Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

iLaura wrote: »
    I think the library may be? I'll be in there tomorrow so I can check for you :)

Library is shut Tuesday :( Thanks though :).. I'm on my bus to Limerick now and its full, I was expecting a lot of people to not come down until Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Library is shut Tuesday :( Thanks though :).. I'm on my bus to Limerick now and its full, I was expecting a lot of people to not come down until Wednesday

Are you sure? I thought only the help desks would be closed.

The one day I was late leaving my house to get the bus, the bus was actually on time. I had to sprint to get it and then the bus driver told me it was only a relief bus and that another was coming too. So my bus is 3/4s empty :D

iLaura wrote: »
    Are you sure? I thought only the help desks would be closed.

The one day I was late leaving my house to get the bus, the bus was actually on time. I had to sprint to get it and then the bus driver told me it was only a relief bus and that another was coming too. So my bus is 3/4s empty :D

Yep they put up a Facebook status about being closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Why is there never heating on a Sunday?!! I'm soooo cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Thought I might stay home tomorrow but now I'm really considering going in! It's a choice between the library and a screaming baby (My mum is a child minder and this baby is fierce cranky) along with two other children causing noise and distracting me. I've an essay to get done by Thursday, so I'm anxious to get it started Monday (as I've been distracted with two essay deadlines for Monday!).:( Uh, LIFE. If Stalin/Hitler had been babies they would have got a lot further....
    Baby+Lisa+and+Little+Bart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Why have I got a feeling I'm gonna be the one to clean the whole house for the inspection? Couldn't possibly be due to the fact I came back today to find the cooker covered in solidified cif after an abandoned cleaning attempt... which only failed because they used a (brand new) sponge rather than the scrubbers that are there. I know this because they left the manky sponge sitting on the worktop beside it. Now the cooker is unusable, so I'll probably have to finish cleaning it. The lads have also decided to start using the girls bathroom rather than the lads due to the fact that theirs have become a biohazard and instead of cleaning it, they've moved. Although, having seen the cleaning attempts through out the year, it's probably better they don't try to clean anything... for example, wiping the table with a teatowel that was already encrusted with food (which I couldn't dump cause it's not mine). And then they wonder why I'm never in the house and don't like them using my stuff (which they do anyway which drives me insane. I mean if they are gonna use my sugar, at least put it back and fix everything you tossed by going into my cupboard and taking it out).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

sup_dude wrote: »
    Why have I got a feeling I'm gonna be the one to clean the whole house for the inspection? Couldn't possibly be due to the fact I came back today to find the cooker covered in solidified cif after an abandoned cleaning attempt... which only failed because they used a (brand new) sponge rather than the scrubbers that are there. I know this because they left the manky sponge sitting on the worktop beside it. Now the cooker is unusable, so I'll probably have to finish cleaning it. The lads have also decided to start using the girls bathroom rather than the lads due to the fact that theirs have become a biohazard and instead of cleaning it, they've moved. Although, having seen the cleaning attempts through out the year, it's probably better they don't try to clean anything... for example, wiping the table with a teatowel that was already encrusted with food (which I couldn't dump cause it's not mine). And then they wonder why I'm never in the house and don't like them using my stuff (which they do anyway which drives me insane. I mean if they are gonna use my sugar, at least put it back and fix everything you tossed by going into my cupboard and taking it out).

I'm so glad I've never had to live with muppet students

Can anyone confirm or deny that red raisins will be open tomorrow? I am incapable of doing work at home :o

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Well it was last year anyway so I'd only assume it is this year! My plan is to head to the main building tomorrow...... I'll be less than impressed if its closed!!

sibby wrote: »
    Well it was last year anyway so I'd only assume it is this year! My plan is to head to the main building tomorrow...... I'll be less than impressed if its closed!!

Is there any room in the main building that your allowed use to do work in?

• Advertisement

Sometimes the only time I think it's better to live at home is when I hear these stories! That such a pain and so disrespectful of them as well as disgusting. I mean, how can they possibly be THAT disgusting? I think it's worse because don't you all get in trouble even if it's only two individuals making the mess? Is there any way at all you can complain about them (though that might make things worse) but there is no way you should have to put up with that. What year are these guys in? I know you're in fourth year and with everything else going on, you shouldn't have to deal with this.

