Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

What happens when your CoOp is split? Do you do two reports and put them together, like chapters or do you throw both in together so the front page would be like;
    Name of employer: Name 1, Name 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sup_dude wrote: »
    What happens when your CoOp is split? Do you do two reports and put them together, like chapters or do you throw both in together so the front page would be like;

I did split, I think I did 2 cover pages.. But they told me to write the report as one.. paragraph about company A and then company B for each section.. all in one report..

If one was longer than another they told me concentrate on the main one.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I wrote mine as one. Did 3/4 of my time in one place so that's how much I wrote for it.

So I'd have the heading "strucrure " and then under that I had a subheading for company A and another subheading for company B.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I did mine in the one company but I changed to a very different Job after a month so I just wrote about each in different sections

Cheers guys! One more question, if you leave the first CoOp on bad terms, do you need to get a signature?

• Advertisement

Registered for a repeat..When do you pay for it? It just told me

"The repeats process has now been completed and your resit modules selected. Please use the tabs to return to the e:Vision portal."

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

garv123 wrote: »
    Registered for a repeat..When do you pay for it? It just told me

"The repeats process has now been completed and your resit modules selected. Please use the tabs to return to the e:Vision portal."

Believe me when you have to pay for it you'll know! They won't let you away without paying for it anyway! TBH, I forget the exact procedure and dates but they definitely send out something in the post similar to the thing for paying fees. You know, with a bank giro and instructions for paying online etc.

The Bogman wrote: »
    Believe me when you have to pay for it you'll know! They won't let you away without paying for it anyway! TBH, I forget the exact procedure and dates but they definitely send out something in the post similar to the thing for paying fees. You know, with a bank giro and instructions for paying online etc.

has to be registered by wednsday anyway but im going on holidays today so ive registered and just wait for an email or letter about payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Can you register for repeats online?

I have optional repeats and it would be handy to just do it online but can't find where to do it?

phish wrote: »
    Can you register for repeats online?

I have optional repeats and it would be handy to just do it online but can't find where to do it?

its on the student portal

• Advertisement

Sorry to be annoying but I just can't find it? is the student portal the si.ul.ie one? No clue where I should be looking because I can't see it where I think it should be.

phish wrote: »
    Sorry to be annoying but I just can't find it? is the student portal the si.ul.ie one? No clue where I should be looking because I can't see it where I think it should be.

yup should be in student records

Nope not showing up there at all.

Shall just have to post down the form I suppose. Will send an email too just in case it arrives a bit late.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Hi guys,

Will be starting in UL in September and was wondering does UL have a midterm in October?

Thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ross1986 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Will be starting in UL in September and was wondering does UL have a midterm in October?

Thanks

No.

We've the 16th and 17th off for Open Days.

Calendar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jester252 wrote: »
    Some guy is having a picnic in the library

Two guys here in the PC lab having their bloody Subway rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Is an extra floor part package with the new book sorting system?
    Maybe even some picnic benches out front for the finer days..

Another CoOp question for ye; has anyone on other courses gotten a visitor from the college? None of our course have ( which isn't great because a lot of us have had problems and couldn't get through to the office to sort them), and since we could technically finish by now if started in January, just wondering if they just weren't sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Another CoOp question for ye; has anyone on other courses gotten a visitor from the college? None of our course have ( which isn't great because a lot of us have had problems and couldn't get through to the office to sort them), and since we could technically finish by now if started in January, just wondering if they just weren't sent out.

Mostly its a phone call, only hear of one or two guys getting a visit. If nobody from your department calls or visits you can't be held accountable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Our course director called out to us, though we're based in Limerick so it wasn't exactly that much of a journey. :P

The name of your visitor should be on your student portal, so if you wanted you could whip them a quick email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

Im on COOP at the moment and i was assigned a visitor in April i found his name on the student portal and then contacted him myself to organise a visit date and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Our course director called out to us, though we're based in Limerick so it wasn't exactly that much of a journey. :P

The name of your visitor should be on your student portal, so if you wanted you could whip them a quick email.

I was on campus for mine and nobody visited :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

No Mid-Term, Just Oct Bank Holiday Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

If you dont mind me asking, what course are you doing?

I had a visitor come and go, all 3 UL students on my placement have.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I got nobody for mine at all. We were all abroad so I think a few got actual visitors and then most people just got a phone call. I didn't even get a phone call and it was fine. It's not your fault if nobody checks in on you but like someone suggested, you can email the person that's meant to do it to find out what the story is.

If you dont mind me asking, what course are you doing?

I had a visitor come and go, all 3 UL students on my placement have.

Equine

Cheers guys, its not so much getting a visitor but what to put on the cover of the report for me. I just know some people could have done with a visitor, just as a way to contact the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Equine

Cheers guys, its not so much getting a visitor but what to put on the cover of the report for me. I just know some people could have done with a visitor, just as a way to contact the college.

id guess you can say "no visitor contacted me"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

Does anyone know if its possible to look at my old student timetables.

I want ta see my timetable from 2011 anyone know anything about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm 99.9% sure I registered for repeats last week. I don't have any option to register for them now so does that mean I already have registered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Anyone else waiting to hear back about rechecks?

Advertisement