Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

My grievance today is which that f*cking tool who sent around 3 mass emails about whats going on in the Hurlers tonight and tomorrow night!

3MB each email, clogging up the inbox :mad:

Absolutely retarded! A complete and utter fool imo.

Rant over...Now to look for who to forward a complaint to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mossin wrote: »
    My grievance today is which that f*cking tool who sent around 3 mass emails about whats going on in the Hurlers tonight and tomorrow night!

3MB each email, clogging up the inbox :mad:

Absolutely retarded! A complete and utter fool imo.

Rant over...Now to look for who to forward a complaint to.

I think that genius is worthy of a complaint to the discipline committee for gross misuse of University infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ninty9er wrote: »
    I think that genius is worthy of a complaint to the discipline committee for gross misuse of University infrastructure.
    I certainly wouldn't have a problem with complaining anyone to the discipline committee (or giving them a poke in the eye) but I get less of this stuff than you guys do as my name comes later in the list, long after some of them run out of steam. And I didn't get this one so I can't (no locus standi).

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Royally pissed off at the mo over exams on saturday !!!!!!

ie. to-f00king-day!!!

The weekend is for rest and recooperation................. This is bollocks (can you write that on boards - hmmm... tester)!!!

I really wanna kill whoever did my timetable, 2 saturdays both eaxms at 4!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Royally pissed off!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Im the same..

My second last exam is today, and my last one is next Saturday.. At least I have a week to study for next week :)

• Advertisement

Diamond007 wrote: »
    Im the same..

My second last exam is today, and my last one is next Saturday.. At least I have a week to study for next week :)

Thats 5 days to recover from tonights hangover, and 1 day to study :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Don't tempt me, I can almost hear Club 23 calling..

Diamond007 wrote: »
    Im the same..

Me too....effing Management Accounting, though it wasn't half as bad as I feared. I even recognised some of the concepts from study and the rest could be worked out with my trusty calculator and some common sense.
    Mossin wrote: »
    Thats 5 days to recover from tonights hangover, and 1 day to study :pac:

I may make the stables. The 4th yr Accounting class party is on there this evening then town. But I'm going to Roscrea tomorrow and the roads ll be fairly icy.

I'd say go for it. I certainly know that I would if I was in your situation.

Unfortunately for me, I'm taking these exams seriously for once, seeing as I'm in 4th year and all, I'd rather not feck up now and have to repeat any modules, so I wont be going out until the end of my exams on thursday.

But that night you will see a Mossin shaped figure most likely crawling out of the Stables/Lodge/Other Club/Someones House/Ditch because I will be wrecked! I cant wait :pac:

Stupid accountants finished well before the Marketing class :(

DJCR wrote: »
    Royally pissed off at the mo over exams on saturday !!!!!!

ie. to-f00king-day!!!

The weekend is for rest and recooperation................. This is bollocks (can you write that on boards - hmmm... tester)!!!

I really wanna kill whoever did my timetable, 2 saturdays both eaxms at 4!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Royally pissed off!!!!

**** the ****ing ****ers!!!

Right last weekend I was royaly pissed off that doesn't compare to how I feel now - Gonna goin to the stables get totally pissed, get taken to hosital and get an I grade!!!

I mean come on what bastard decide to give to Saturday exams at 4pm.............. All I wanna o is get xmassy like the rest f the good folk of UL !!!!

I am gonna shoot the son of a ***** when I have the ****ing time!!!

I have to wait til 6:30 till I get out of my exam which means it will be roughly 6:30:30 by the time I get some drink into me ...... what sort of bolloxollogy is that on the last day of term????

Blood starting to boil ....... wooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh (martin lawrence bad boys)

definitely need to chillax!!!

Defo getting a bottle of whiskey when I leave the exam hall!!!! - Necessary for a good night !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I mean come on what bastard decide to give to Saturday exams at 4pm
    Probably the same guy who assumed you didn't want to do it next Monday instead.

Or Tuesday if we eliminate both Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

definitely need to chillax!!!

Take your own advice ;)

Just looking over last year's paper for my 4 o'clock appointment. I can manage 1 long (of 2 necessary) question and about 3 and a half short ones. The next few horas will be mui hectico.

Nollaig shona gach uile duine.

Fuck the exams...Enjoy

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=etDhW2GZzqw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

G luck in the last one Ninty, it'll be worth it come 6ish o'clock, I'll catch you in the Stablai no doubt later on ;)

This is a bitching thread - I just needed to bitch a little - rational responses wern't really needed - Its just a pain in the arse !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

The price of the bus eireann buses into town from UL has gone up to €1.60..:eek: That 15 cent was very valuable to me...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Time to resurrect this thread I think...

FYP citations. You look at one (law) FYP and citations are done this way. You look at your own. In a completly different way. You look at OSCALA. You look at Sources of Law. Neither much help. You look at the FYP handbook. Your supervisor says this. Quick check. No mention of this in OSCALA.

Your FYP is due Friday.

It was done last Wednesday but for some small additions.

And now this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

klong wrote: »
    FYP citations. You look at one (law) FYP and citations are done this way. You look at your own. In a completly different way. You look at OSCALA. You look at Sources of Law. Neither much help. You look at the FYP handbook. Your supervisor says this. Quick check. No mention of this in OSCALA.

Your FYP is due Friday.

It was done last Wednesday but for some small additions.

And now this.

Law citations - a strange wonderful world of their own.

Compare a few FYPs (or even academic books) and its quite likely they'll not be the same.

