Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

My Sulis is back but one of my modules (the one i need the most today) is missing. Its not in the hidden sites part either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

My Sulis is back but one of my modules (the one i need the most today) is missing. Its not in the hidden sites part either :(

Weird, one of mine is missing too. :confused:

The library site won't work for me and I really need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Is student mail still down for everyone ?

Have some stuff in my emails that I really need to get to :/

Weird, one of mine is missing too. :confused:

The library site won't work for me and I really need it!

You could say its done a vanishing act :pac: (I'll get my coat)
    shane7218 wrote: »
    Is student mail still down for everyone ?

Have some stuff in my emails that I really need to get to :/

email is still down for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

You could say its done a vanishing act :pac: (I'll get my coat)

Could do. :pac: Just realised a second one's gone too, one I actually need. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I can log onto my email but I doubt it's refreshed as I'd normally get emails on Monday morning.

Did get the careers email yesterday though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

How strict do you think security is going to be this week in the villages?

I have 2 midterms on Thursday and my housemates are having a house party. I'm kinda hoping they are strict :/ I know I'm a buzzkill and **** but yeah.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I'm dying already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Aragneer wrote: »
    How strict do you think security is going to be this week in the villages?

I have 2 midterms on Thursday and my housemates are having a house party. I'm kinda hoping they are strict :/ I know I'm a buzzkill and **** but yeah.. :/

This is me all over.. :P
    I wouldn't hold my breath though, rag week seems to be a free pass really in regards to parties for nothing short of murder... :P
    Still, hope you get it stopped.. :P

This is me all over.. :P
    I wouldn't hold my breath though, rag week seems to be a free pass really in regards to parties for nothing short of murder... :P
    Still, hope you get it stopped.. :P

This week is possibly one of my most stressful weeks ever (FYP is due too) so I am taking no prisoners :P

• Advertisement

Murder it is, I wish you the best of luck.. :P
    I'd tell them that this week is what it is, maybe try and negotiate where you can, drink during the day and **** off at night, if you plan on spending days in libraries.
    Spent rag week 2 years ago writing an essay. Took the week but got it done, locked myself in my room. Came down Thursday evening, broken bottles all over living room, **** spilled everywhere, half lightbulbs gone, fridge and cupboards ransacked, chip bags everywhere and pizza boxes, empty cans and bottles strewn pillar to post and eggs thrown off the walls.
    I was thankful I was kept busy because I may have killed one of them..
    I took the leftover bottles though and had a well deserved drink.. :P
    Hope they attend events, stress though that Wednesday night is a no go though and say in advance if there's any noise you'll call security.
    Fúck being labelled dry, it's your FYP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Does anyone know the opening and closing times of the Print Room? Oh, I have so many essays due there's no way I'll be doing anything on rag week!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone know can the mail room do registered post or will a trip to the PO be necessary?

Murder it is, I wish you the best of luck.. :P
    I'd tell them that this week is what it is, maybe try and negotiate where you can, drink during the day and **** off at night, if you plan on spending days in libraries.
    Spent rag week 2 years ago writing an essay. Took the week but got it done, locked myself in my room. Came down Thursday evening, broken bottles all over living room, **** spilled everywhere, half lightbulbs gone, fridge and cupboards ransacked, chip bags everywhere and pizza boxes, empty cans and bottles strewn pillar to post and eggs thrown off the walls.
    I was thankful I was kept busy because I may have killed one of them..
    I took the leftover bottles though and had a well deserved drink.. :P
    Hope they attend events, stress though that Wednesday night is a no go though and say in advance if there's any noise you'll call security.
    Fúck being labelled dry, it's your FYP!

Wow, that is absolutely terrible. I hope my house doesn't get that bad. I don't think it will but just sometimes they get a little rowdy and forget themselves. I have been woken up a few nights with them just talking 'cause they forget to keep their voices down. I don't mind that but I hope it doesn't get to the stage this week where I don't get sleep.

I'm working till 2am on three nights too so I'm going to be very very cranky haha.
    They can be as loud as they like those nights I'm working (as I'm gone) and Thursday night they can go wild as I'm out too. Just please...Let me have a silent Wednesday haha.
    May be sipping on a can that night to soothe the nerves :P

Does anyone know the opening and closing times of the Print Room? Oh, I have so many essays due there's no way I'll be doing anything on rag week!

I know that it opens at 9 in the morning but not sure about closing, possibly 5 or 6.

From what I remember it closes at 4.45..
    Going to say 9 - 4.45 as I think there was some jib a while back about students not being able to print something off before its first class..
    4.45 was when it shut the day I last used it at the end of August.

Wow, that is absolutely terrible. I hope my house doesn't get that bad. I don't think it will but just sometimes they get a little rowdy and forget themselves. I have been woken up a few nights with them just talking 'cause they forget to keep their voices down. I don't mind that but I hope it doesn't get to the stage this week where I don't get sleep.

