Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Timetable for repeats is up

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

i just want the next semester time table so i can plan my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

Timetable for repeats is up

Can you post a link please, I don't seem to be able to find it.

numnumcake wrote: »
    Can you post a link please, I don't seem to be able to find it.

Www.timetable.UL.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Finally got my official rejection for the Orientation Guide Application, about a month or two after everybody found out they got the job...Think I kind of got the idea by now but at least I got an e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Evergreen23

Aragneer wrote: »
    Finally got my official rejection for the Orientation Guide Application, about a month or two after everybody found out they got the job...Think I kind of got the idea by now but at least I got an e-mail.

Do you know who makes the decision regarding the recruitment?

Do you know who makes the decision regarding the recruitment?

My e-mail rejection was from Padraig Mooney. When I looked him up it says he is part of the International Education Division so I'm not really sure who makes the decision..

The excuse for my rejection was that there were too many applications.

How long will I have to wait for the results for the repeats?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

As far as i know they are released on the 8th of september.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

I believe its the 5th of September, we start back the 8th of September

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah, it'll be the 8th at 9am. A complete balls of a system (particularly if you fail) but shur...

EDIT: No wait, I'm wrong. They're out the 6th.

UL changed part of their bureaucracy for the better? What's happened guys... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, it'll be the 8th at 9am. A complete balls of a system (particularly if you fail) but shur...

EDIT: No wait, I'm wrong. They're out the 6th.

UL changed part of their bureaucracy for the better? What's happened guys... :eek:

Is it not the 5th? I'm going by the calendar http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Academic_Calendar/2014_-_15_Academic_Calendar
    3rd line under Autumn teaching term, it says
    Results available on line (Repeats)
    1 day
    Fri 06/09/2014
    But the 6th is a Saturday, so do they not mean Friday the 5th?
    Pretty certain they released them on a Friday last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

Are graduation robes really €45-€50 to rent for less than two hours? I can't afford that at the moment are they compulsory or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Are graduation robes really €45-€50 to rent for less than two hours? I can't afford that at the moment are they compulsory or what?

Interested to hear the answer on this because there's not a hope in hell I'm renting them.

And would anyone happen to know how I can find out the module codes and module leaders for the upcoming semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Administration/Ceremonies/Graduate_Conferrings/Information_for_Graduands/Robe_Hire
    42 Euro and yes it seems. Also have to be ordered by the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 themerovingian

I'm not a cheap person (my financial position is dreadful at the moment) but that is a fuking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, €40 is a lot.

I hope I can get a third ticket for it, my sister is flying back from Belgium for it.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Without bothering to start a new thread, I have a repeat question -

Is there such thing as a compensatory fail in a repeat? I got an F this semester which I must repeat. I have been very lucky and got a job straight out of college, so obviously failing the repeat is out of the question.

So I ask is, if worse comes to worse, would I still skate by with a D1 or D2?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Without bothering to start a new thread, I have a repeat question -

Is there such thing as a compensatory fail in a repeat? I got an F this semester which I must repeat. I have been very lucky and got a job straight out of college, so obviously failing the repeat is out of the question.

So I ask is, if worse comes to worse, would I still skate by with a D1 or D2?

As long as your QCA is above 2.0, yes you'll be fine with a D2.

EDIT: My own sort of bitch: I'm 3,000 words deep in my Co-op report. 1,700 written tonight. Just the "Opportunities for Learning" and the Post Co-op assessment form to go... Good lord this is tedious nonsense!

Yeah, €40 is a lot.

I hope I can get a third ticket for it, my sister is flying back from Belgium for it.. :(

Any luck with the third ticket? My boyfriend is trying to get a third too.

I think the two ticket rule is shocking really because I know next year I'm going to have the same problem with my sister too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Any luck with the third ticket? My boyfriend is trying to get a third too.

I think the two ticket rule is shocking really because I know next year I'm going to have the same problem with my sister too..

Too late for you, but this might help with your sister. If she knows anyone that won't get going to the graduation ceremony she can ask them for their tickets. There's also loads of tickets available on the day from the concert hall so it's not really a problem looking for another ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone else get bull**** charges from Campus Life Services taken off their deposit? House was spotless when leaving and they still managed to take 35euro...12 quid for carpet cleaning??? :mad:

Anyone else get bull**** charges from Campus Life Services taken off their deposit? House was spotless when leaving and they still managed to take 35euro...12 quid for carpet cleaning??? :mad:

Happened to me in First Year!
    I think I lost about 42 or something...For cushions on the sofa cleaning and apparently wall repair? But I scrubbed those walls and checked them all completely and I saw no damage at all!
    The cushions had also been scrubbed and sprayed..

Campus Life Services are ridiculous with the deposit!

Too late for you, but this might help with your sister. If she knows anyone that won't get going to the graduation ceremony she can ask them for their tickets. There's also loads of tickets available on the day from the concert hall so it's not really a problem looking for another ticket.

That would be good. I shall ask around well in advance next year for my sister and fingers crossed I can sort that out ^^
    I left it way too late to get one for myself this year.
    Thanks for the help!

This is pretty standard for them. I got 72 taken off me this year, despite the fact the place was immaculate.

They always find something...

Was talking to a lad who does the cleaning for them over the summer. He said that if, for argument's sake, you broke a plate and replaced it with one you bought yourself at a third of the price they charge for plates, they'll just toss it out if it's not the EXACT brand they use and charge you for it.

Any idea if we'll be getting our timetables anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Any idea if we'll be getting our timetables anytime soon?

I've a feeling that it'll be tomorrow, or this coming week. Definitely by next Monday. They always seem to have the timetables up by the time the first round of the CAO is out

iLaura wrote: »
    I've a feeling that it'll be tomorrow, or this coming week. Definitely by next Monday. They always seem to have the timetables up by the time the first round of the CAO is out

I think we would have heard something about it if it was tomorrow but I would seriously love that! If not, I really do agree with the next Monday thing, I forgot the offers aren't out yet!

Brace yourselves, First years are coming! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Brace yourselves, First years are coming! :P

Just because you're getting old and going into fourth year, doesn't mean you can abuse the little first years :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    As long as your QCA is above 2.0, yes you'll be fine with a D2.

EDIT: My own sort of bitch: I'm 3,000 words deep in my Co-op report. 1,700 written tonight. Just the "Opportunities for Learning" and the Post Co-op assessment form to go... Good lord this is tedious nonsense!

Thanks pal.

Don't worry about the co-op report, once it's in on time that's all you need, they barely read them.

Advertisement