Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Not too big of a gap between my last two exams but the rest of its grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

ricimaki wrote: »
    I've an exam on Thursday the 8th of May, and on Friday the 8th of May. (That's not a typo)

My boyfriends timetable had a typo in it too. Its only the provisional timetable anyways

Is there anywhere in UL that I can get a proper dinner reasonably cheap? Looks like I'm not going to have a chance to get back to my house until tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Is there anywhere in UL that I can get a proper dinner reasonably cheap? Looks like I'm not going to have a chance to get back to my house until tonight..

Scholars

Damn clouds! Go away!

sup_dude wrote: »
    Scholars

Damn clouds! Go away!

How much does it cost there do you know? And do you know when they close?

I was looking at the hourly weather this morning and its supposed to get sunny later :D

• Advertisement

How much does it cost there do you know? And do you know when they close?

I was looking at the hourly weather this morning and its supposed to get sunny later :D

It's about seven euro for a decent sized plate of food and I think dinner stops at around 4/5

But the eclipse is already gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm more of a paddocks fan!

How much in there? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

5th of May for one exam and 15th for the other, nice! :)

It's touch and go in there though for portion sizes. You can get an okay size dinner, or a kids size dinner :L it's 5.25 for most dinners in there but you've to buy your own drink

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aragneer wrote: »
    5th of May for one exam and 15th for the other, nice! :)

I'm the 6th and the 13th. Pain in the face. One's worth 30%, other's worth 50%. Would've much preferred to just get them both done in the first week rather than drag it out.
    Last ever exams in UL. :')

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Last ever exams in UL. :')

I hope :D

Our FYP submission is due Week 10, presentations are Week 13 as well as 6 assignments. That leaves just about zero time to study which is fine for two of the modules. The other two though....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I hope :D

Our FYP submission is due Week 10, presentations are Week 13 as well as 6 assignments. That leaves just about zero time to study which is fine for two of the modules. The other two though....

Well I'm probably going to fail my FYP, but I'm determined to ace the two exams so that when I repeat I'll only have to repeat the FYP! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

It's touch and go in there though for portion sizes. You can get an okay size dinner, or a kids size dinner :L it's 5.25 for most dinners in there but you've to buy your own drink

There's free water in the paddocks. Chicken wrapped in bacon two spuds chips veg and gravy for 5.90 does be good :P

Midkemia wrote: »
    There's free water in the paddocks. Chicken wrapped in bacon two spuds chips veg and gravy for 5.90 does be good :P

Free water in all the restaurants on campus :P Stables do a daily €5 deal where you can get 1 of 4-5 dishes for only a fiver

iLaura wrote: »
    Free water in all the restaurants on campus :P Stables do a daily €5 deal where you can get 1 of 4-5 dishes for only a fiver

As long as you don't get the pasta dishes. I've seen toddlers eat more and still be hungry :pac:

As long as you don't get the pasta dishes. I've seen toddlers eat more and still be hungry :pac:

You can get chips and stuff with the pasta and it's still a fiver :P or maybe thats just cause the staff know me...

9" pizza, chips/wedges and a drink for 7 quid in Dromroe. Lovely job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

1KG potatoes €1
    2xCarrot 2xParsnips €0.50
    Pork medallions 400grams(ish) €2

€3.50 to feed 4 people: beat that.

Although granted it was Supervalu and not on campus. Still though, that's impressive frugality by any measure.

1KG potatoes €1
    2xCarrot 2xParsnips €0.50
    Pork medallions 400grams(ish) €2

€3.50 to feed 4 people: beat that.

Although granted it was Supervalu and not on campus. Still though, that's impressive frugality by any measure.

Ah here, who has time to walk to Supervalu, buy that stuff, walk home, unpack it all, prepare it all, cook it, serve it, eat it, clean up.. ugh, I'm out of breath just typing this! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Love it :P
    Like posting ingredients for a soup... :P
    Cost: 19c per serving
    Prep time: 30 mins
    Cooking time: 18 hours ( sit overnight) :P
    Also decent deal by groody, 4 seasons pizza place, small pizza and drink, 5e
    16 inch for 10
    Chinese near it also has student deals and a subway next to Chinese,
    Admittedly, all off campus, was a regular at Chinese last year though, loved their curry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

What are the student deals at the Chinese place?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

€6 for chicken curry/sweet and sour/beef curry/chilli chicken with rice and a drink.

I may have gotten the curry tonight. :p

Not too bad. Is the food good?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I've gone about three times now and been happy with it. I like it a lot more than the place near Spar.

Might give it a go sometime so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hope the coming examinations don't turn out like this :D

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31998343

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Nope. No I've no clue what I want to do after I finish college and I'm getting so stressed over it. I don't think I'll do a masters, I'm certainly not doing one next year. But that means I have to get a job and if I've no idea what I want to do it'll mean a fairly "menial" (in inverted commas because I know that word is insulting and it's not intended to infer that but you understand what I mean).

Fours years of college and I've nothing to show for it and I don't want to stay here either (at home and Ireland). I've lived at home for four years during college and I can't see myself living a fifth (though I probably will). Feel I want to live away from Ireland. I just feel tired of it....feel my life is a right mess at the moment! Sorry for the rant, just final year worries. Should have chosen a more stable degree than English & history...:/

Why not teach English abroad for a year or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Nope. No I've no clue what I want to do after I finish college and I'm getting so stressed over it. I don't think I'll do a masters, I'm certainly not doing one next year. But that means I have to get a job and if I've no idea what I want to do it'll mean a fairly "menial" (in inverted commas because I know that word is insulting and it's not intended to infer that but you understand what I mean).

Fours years of college and I've nothing to show for it and I don't want to stay here either (at home and Ireland). I've lived at home for four years during college and I can't see myself living a fifth (though I probably will). Feel I want to live away from Ireland. I just feel tired of it....feel my life is a right mess at the moment! Sorry for the rant, just final year worries. Should have chosen a more stable degree than English & history...:/

Don't necessarily have to stay and do a masters. I'm an accountant and more and more of the people coming in to the office are people that have converted to it by doing diplomas following an undergrad in a different area and they can't get jobs in that area. Don't feel limited by what you did as an undergrad.

Advertisement