just wondering have you contacted anyone in SAA or the grants section?

I remember when I used to get a grant and the final installment came during my summer exams...its pointless getting it then [except to go on a session with], it would have been more beneficial during the semester...

I know a few people who haven't got it, so it's not just me..
    And all the while the money is resting in UL's account building up interest.
    Afaik, in your online student records, you can view when grant payments are due/paid...

Yep, I check it twice a day :D

ninty9er wrote: »
    I remember when I got a grant in 1st year it was November when I got the first installment and the other 2 came within about 3 weeks of each other in February/March.

Same here. I had more money than I knew what to do with last year
    due to the Feb/March double installment.
    This year I got an installment the second week of February
    and I've been broke since :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I think that I used to get the 3rd installment some time around now. The first week in May. It used to always be a pain waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

klong wrote: »
    Go to the KBS, find a room upstairs, sit down. Sorted.
    Been there all week, great place to get some work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

dee8839 wrote: »
    The postgrad room is no better. I found it so good last semester, nothing to look at and much quieter, so much less distraction than in the library. But this semester its roasting, smelly, there are only 4 plugs and of these one is being used for a phone to charge for 4 hours while I sit there staring at my dead laptop willing it back to life... There is, as usual, that one guy who does nothing but laugh at Youtube videos and, even more fun, the charmer that just stares at people. ALL the time. With a serial killer expression.

It's my last few weeks in UL. I just want to have them be comfortable and as stress free as possible. Too much to ask for??!

Is that the Postgrad room in the A1 corridor. I'm there as well most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

There's also a notice board just outside SAA which shows the date they received the grants from each issuing authority, and when they will lodge it to your account.

You can also ring your issuing authority and see when they will be sending out the grant cheques as sometimes cheques get left out. It happened to me before. You'll get an instant reply and won't be left wondering anymore.

What is the deal with leaving just one door open in the main building....... I mean to get in I have to walk all the way around to the front... walk around to the post grad room and all the way back again when I leave.

I know securities tight but come on lads!!! Ever hear of patrolling!!

Also the fact that no where is open on campus is really pissing me off!! All i wanted was a nice cup of coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

No coffee? The solution...a flask!

And agreed about the single door being open.

• Advertisement

klong wrote: »
    No coffee? The solution...a flask!

And agreed about the single door being open.

Not a good day for practicle solutions bud!!!:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What am I supposed to do upon arriving on campus seeing that only one door in the place is open!!!

Pluck a fabulous Thermos from my arse, fill it with the finest coffee (won't say where that came from) and drink away to my hearts content!!

Unfortunately this wasn't possible.... anyway.. its a bit stupid that the stables didn't open today... they would have made a fortune from lunch and dinner!!!..... even if they did pay double time!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement