Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

The only time I've heard of someone not getting the grant because of co-op was because their family wages were very high and the county council believed they had enough money to support them.

I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem! A lot of people got the grant with paid placement as well so fingers crossed it will be fine for you.

I'm having the same problem with my grant. My families wage is only a few euro above what you need to have (or below) to get granted the grant. I am hoping they factor in distance from college, other dependable children and the fact that I am 21 with no job..
    If I don't get the grant, it is going to be tough paying those fees :/

Fingers crossed for everyone. These cutbacks are a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Aragneer wrote: »
    The only time I've heard of someone not getting the grant because of co-op was because their family wages were very high and the county council believed they had enough money to support them.

I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem! A lot of people got the grant with paid placement as well so fingers crossed it will be fine for you.

I'm having the same problem with my grant. My families wage is only a few euro above what you need to have (or below) to get granted the grant. I am hoping they factor in distance from college, other dependable children and the fact that I am 21 with no job..
    If I don't get the grant, it is going to be tough paying those fees :/

Fingers crossed for everyone. These cutbacks are a nightmare.

Well my familys income is way below the treshold but im still worrying now, both my parents are retired due to serious illness/injury so surely they cant take it... being able to pay for my own room this year is already a major financial relief to my family as is!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

People complaining that the Western paid carpark is free and not the Eastern one for the duration of the Special Olympics :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Well my familys income is way below the treshold but im still worrying now, both my parents are retired due to serious illness/injury so surely they cant take it... being able to pay for my own room this year is already a major financial relief to my family as is!

Sorry to hear about the bad things in your family. I don't think you really have anything to worry about since your co-op placement is finished now or by September at least and if the family income is below what they say since the change of situation with your parents, you should have nothing to worry about.

Just apply and I'm sure you can ask the County Council when you go in and tell them your worries. Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be fine :)

Aragneer wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the bad things in your family. I don't think you really have anything to worry about since your co-op placement is finished now or by September at least and if the family income is below what they say since the change of situation with your parents, you should have nothing to worry about.

Just apply and I'm sure you can ask the County Council when you go in and tell them your worries. Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be fine :)

Ah no need to be sorry for everything, life says things and thats that :D

Im sure we'll be fine with the grant anywho'z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You should be grand. I wouldn't worry about it. I've gotten my grant every year, through CoOp and all. Unless you have a big farm or a high income, you should be fine to get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Does anyone here know how wages get taxed in Europe, is it the same as Ireland?
    Just in relation to coop like, filling in grant form and had to throw estimate out...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

Does anyone here know how wages get taxed in Europe, is it the same as Ireland?
    Just in relation to coop like, filling in grant form and had to throw estimate out...

Depends on the country I imagine. I got about 950-990 from 1100 a month in France!

Hey guys, I have a tricky question.

I've received my grant renewal form , asking for details and things

Ive moved for Coop, and im now outside the 50km threshold or whatever (to get the other adjacent payment) which before I was not

They have, on my renewal letter from Limerick County Council have my current address (not in limerick) as my address, but i have to submit my contact details to them

It asks on how many km's i am from UL now, which technically is where im living for coop and is further away, which address should I give?

the extra money would really help... but its a technicality and I dont want to risk not getting my grant via trying to get more money this way

For all intents and purposes ill be moving from this place, into UL without going home, but home is only 25km away.

Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Your still only going to be entitled to the adjacent rate... That would be like someone from Mayo in UL putting down their distance from UL 1km cos they're living in elm park for the year..
    It goes by your original home address not where your living on placement.

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Your still only going to be entitled to the adjacent rate... That would be like someone from Mayo in UL putting down their distance from UL 1km cos they're living in elm park for the year..
    It goes by your original home address not where your living on placement.

Perfect, this is exactly what I was thinking.

However, Im wont ever be returning home, as my parents and I argue a wee bit, so this is my "home address" until i move to UL, and that'll become my home address. but I doubt this makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Probably won't make a difference. You need proof of address when submitting the form if it changes, and anything will be sent there so it'll need to be fairly reliable as an address.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Probably won't make a difference. You need proof of address when submitting the form if it changes, and anything will be sent there so it'll need to be fairly reliable as an address.

Aye, thats the thing. they sent this letter to my apartment where im on coop.

But I think its best to just apply from the family house for ease of reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Perfect, this is exactly what I was thinking.

However, Im wont ever be returning home, as my parents and I argue a wee bit, so this is my "home address" until i move to UL, and that'll become my home address. but I doubt this makes a difference?

I was told that if you are under 23, you have to use your parent(s) address, even if they provide no financial support.

Anyone having trouble accessing their email? I cant log in and it says incorrect password/username... but i havent changed anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

Anyone having trouble accessing their email? I cant log in and it says incorrect password/username... but i havent changed anything..

same as this garv.

im a 4th year so was thinking maybe they killed my email. And what if i need repeat an exam. cant get onto sulis.

maybe its just a general error for all? any ideas folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

same as this garv.

im a 4th year so was thinking maybe they killed my email. And what if i need repeat an exam. cant get onto sulis.

they dont kill emails that quick i still had access to mine last march and im 2 years out of ul

same as this garv.

I cant log onto anything, not even the library test link so cant access results.

4th year too..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I cant log onto anything, not even the library test link so cant access results.

4th year too..

I don't think it's a 4th year thing. I'm in 4th year too and I'm able to access things no problem. Only issue I had was that it won't work on my phone anymore but when I tried logging in on the laptop it was fine.

I can log in... 3rd year here... so its deffo a 4th year thing

• Advertisement

I can log in... 3rd year here... so its deffo a 4th year thing

At the time I posted my last comment on this, I was able to log in to my email and everything. I just tried again and the library link, student email, and sulis are all causing issues now. I'm able to get in to si.ul.ie, so that's something.

I emailed ITD so waiting their response..

it may just be down for results processing stuff?

it may just be down for results processing stuff?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. As far as I'm aware, this happens every semester when they're just testing things out. I don't care that it's down as long as it's sorted by Monday. My post grad place depends on my results :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I emailed ITD so waiting their response..

prepare to be awating for a while and for the response to be extremely unhelpful

freyners wrote: »
    prepare to be awating for a while and for the response to be extremely unhelpful

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Make sure you are using internet explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Jester252 wrote: »
    Make sure you are using internet explorer.

This is the only time anyone should say that. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

LALALLALA THERE IS NO PROBLEM LALALLALALA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im 4th year and having this issue. Cant get into emails but haven't tried anything else

Advertisement