Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

sup_dude wrote: »
    Just because you're getting old and going into fourth year, doesn't mean you can abuse the little first years :pac:

Darn it but I've always waited for this moment! :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Aragneer wrote: »
    Darn it but I've always waited for this moment! :P :pac:

You can abuse away when they're older first years and start getting a bit too confident in themselves :P

I'd love to be back in first year...

On a slightly related note, are we going to have BULBs at all this year? Because I've already been at UL three years and all of ye could walk straight past me on the street and I wouldn't know ya...

You can abuse away when they're older first years and start getting a bit too confident in themselves :P

I'd love to be back in first year...

On a slightly related note, are we going to have BULBs at all this year? Because I've already been at UL three years and all of ye could walk straight past me on the street and I wouldn't know ya...

So in second semester? Because I don't want to be mean here but second semester first years can get wayyy too big for their boots!

Me too.. I'm hoping living in Plassey for fourth year will rekindle that first year feeling!

I have no clue! I would love to have BULBS but the people that would usually drag me to BULBS have left UL now and so I am back to anti-social me :P
    If we could all arrange something, that would be great because seriously, I know about two of ye... and even then, I still would walk past the two and not realise I knew them! Ha!

So in second semester? Because I don't want to be mean here but second semester first years can get wayyy too big for their boots!

Me too.. I'm hoping living in Plassey for fourth year will rekindle that first year feeling!

I have no clue! I would love to have BULBS but the people that would usually drag me to BULBS have left UL now and so I am back to anti-social me :P
    If we could all arrange something, that would be great because seriously, I know about two of ye... and even then, I still would walk past the two and not realise I knew them! Ha!

Exactly!

I'd ask for a first year house but then realise when I start my FYP that it'd be a terrible idea :pac:

I can be awfully anti-social but all this talk of fourth year is getting to me :(

Exactly!

I'd ask for a first year house but then realise when I start my FYP that it'd be a terrible idea :pac:

I can be awfully anti-social but all this talk of fourth year is getting to me :(

Well I'm kind of hoping for a house with Erasmus students or only a few first years because I am really worried about my FYP and I don't like using a library...or public spaces haha so fingers corssed for me! :P

Yeah me too! I'm sure some of the others will want a BULBS meet up! Although last year I heard no talk of one at all...1st and 2nd year everyone was always on about BULBS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

First years are great, young, out of their comfort zone, wild. Best partiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

In regards to the grad tickets. They normally have spare tickets on the day. Last year I was looking for a third ticket and they had sheets and sheets of spare tickets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just because you're getting old and going into fourth year, doesn't mean you can abuse the little first years :pac:

I'm going into my fifth year in UL...

Can I abuse them? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm going into my fifth year in UL...

Can I abuse them? :P
    Ah yes, on that note

i officially pass on the torch of elder statesman to you, keep it safe

passing-the-torch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

freyners wrote: »
    Ah yes, on that note

i officially pass on the torch of elder statesman to you, keep it safe

passing-the-torch.jpg

I'm also going in to my 5th year, what do I get? :p

• Advertisement

I'm also going in to my 5th year, what do I get? :p
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0BmHgceYiyre5aDVYpnThpP0QlPytkjFxfpf9L5njnmxTmhYmMTl1nZo
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm finishing my 6th year, officially in UL, and it all started way back in 1995. :(

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'm finishing my 6th year, officially in UL, and it all started way back in 1995. :(

Here ya go!
    ZIMMER%20FRAME.jpg

elder statement, not ancient :P

you get this

ear-horn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I know this feeling.. Still around UL and I have a 95 ID also.

Going to be weird to see people with birthdates in '96 this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Popoutman wrote: »
    I know this feeling.. Still around UL and I have a 95 ID also.

Going to be weird to see people with birthdates in '96 this year...

Jaysus, so there are more refugees out here from the pre Celtic Tiger era still studying!

My nephew was born in 95, just finished first year here... :(

On a side note, I heard someone talk about "retro 90s fashion" yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Here was me thinking I originally started here a long time ago beginning my Bachelor in 2008.

One thing is for sure, the amount of construction that has gone on at UL in the past 6 years is nothing short of remarkable. The place has almost doubled in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is there much work available in Limerick for students?

First years are in, start making timetables please, UL!

Loads of issues trying to get the fees paid now. Keep getting internal server errors :/

• Advertisement

Here comes the weekly learning centre emails!

And the volunteering ones are back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

And straight into my spam box with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Seriously, where are the timetables? I need to plan a holiday and work around 'em >.<

iLaura wrote: »
    Seriously, where are the timetables? I need to plan a holiday and work around 'em >.<

I'm the same...except not a holiday but if I can get home on Fridays on my early bus, if I need to be around all day one day or if I can have a day off, etc.

:/ I don't remember them coming out this late last year!

I'm the same...except not a holiday but if I can get home on Fridays on my early bus, if I need to be around all day one day or if I can have a day off, etc.

:/ I don't remember them coming out this late last year!

I actually went and checked facebook messages and they came out the day after the CAO last year, which was the 20th. So a year ago today by the day, a year ago tomorrow by the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

I actually went and checked facebook messages and they came out the day after the CAO last year, which was the 20th. So a year ago today by the day, a year ago tomorrow by the date.

I seen that too i checked aswell if they are not out by tomorrow its a bit of a joke like

Totally agree, usually they are well on top of the timetables, ready for the first years and then the people returning but this year it really is a joke... I'm hoping for a possible 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock release today? It is only 11:30 ..

I had a post about it on my facebook wall last year on the 19th, which would've been CAO day. It was posted at about 16.35 ish so I was hoping they'd be out around 16.30 yesterday :(

I'm starting a post grad so won't get a personalised one, but I'd like to know at least what lectures I'll have and what the total hours are. (I know post grad ones may not even be available but I can dream :P )

• Advertisement

Totally agree, usually they are well on top of the timetables, ready for the first years and then the people returning but this year it really is a joke... I'm hoping for a possible 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock release today? It is only 11:30 ..

Like I remember the day of the CAO two years ago when it actually applied to me, I could get my timetable. I've been checking for the timetable everyday for like a week at this stage :P

Advertisement