Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Why do people think it's okay to eat other people's food without clearing it with them first? I mean, whatever about a drop of milk, or a scrape of butter (as long as you don't take a chunk of it out) but going into someone elses cupboard and presuming you're entitled to eat all their food is just ****ty.

Haha it would get very repetative :pac:
    Who: Chris Martin
    When: Now
    Where: At the table eating cereal
    Wearing: Fluffy pjs

Who: Chris Martin
    When: Now
    Where: In the bathroom brushing his teeth
    Wearing: Still wearing fluffy pjs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Taking the pi$s when your opening other people's stuff.
    At that point you know they're not even trying to hide it.
    Before you leave, I reckon spike your stuff...
    Not, this dose of ebola will teach you to steal my milk spike, more of a, pour gone off milk into new bottle, maybe put a little fresh milk on top to mask initial odour and wait..
    May result in them not stealing from u any more.. :P
    Only time someone stole from me that was really bad was second year in UL.. really cheap room house of 6, usually drunk and one lad moved in, rough looking fella, didn't go to college, and I'm sure he stole from everyone.
    Only there a month but after he came after a couple of weeks kept everything in room.
    If I left it downstairs it was free game. :S

I got a onesie for Christmas actually..
    Christmas themed though so I don't know if it would be suitable for September. Or anyone who isn't immediate family. :P

Most popular thread :)
    Start skulking round the house.. :P

Who: supdude
    Where: Entering house
    Wearing: I dunno, didn't turn the lights on, just ran to laptop.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Anyone able to give macroeconomics 1st year grinds for about 2 sections of the module? For cheap :P

Anyone able to give macroeconomics 1st year grinds for about 2 sections of the module? For cheap :P

Are there Equines in your class?

I've done two modules of Macro but forgotten majority I'd say...
    Do Econ and Soc but concentrate on soc..
    Which areas got you down?

• Advertisement

It was the consumption function that I couldn't figure out but I finally got it today :D

Rings a bell :P
    Fair play, book can be pretty comprehensive, slides as well.
    Tutorials were massive help to me, went to them more than lectures.
    Doing Micro over here again now and doing Production function..
    Love it in comparison. :P

That said, Macro is supposed to be easier than Micro.
    Never saw it though... :P

I think macro is a lot harder than micro Haha! :O

Do they purposely try to sweat us out of the library
    WHAT IS WITH THE HEAT

I thought macro was way easier than micro but that was cause I was one of the weird kids who was interested in politics... The rest of the class didn't agree though

• Advertisement

Do they purposely try to sweat us out of the library
    WHAT IS WITH THE HEAT

Only when the windows aren't wide open and the place is freezing...

sup_dude wrote: »
    Only when the windows aren't wide open and the place is freezing...

I only lasted 30 minutes earlier because it was so hot.
    That and the fact that the whole table was free but a lad decided it was necessary to sit right across from me, open a copy and proceed to eat his lunchbox of spag bol.

In Venice they always do that.
    Everyone seems to bring preprepared meals and eat them between classes or in library.. The done thing I suppose. That said; there are vending machines everywhere for coffee and food and stuff.
    They kinda want you to eat at college to spend longer here. Only one canteen though.
    Image made me laugh though...
    I know you said eating but in my mind all I can picture is scoffing slurping and sucking, big red lips and cheeks, splatters of sauce everywhere... In UL I'd go to a cafe to each lunch, even preprepared and order a coffee or a drink so I'm technically a paying customer.. :P

Image made me laugh though...
    I know you said eating but in my mind all I can picture is scoffing slurping and sucking, big red lips and cheeks, splatters of sauce everywhere... In UL I'd go to a cafe to each lunch, even preprepared and order a coffee or a drink so I'm technically a paying customer.. :P

Oh, when I said eating I was being nice.
    There was scoffing, slurping, sucking, sauce everywhere. And some strange eye contact.
    It was awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

This bloody FYP :( finding it so hard to be motivated but I'm just sick of it at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

My only lecture today at 9 o'clock got cancelled and she only sent the email after eleven last night, I was in bed.:o :( If I've a nine o'clock lecture it means I'm up at six, so I'm fairly tired now! Can't go home either though because there's loud children and a screaming baby and I'll never get anything done. So I'm marooned in the library and I hate this library because I spend way too much time here.:( This day is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Hating these angled sockets in the library. Can't plug in my mac charger since it's fúcking massive :(

Never mind, a seat just opened up and I have a wall socket :D

anyone know where I can get soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

anyone know where I can get soup?

Spar have soup and bread for like 2.50 I think

• Advertisement

The cafe in the library have vegetable soup and roll for €3

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CSIS cafe has nice soup too. Not sure on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

If there's one thing I hate more than early mornings its god damn group projects. Four members in the group, everyone had their work to do by Sunday for the project thats due this week. One person isnt bothering their arse, isnt available to meet up at all and hasnt done their work. FFS -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Was so tired this morning in the library, on my way out I swiped my card on the left instead of the right, meaning the wrong gate opened. By the time I realised it was too late and I was stuck inside :o
    My next amazing idea was to wait until someone else opened a gate and follow them out quickly.. Cue red lights and loud beeping, and me speed walking out of there...

Soooo ya I don't think I can ever enter the library again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

So excited/terrified for my presentation tomorrow at the AICUR conference! ah, I really hope I don't screw it up/bore people to death. It is only ten minutes but I feel like my presentation is really "meh" as it's to do with English literature.:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So excited/terrified for my presentation tomorrow at the AICUR conference! ah, I really hope I don't screw it up/bore people to death. It is only ten minutes but I feel like my presentation is really "meh" as it's to do with English literature.:o

Oooh! I'm doing that too.

And I'm thinking the exact same thoughts... :o

Good Luck!
    I'll be either on route back to Ireland whilst you're doing that...
    Wishing you well from the clouds :D

Actually chances are I'll be in a queue somewhere in Venice, late enough flight... But on the off chance it's late, I'll wish you well from the clouds, if not I'll send my wishes from the boring ground... :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Oral exams...What cruel person thought they were a good idea..

Fail this and the module is failed...Wunderbar, danke.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oooh! I'm doing that too.

And I'm thinking the exact same thoughts... :o

Did you have an FYP demo today by any chance?

• Advertisement

Ugh, finalised title has to be submitted tomorrow morning :( I still don't know what my FYP is!

Advertisement