Best bet is to go with what your supervisor says though.

Just a suggestion:

book -
    Casey, J Constitutional Law in Irelan (Thomson Roundhall, Dublin, 1990) p.3
    *book title in italics

Smith, Jones and Ryan (eds) Weird Book of Law (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2009, 4th ed) p.666

Jones, N "The Law is an Ass" in Smith, Jones and Ryan Weird Book of Law (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2009, 4th ed)
    *with chapters in books, ch.title in "" and book title in italics still.

journal-
    Smith, J "Due Process on its Knees" (2006) Irish Jurist 80, 86
    *note, journal title in italics, not article name

caselaw-
    AG v X [1990] 1 IR 123
    *case name in italics

parliamentary debates-
    Dail Debates, 25 December 2009, vol.123, col.456

dK1NG wrote: »
    Law citations - a strange wonderful world of their own.

Compare a few FYPs (or even academic books) and its quite likely they'll not be the same.

Best bet is to go with what your supervisor says though.

Just a suggestion:

book -
    Casey, J Constitutional Law in Irelan (Thomson Roundhall, Dublin, 1990) p.3
    *book title in italics

Jones, N "The Law is an Ass" in Smith, Jones and Ryan Weird Book of Law (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2009, 4th ed)
    *with chapters in books, ch.title in "" and book title in italics still.

journal-
    Smith, J "Due Process on its Knees" (2006) Irish Jurist 80, 86
    *note, journal title in italics, not article name

caselaw-
    AG v X [1990] 1 IR 123
    *case name in italics

parliamentary debates-
    Dail Debates, 25 December 2009, vol.123, col.456

Yes, what the supervisor says goes. And then when he tells me to check OSCALA for something that isn't there...?

According to OSCALSA this would be wrong:

Smith, Jones and Ryan (eds) Weird Book of Law (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2009, 4th ed) p.666

Instead it should be:

Adam Smith, Barry Jones and Frank Ryan (eds) Weird Book of Law ](4th edn Oxford University Press, Oxford 2009) 666

And yet your example appears in older FYPs. :confused:

• Advertisement

First day back, [yes I know its Wednesday, but I havent had lectures until today]
    But even saying that I had lectures is stretching it a little. A double lecture from 12-2, it was over at 12:45....have 2 group assignments from it, the first due in Week 5!

I'm messing about in college now for 2 hours, because I have a meeting at 3pm...

Oh the joys of being back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Do what the supervisor says...

I had the whole thing done with OSCOLA and then he went through it all sticking in punctuation all over the gaff that shouldnt be there (well, according to OSCOLA, ie. FYP handbook) so Im just staying with what he says. By the way, should it be printed double-sided? The FYP handbook says to, but by the looks of things, my supervisor has never read it.

Looking through old (2006 & 2007) FYPs, they're all single-sided. The one's I've been looking at have been laccys or euros, no sign of any from my course. Also seems to be very few law FYPs of any kind floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

double sided reads badly imo.

single sided printing...makes the report look 'healthier' when printed :)
    Also seems to be very few law FYPs

ask sceptre...afair he has a law fyp lying around at home ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Friday evening compulsory crap when you're not allowed into the exact same class which runs earlier during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Students. All of them. :(

It's been an awful week so far, and a particularly bad day. I'm still in work. I think I'll just sleep here tonight altogether. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Xabs

Students. All of them. :(

Couldn't agree more...
    Well I could...

I agree more :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Sweet merciful bejaysus on a pancake my timetable stinks this semester!!!!

3 straight hours of Business Maths, Managerial Acc. and Marketing on Monday, Tuesday, 3 lectures, kind of spaced out, still though, Acc. at 9 :eek:
    Wednesday isn't soo bad really, Macroeconomics though...
    Thursday, 9-6, 3 lectures Maths and Acc tutorials, Friday 4 straight hours!!!!

And I really don't like the sound of that Macro project, not one little bit....

Library this evening.
    I'm tired.
    EU law (2) isn't being terribly sexy (for some reason my suggestion to put page 3 models in the text never made it past the planning stage)
    Sleepy.
    Sleepier.
    Sleep.

For 40 minutes.
    Not cool.

• Advertisement

Sweet merciful bejaysus on a pancake my timetable stinks this semester!!!!

3 straight hours of Business Maths, Managerial Acc. and Marketing on Monday, Tuesday, 3 lectures, kind of spaced out, still though, Acc. at 9 :eek:
    Wednesday isn't soo bad really, Macroeconomics though...
    Thursday, 9-6, 3 lectures Maths and Acc tutorials, Friday 4 straight hours!!!!

And I really don't like the sound of that Macro project, not one little bit....

Is the Macro project with Anthony Leddin?
    Is it something to do with a country ... iirc I got Italy back when I did it..
    It obviously isnt up to date, but I'm sure I could find it if required.

**My daily rant**

I have no college on a Tuesday, and I spent most of today reading the most pointless "readings" to be prepared for lectures.
    The lecture for tomorrow has no notes available yet, so I dont know what points from the readings are even important!!

Also, I hate the fact that tutorials dont start until at least week 3! Lecturers give you a course outline, detailing all the project work you will have all semester, usually with deadlines between weeks 7-10, and yet dont give you any information to start them until the tutorials in weeks 3/4 :mad:

2 hours tmrw, and I've no doubt that its going to mindnumbingly boring :(
    Followed by a group trying to get me to do work, on a topic that I no doubtedly wont like, but will be outvoted in...

Bring on footy tmrw night!

Advertisement