Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

eoins23456 wrote: »
    There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.
    If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem.
    Reference number: f431b4c1-1b85-4c7c-b4e7-50c1b98607e7
    This ****e comes up when I try to access my mail.
    Is there site down ?

Exact same problem. Don't even get the option to log in - just an error message identical to this one. Irony is that ITD FINALLY answered my email today (after a week of waiting for them to reset my email password), so I should have a working log in now - the same day the site stops working. Great. Just great!

Doesn't seem to be. I logged in fine just there.

What link's working for you? Tried to access the webpage on three different devices, on Internet Explorer, Android, Safari and Google Chrome and got an error message every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

What link's working for you? Tried to access the webpage on three different devices, on Internet Explorer, Android, Safari and Google Chrome and got an error message every time.

I'm just using outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie

I'm just using outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie

Damn. Same link as me! Really stumped as to why it'd work for some people and not work for others - not being able to log in was one thing, but not being able to see the same webpage makes no sense... :confused:

Damn. Same link as me! Really stumped as to why it'd work for some people and not work for others - not being able to log in was one thing, but not being able to see the same webpage makes no sense... :confused:

Yeah, it's really strange. I'm using chrome, like you said you tried, so it's really not making sense. I know there were issues with it since it seems to have stopped working for almost everyone on phones, myself included, but there's something seriously wrong when it's not working for some people at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I found the website has just been down for a day or two. I asked my friend from another college that uses Office 365 for student e-mails if it worked for her and it didn't. Throughout the semester, I found that the website goes down for a number of days at a time and it is usually not ITd's fault so hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow... It's a pain in the ass.

Today it didn't work for a long time and then when I tried it on my phone it worked but then it wouldn't work on my kindle or my laptop. Now I get to the sign in screen, put in all my details and then it just refreshes the page and does nothing..

Hope it's not a big problem and is fixed before results! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Mine worked after itd changed my password. It was on my gfs laptop though so hopefully it will work on mine Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Reading these comments makes me realised how lucky I am that I've had no problems with logging into mine, and long may it continue!

I hate this wait :( The last few days before results are always the worst. And I hate how I was in SAA the other day and I knew your one in there had my results right in front of her. Makes the wait even more annoying when you know they have them :(

Edit: just want to note that I wasn't in there asking for results :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

I hate this wait :( The last few days before results are always the worst. And I hate how I was in SAA the other day and I knew your one in there had my results right in front of her. Makes the wait even more annoying when you know they have them :(

Edit: just want to note that I wasn't in there asking for results :P

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure:P

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

STILL no access to my email, they reset my password but sure I cant even get as far as the page to input it, keep getting the same stupid error message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Also hate the wait for the results...this year more than ever, today is going to be a very long day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caitlinc_97

I've just finished my LC and I'm hoping on doing Biology in UL but everyone keeps nagging me about the lack of career prospects and the course isn't very popular! Your opinion would be greatly appreciated :D

Aragneer wrote: »
    Also hate the wait for the results...this year more than ever, today is going to be a very long day...

Today is dragging so much :( And I've noticed they haven't put them up at midnight in ages so I'm not hopeful of that happening this time either. I wish they at least still sent out the letters telling you you've failed a week early like they used to. At least then you'd know! Don't know when they started being this strict about it. Probably the only time they actually do their jobs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've just finished my LC and I'm hoping on doing Biology in UL but everyone keeps nagging me about the lack of career prospects and the course isn't very popular! Your opinion would be greatly appreciated :D

If you've researched the course and it's what you want to do, do it. Worry about job prospects afterwards.

It's better to do a course you love that has a limited range of employment opportunities than to do a course you either hate or are only doing because it'll lead to a job.

Also, just because the course focuses on one area doesn't mean you won't learn stuff that can be applied to a wide variety of areas. I don't know the course you're thinking of at all really, but I know with my own course there's virtually no jobs in Ireland in the specific area of the course, but the stuff we learn means we can basically move into any IT sector we want.

/2cents

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Saying my username or password is wrong.

Anyone else?

Happening on the normal portal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Saying my username or password is wrong.

Anyone else?

Happening on the normal portal too.

They sometimes do a soft rollout of the results. You might not have access yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If you've researched the course and it's what you want to do, do it. Worry about job prospects afterwards.

It's better to do a course you love that has a limited range of employment opportunities than to do a course you either hate or are only doing because it'll lead to a job.

Also, just because the course focuses on one area doesn't mean you won't learn stuff that can be applied to a wide variety of areas. I don't know the course you're thinking of at all really, but I know with my own course there's virtually no jobs in Ireland in the specific area of the course, but the stuff we learn means we can basically move into any IT sector we want.

/2cents

Totally agree. In any case, the career prospects for a particular area could fluctuate in four years, and also you could land a career in that area if you're skilled enough and fortune goes your way.

As I always say, follow your heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Anyone else having problems accessing their student emails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

Meanwhile, at ITD

King-Size_Homer.png

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Anyone else having problems accessing their student emails?

Well, I haven't been able to get in on weekdays now for 2 weeks but I am still able through my phone email service and so is another lad I know. Try that and let me know if it works for you too?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Well, I haven't been able to get in on weekdays now for 2 weeks but I am still able through my phone email service and so is another lad I know. Try that and let me know if it works for you too?

Thanks!

Turns out I'm blocked because of issue with fees! But thanks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Any tips for padding out the Co-op report would be greatly appreciated... trying to get it done nice and early and my lord is it a load of utter bullsh*t...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Lads I'm applying to view one of my scripts because I think the exam was marked wrong.
    On the form for applying (I'm in CES department) they ask for the lecturers name, problem is we had 4 lecturers for the module, should I just write down the name of the module leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Any tips for padding out the Co-op report would be greatly appreciated... trying to get it done nice and early and my lord is it a load of utter bullsh*t...

Do you have to draw maps? I know we have a slightly different one that the rest but for the maps, I've got Sketch Up, and doing to scale stuff. It looks fancy, but it's really just procrastination. Then I'm just gonna explain each part.
    Maybe you can do the same. Have a heap of screen shots and explain each of them. Or type out a bunch of code, and explain what each part does and just write like "look at all the cool stuff I learned cause I'm awesome like that!!" Then fire in a few pictures of the buildings and a bit about each of the people you're working with and what they do. Lots of random, slightly relevant, padding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Ompala wrote: »
    Lads I'm applying to view one of my scripts because I think the exam was marked wrong.
    On the form for applying (I'm in CES department) they ask for the lecturers name, problem is we had 4 lecturers for the module, should I just write down the name of the module leader?

Module leader

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Anyone know when coop reports are Due?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Anyone know when coop reports are Due?

September but anytime before graduating is fine nobody is going to read our rubbish reports. They will see one long enough to constitute an effort and throw it in the pile with the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Hey just wondering something about dropping out. I did first year this year but I'm changing course in September so I won't be coming back. I was talking to someone in the access office about it and try mentioned something about an exit form I think to officially drop out. However I can't find this anywhere on the website even tho she said I could do it online to save having to go the whole way back to limerick. Any ideas as to how to officially drop out?

Advertisement