Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Easy to spot the fourth years in the library, they're the ones that are radiating stress :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

sup_dude wrote: »
    Easy to spot the fourth years in the library, they're the ones that are radiating stress :P

Still haven't been to the library since Week 1... does anyone know if the student id machine is working now?

Still though, couldn't be dealing with the library. Had enough of that in 1st year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

That's me! Hiding in the Postgrad area at the moment because I was nearly tearing my hair out yesterday trying to get work done while the people around wouldn't stop talking. Had to leave in the end. I couldn't concentrate and was getting seriously frustrated. The silence in postgraduate is so beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

how do you print the coop CV? i've tried reading the coop handbook here http://www3.ul.ie/coop/coop/students/studentcoophandbook.pdf bit it won't open

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

how do you print the coop CV? i've tried reading the coop handbook here http://www3.ul.ie/coop/coop/students/studentcoophandbook.pdf bit it won't open

CTRL+P on the page I think. IIRC you just have to hand it in to the Co-Op office as a proof that you actually did it and so they have your phone number.

• Advertisement

Thanks wnolan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

GODDAMMIT GAVIN CONNELL

What's the story with failing a module? Do you have to repeat it or is it O.K. if your QCA is high enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

If you get a D and your QCA is still above 2.0, it's a compensating fail so you don't have to repeat. But if you get an F you have to repeat no matter what your QCA is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Why do receptions close whenever it pleases them to do so.. I have accommodation fees due today and I'm getting the train at 2:45 and they don't reopen till 2... I have to get the bus as well so what can I do? Can I pay it on Monday as I won't have the time to do it today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Why do receptions close whenever it pleases them to do so.. I have accommodation fees due today and I'm getting the train at 2:45 and they don't reopen till 2... I have to get the bus as well so what can I do? Can I pay it on Monday as I won't have the time to do it today?

These accommodation fees aren't for on campus, I hope, right??

I got the invoice for Plassey but I think the due date is 1st of December (well the closing date).

Sorry if I'm being a nitwit, just confused..

Aragneer wrote: »
    These accommodation fees aren't for on campus, I hope, right??

I got the invoice for Plassey but I think the due date is 1st of December (well the closing date).

Sorry if I'm being a nitwit, just confused..

Yeah their for on campus. I only paid 980 in September and I was told that I can pay the other 980 on 31st of October which is today. Next payment is due in December unfortunately which will make a hole in my wallet seeing that my birthday is the following week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

dral6.jpg

Anybody know they are doing at the Flagpoles? Looks like a new road or a path?

Anybody know they are doing at the Flagpoles? Looks like a new road or a path?

New path, I think we got an email about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

This was the email:
    Pedestrian path closure

As part of the “Limerick Smarter Travel Programme” construction work will commence from 10.00am tomorrow (Wednesday 29th October 2014) on the pedestrian path which runs behind the Scully wall at the Main entrance (Flag mast entrance), see map below.

This work will involve the closure of the pedestrian path (running behind the Scully wall) up to the Pedestrian crossing, including the pedestrian crossing and the closure of the existing Bus Stop opposite the flag masts. Pedestrians will be required to cross the main campus road at the traffic lights at the main entrance. The bus stop on the main avenue near the roundabout will still be in operation as normal.

We thank you for your co-operation

Building and Estates Department
    www.ul.ie/buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What about the fountains at Kemmy, anyone know what's going on there?

ScummyMan wrote: »
    What about the fountains at Kemmy, anyone know what's going on there?

Looks like a footpath alongside the road, maybe a cyclist lane? It's either one of those as they've completely revamped the footpaths from the Kemmy bus stop up to the fountains beside KBS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is coop placement information sent out randomly or is there a set time? I asked for info from the coop office a few weeks ago and they said it could be awhile but I'm starting to wonder if I should ask again.

Sorry for cluelessness :o:D

Does UL give me free money for my printing? I have E22 in my account and there's no record of that transaction or any transaction from my bank account. I've used it once to top up a tenner at the beginning of the semester but that was it..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Does UL give me free money for my printing? I have E22 in my account and there's no record of that transaction or any transaction from my bank account. I've used it once to top up a tenner at the beginning of the semester but that was it..?

Before you could pass on your printing credit to others. It was stopped as people's credit was stolen when they left their logged on PC unattended :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Are they getting rid of the fountain/pond down at Schuman and Kemmy? I liked that fountain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I apologise in advance for my sneezing to those on the second floor of the library above the postgrad room. I haven't stopped all day.

On another note, I forgot to bring my goddamn laptop charger with me -.-

iLaura wrote: »
    I apologise in advance for my sneezing to those on the second floor of the library above the postgrad room. I haven't stopped all day.

On another note, I forgot to bring my goddamn laptop charger with me -.-

What type of laptop have you got? I'm on the second floor too and my laptop is fully charged and will stay charged for hours if you have the same type

What type of laptop have you got? I'm on the second floor too and my laptop is fully charged and will stay charged for hours if you have the same type

Mine's an Acer, surely I wouldnt be so lucky that yours is too :-P

iLaura wrote: »
    Mine's an Acer, surely I wouldnt be so lucky that yours is too :-P

Ah darn, mine isn't! :(

Ah darn, mine isn't! :(

I got some exam questions written down before it died so its not too bad.

Thanks anyways :D

That's not too bad, at least!

Ugh my supervisor is useless!! 10 page proposal due last week, and the ethics form due in two days and I haven't had any help with either. Spent the last few hours waiting on a reply as to whether I can do the tests I plan on doing and still haven't had a reply. The only email I got sent today was asking whether a piece of equipment is in UL, which was in responce to an email I sent asking her if the equipment was in UL... Also asked her whether I need to fill out the small ethics form, or the full one, no reply. Also need to know what a profile is, and what it is I need to include in it... no reply to that either! I wouldn't mind, everyone else has weekly meetings with their supervisor. I get 10 mins if I run around trying to find her. She also hasn't a clue about what she's meant to be doing, and kept trying to get me to talk to various people that I'm not allowed to talk to. :rolleyes: I've already missed the proposal deadline because I can't do a literature review or a full materials and methods until she gets back to me and now I'll probably miss the ethics deadline. This is going to be a long year...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

Are they getting rid of the fountain/pond down at Schuman and Kemmy? I liked that fountain :p

The fountains are staying. They are just building a cycle lane along one side as part of the Smarter Travel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is an over due 3 hour loan book going to keep charging me 1 euro every hour its overdue? :eek:

Advertisement