Can anyone confirm or deny that red raisins will be open tomorrow? I am incapable of doing work at home :o
    sibby wrote: »

Yeah it will be open, sure they'll be classes going on tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Hands up if you were the sad cranky one that didn't go out last night :P

Midkemia wrote: »
    Had way too many assignments to get done and still have to get two more done for Thursday. I'm not having any fun tonight.:(

Sometimes the only time I think it's better to live at home is when I hear these stories! That such a pain and so disrespectful of them as well as disgusting. I mean, how can they possibly be THAT disgusting? I think it's worse because don't you all get in trouble even if it's only two individuals making the mess? Is there any way at all you can complain about them (though that might make things worse) but there is no way you should have to put up with that. What year are these guys in? I know you're in fourth year and with everything else going on, you shouldn't have to deal with this.

Yup, the whole lot of us get in trouble, but I'd rather pay a fine than touch that bathroom downstairs. I could complain but the reception usually then sets a rota, which I probably won't be able to follow myself. There's two second years and two internationals. The two second years and one international are the lads who make the most mess (although the international was the one who said to me last week that we need to have a clean up before the inspection, that made me laugh). The other international is rarely in the house so doesn't make too much mess. The only real complaints about her is that she takes two showers a day and last semester when I was at my bfs more often than not, she let the drain clog which I had to clean out, and then she stuck a sign in the kitchen with glue but she's relatively tidy.
    Midkemia wrote: »

I didn't go out, but that's because I fell asleep and knew I'd a load of work to do today :)

Yup, the whole lot of us get in trouble, but I'd rather pay a fine than touch that bathroom downstairs. I could complain but the reception usually then sets a rota, which I probably won't be able to follow myself. There's two second years and two internationals. The two second years and one international are the lads who make the most mess (although the international was the one who said to me last week that we need to have a clean up before the inspection, that made me laugh). The other international is rarely in the house so doesn't make too much mess. The only real complaints about her is that she takes two showers a day and last semester when I was at my bfs more often than not, she let the drain clog which I had to clean out, and then she stuck a sign in the kitchen with glue but she's relatively tidy.
    I would go insane and kill them if I had to deal with that. Or else I'd lock them into that bathroom until they learned their lesson!:P

I didn't go out, but that's because I fell asleep and knew I'd a load of work to do today :)
    4th year life! So exciting!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Is spar on campus open

4th year life! So exciting!:P

I wanna go back to first year where the biggest worry was where we were gonna go out that night :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I wanna go back to first year where the biggest worry was where we were gonna go out that night :(

Or whether or not we'd have time to go to the off licence before pre-drinks began...

Better days...

anyone else not able to get onto the portal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is sulis gone again?

Story with all the guards around Dromroe recently?

Not UL related but oh my dear God, if I see another minon quote on my Facebook feed (which doesn't actually, I'm pretty sure, even quote anything from the film it just has a statement with a picture of a minon) I will rip my hair out. What is it with adults being obsession with the Minons and Frozen!? New Disney films are rubbish and you're an adult, it's not cute to like the minons and frozen. I'm sorry, I just hate those films, or more precisely, the hysteria that adults exhibit about it.

Anyone know how long it takes to walk from the library to the post office in the shopping centre beside the cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Between 25 and 40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

ricimaki wrote: »
    Between 25 and 40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

Thanks, Was hoping it was only going to be 10 minutes or something :P

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Not UL related but oh my dear God, if I see another minon quote on my Facebook feed (which doesn't actually, I'm pretty sure, even quote anything from the film it just has a statement with a picture of a minon) I will rip my hair out. What is it with adults being obsession with the Minons and Frozen!? New Disney films are rubbish and you're an adult, it's not cute to like the minons and frozen. I'm sorry, I just hate those films, or more precisely, the hysteria that adults exhibit about it.

I don't like Disney from any era so often get bored in conversations. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

Anyone know why there was a ambulance speeding towards the concert hall/drumroe today Around 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Thanks, Was hoping it was only going to be 10 minutes or something :P

If you walk through Elm Park it's 15mins, 20mins tops.

• Advertisement

If you walk through Elm Park it's 15mins, 20mins tops.

Which colour houses are elm park? I only know where Oaklawns is up there..

Advertisement