I'm working till 2am on three nights too so I'm going to be very very cranky haha.
    They can be as loud as they like those nights I'm working (as I'm gone) and Thursday night they can go wild as I'm out too. Just please...Let me have a silent Wednesday haha.
    May be sipping on a can that night to soothe the nerves :P

I've had a bad enough run of housemates bar last year.. :P
    Actually by first year was the best, we just had one absolute psychopath. :P
    26 year old girl took a year out doing same course I'm doing..
    Text a guy one night hoping to start a relationship with him or something, I don't know.. anyway, the threw phone, remote and 12 glass bottles off the wall... I sat there stunned.. Then she cried on me for a while..
    I'll never forget that as long as I live.. :P

Let's hope none of yours are like that eh..
    Still doing the RAG week Elm Park watchers thing.. :P
    I guess its pay.. :P
    Best of luck Thursday :D
    Nothing wrong with one ;P

I've had a bad enough run of housemates bar last year.. :P
    Actually by first year was the best, we just had one absolute psychopath. :P
    26 year old girl took a year out doing same course I'm doing..
    Text a guy one night hoping to start a relationship with him or something, I don't know.. anyway, the threw phone, remote and 12 glass bottles off the wall... I sat there stunned.. Then she cried on me for a while..
    I'll never forget that as long as I live.. :P

Let's hope none of yours are like that eh..
    Still doing the RAG week Elm Park watchers thing.. :P
    I guess its pay.. :P
    Best of luck Thursday :D
    Nothing wrong with one ;P

Well that is surely an exciting housemate...
    Fortunately, the worst I've ever had was a guy who shot metal BB pellets at our sofa cushions in my first year and then a house full of guys playing Disney Dubstep so loud you couldn't sleep. But that's my run of bad housemates.
    I've always had someone ****ty, I've been quite lucky this year!
    I hope none of them turn out to be like yours this week :P

Ha yes but hopefully not just in Elm Park this year, I'm hoping for a night in College Court, they are always eventful :P

Thanks for the luck, I possibly need it :P

Well that is surely an exciting housemate...
    Fortunately, the worst I've ever had was a guy who shot metal BB pellets at our sofa cushions in my first year and then a house full of guys playing Disney Dubstep so loud you couldn't sleep. But that's my run of bad housemates.
    I've always had someone ****ty, I've been quite lucky this year!
    I hope none of them turn out to be like yours this week :P

Ha yes but hopefully not just in Elm Park this year, I'm hoping for a night in College Court, they are always eventful :P

Thanks for the luck, I possibly need it :P

Last year worst I had was a chap obsessed with Japanese cooking that liked to try new weird a wonderful recipes a lot. This also meant though that the sink was often touching cupboards..
    All in all though it was welcomed.. :P
    I'm not best house mate but I'm not noisy.. :)
    Just messy as f*ck... But I don't let anyone in my room so doesn't matter :)
    Over here actually I've a perfect housemate.
    I was a little sceptical about sharing a bedroom but after staying at loads of cheap hostels this year, not that different and more homely.. :P
    Never liked Elm Park this time of year..
    Never really been to college court except to drop someone home..
    I don't understand why people would put mid terms in Rag week..
    Never enjoyed Rag week but liked the option to go out.. I find Basshunter humorous though.. was unaware he was still relevant, alive and financially liquid.. :P
    Ah I'm sure you'll be fine.. :D
    You're good and German, English and everything in between... which is everything as they're polar opposites :P
    Don't worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone know can the mail room do registered post or will a trip to the PO be necessary?

They should indeed

• Advertisement

Last year worst I had was a chap obsessed with Japanese cooking that liked to try new weird a wonderful recipes a lot. This also meant though that the sink was often touching cupboards..
    All in all though it was welcomed.. :P
    I'm not best house mate but I'm not noisy.. :)
    Just messy as f*ck... But I don't let anyone in my room so doesn't matter :)
    Over here actually I've a perfect housemate.
    I was a little sceptical about sharing a bedroom but after staying at loads of cheap hostels this year, not that different and more homely.. :P
    Never liked Elm Park this time of year..
    Never really been to college court except to drop someone home..
    I don't understand why people would put mid terms in Rag week..
    Never enjoyed Rag week but liked the option to go out.. I find Basshunter humorous though.. was unaware he was still relevant, alive and financially liquid.. :P
    Ah I'm sure you'll be fine.. :D
    You're good and German, English and everything in between... which is everything as they're polar opposites :P
    Don't worry about it :)

I think I'm a decent housemate. My only downfall is that when everyone else is laughing and having fun, some nights I am hiding in my bed and watching tv/reading a book. I can be rather anti-social when people want me to join in but I do need my ME time.

College court is usually crazy rag week, so we'll see.
    I'll keep you informed :P

Basshunter is an absolute joke though...
    Keywest are awesome, too bad I'm working the one night they play...

Haha thank you for the support :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

They should indeed

Awesome. Whereabouts is it actually located do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Floor 0 just off the fountain, B block. If you were walking from the fountain towards the back of the SU it's behind the glass door as you face the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

It's the stairwell at A block. So if you're standing at the laundrette in the courtyard looking towards main building its the stairs straight in front of you. The room immediately to your right and the one just left of the stairs are both mail rooms, I just dunno which one you'd go into. I *think* its the room on the right, if memory serves me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is it true about the stables only stocking Beamish and not Guinness? As in when you ask for Guinness its really Beamish that you get

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

9.15-4.45

Does anyone know where I could get a cheap school bag for no more than €10?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That trampoline in the courtyard......bounce .....bounce.......almost hypnotic at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Does anyone know where I could get a cheap school bag for no more than €10?

Got my one in dunnes stores for €10. Does the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Anyone know anybody whos sole goal on a night out is to be in moshpits? Still searching for a moshpit soulmate :P

Advertisement