Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Hey just wondering something about dropping out. I did first year this year but I'm changing course in September so I won't be coming back. I was talking to someone in the access office about it and try mentioned something about an exit form I think to officially drop out. However I can't find this anywhere on the website even tho she said I could do it online to save having to go the whole way back to limerick. Any ideas as to how to officially drop out?

Do you own a phone? You seem to have access to communications of some sort. Is emailing the college, possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Hours later after resolving their mistake re my fees, still no results online.
    I'd love to just know if I should happy or sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Do you own a phone? You seem to have access to communications of some sort. Is emailing the college, possible?

Of course I emailed them. I was asking if anyone here knew because they still haven't gotten back to me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

September but anytime before graduating is fine nobody is going to read our rubbish reports. They will see one long enough to constitute an effort and throw it in the pile with the rest.

Sweet, ive just sent mine to my manager to sign or whatever, happy to be done with it in June... im just gonna have it binded and leave it in the press until they annoy us for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anyone know when coop reports are Due?

There'll be a deadline.. Probably sometime in week 2/3..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Just dealt with a very rude person at the Fees Office who basically hung up on me.
    Disgusted, this is their mistake [as admitted earlier], however this person was basically accusing me of not paying.

Here's to one day finding out what degree I'm getting.
    :mad:

My Email just worked without getting the error message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

garv123 wrote: »
    My Email just worked without getting the error message!
    My email allowed me to put in my username and password whereas before I was just getting an error message. Tried to put in my password and suddenly it wouldn't accept it! Emailed ITD twice now, I'll have to ring them soon if they don't reply. I need to access my email. Can't seem to change my password either!

My email allowed me to put in my username and password whereas before I was just getting an error message. Tried to put in my password and suddenly it wouldn't accept it! Emailed ITD twice now, I'll have to ring them soon if they don't reply. I need to access my email. Can't seem to change my password either!

I was getting the password incorrect issue last week, emailed them twice, then rang main reception and asked to get put through to ITD, they put me through straight away and I told them the problem and they reset me password with a new one.

Then after it worked a day later I had the error message :/

Id ring ITD instead of waiting for an email.

garv123 wrote: »
    I was getting the password incorrect issue last week, emailed them twice, then rang main reception and asked to get put through to ITD, they put me through straight away and I told them the problem and they reset me password with a new one.

Then after it worked a day later I had the error message :/

Id ring ITD instead of waiting for an email.
    Will do, thanks!:)

• Advertisement

Got it sorted! I rang them and got no response but when I checked my emails they had responded to me! I know they are pretty swamped at the moment and everything! What's the deal with not being able to use Chrome to access the emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

FFS I got my email reset a few days ago and was able access email fine. now when i go into email its changed to a microsoft sign in thing. where you have put in full email address and passsword. when i do this it its says account does not exist.

whats the story now? password and stuff works fine for other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone get the UL email going on an android phone? Running Kit kat if that matters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Anyone get the UL email going on an android phone? Running Kit kat if that matters :p

Ya, I got it running on a Moto G running Kit Kat. I think I used the exchange settings, but I don't really remember to be honest. It wasn't straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Some guy is having a picnic in the library

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jester252 wrote: »
    Some guy is having a picnic in the library

haha what type of wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Writing this co-op report would be so much easier if it didn't have to be single spaced! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

YFlyer wrote: »
    haha what type of wine?

The finest 2 liter bottle of Lidi lemon soft drink

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Writing this co-op report would be so much easier if it didn't have to be single spaced! :(

Writing mine at the moment too...

I just put in a half page diagram for the organisational structure, with a paragraph above and below. Ain't nobody got time to write a minimum of 1 page for that sh*te. :pac:

I'm also finding liberal use of new paragraphs fills the space rather nicely. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jester252 wrote: »
    The finest 2 liter bottle of Lidi lemon soft drink

Wait till the winter and the flask of soup be coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I just put in a half page diagram for the organisational structure, with a paragraph above and below. Ain't nobody got time to write a minimum of 1 page for that sh*te. :pac:

I'm also finding liberal use of new paragraphs fills the space rather nicely. :P

3/4 of a page can technically count as a page in that report since it's long enough :D If you bring in the margins just a tiny amount, it might help a bit and wouldn't be enough for them to notice. Then a lot of new paragraphs with a line between each paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Whats the story with viewing scripts?
    Do we get an email telling us a time to be in for or show up anytime on the day?
    I'm in CES if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Got an email today giving me a location, date and time. Life Sciences department

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

That's why I type why I do!
    Lay the seeds years in advance so they're ready for the odd spontaneous paragraph. :)
    Well that's how he normally writes, and it is easier to read... :P

I have so many paragraphs it's kind of a joke!

I'm finding it kind of hard to do 2 pages for responsibilities and still have stuff left for opportunities for learning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I have so many paragraphs it's kind of a joke!

I'm finding it kind of hard to do 2 pages for responsibilities and still have stuff left for opportunities for learning.

I've used basically everything that I thought should go in the responsibilities in the summary...

I mean really, there's only so many times I can describe the relatively straight forward project I'm working on right? :P

As for the opportunities for learning, that'll be the easiest section to fill I'd say. If you go on the website, they've a massive list of "skills". I'm just going to write something about each of them.

"Yeah, I totally learned the skill of dressing appropriately for work and arriving on time during my placement. Didn't know that before. THANK YOU CO-OP!"

Those are actually two skills on the list btw...

Anyone know the co-op office's opening hours during the summer? Is it the same as during the semester? Need to hand my report in next week.

Is it possible to post the report in or does it have to be handed in personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

that coop report was awful piss, my manager has had mine for a week and no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I just got them all forwarded to my Gmail account, set up a filter so they would all go into the UL label I created and just viewed them through the gmail app on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

1huge1 wrote: »
    I just got them all forwarded to my Gmail account, set up a filter so they would all go into the UL label I created and just viewed them through the gmail app on my phone.

I have that set up as week but I want to set up the UL email on the phone to make it easier for sending emails

Advertisement