Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FireFly09

The fact that the new student email access to lecture notes has gone down ALREADY and it's only week 2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Spanish is a joke this semester.....we have four classes and they are all with different tutors. So far we have had 6 classes, 4 were introductions, I missed one which I wont have again til next week and apparentely I missed sweet fuk all. And todays one was....well ya we listened to some music and she talked about it for a bit.

Looks like I'll be teaching myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

my phone fell into a pint of wine last night... i feel so lost without it! fml

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

VivGrise wrote: »
    my phone fell into a pint of wine last night... i feel so lost without it! fml

A pint of wine....impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

ya ,a bottle of rose and a bottle of white mix together in a glass.... epic! and if you dont want to remember the night add a can of cider in there... still thought, not good stuff to wash your phone in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Lecturers who stops to ask the class stupid questions when the class has 540 people in it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

NOt knowing whether you are wasting your time or wasting time in relation to preparing for lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Going to a lecture when your sick/hungover/tired because you've been told you can't miss this one only for it to be a load of **** in which you learnt nothing new or remotely beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Wasting time trying to find a book in the library that will probably be useless anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Wasting time trying to find a book in the library that will probably be useless anyway.

Would that be a microeconomics book?

• Advertisement

Risteard wrote: »
    Would that be a microeconomics book?

Yes.

OT but, are you the lad that was asked to go to a different french tutorial on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

your arts too!!have u even got a timetable?! or even time's for tutorials?!

I realise this is a small bit late :pac::pac::pac: but we get our timetables this evening apparently. Be prepared to be confused though - or so I'm told. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The hedge near the SU place is full of wasps

Wow, I hate wasps with a fiery passion. Back in primary school, some genius threw a rock at one on the path home. Angry wasps = Pain. It probably wouldn't hurt as much these days, since I'm now pure steel :p.

On a different note, trying to find free parking on campus is infuriating.

Yes.

OT but, are you the lad that was asked to go to a different french tutorial on Monday?

I've also looked for those books. Found plenty of Macroeconomics but no Micro.

And yes, my bitch about it is previously posted. Now instead of having a pretty fair alright day on Monday I have to hang around 4 hours on Wednesday.

It's weird because of my Username, but there actually is a guy in our class that goes by the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They are after making a complete and utter balls of my timetable. waiting all night for them and when they go up no labs or tutorial groups on them

God can they not do these things properly

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

They are after making a complete and utter balls of my timetable. waiting all night for them and when they go up no labs or tutorial groups on them

God can they not do these things properly

For journalism? Yeah, it's sickening me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

I'm fit to kill someone for giving me horrific times on Friday. On till 6 o clock :mad::mad::mad: Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

The anti-bitch: Finally in 3rd year the timetable gods have shown mercy. Only 12hrs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Only 3 hours on a friday:D And it's lectures at that. 3 9am starts and 2 10 am starts with one 6pm finish so maybe that makes up for it!

I'm fit to kill someone for giving me horrific times on Friday. On till 6 o clock :mad::mad::mad: Raging.

Check with your lecturer about those Friday tutorials. I know the sociology dept aren't planning on any tutorials after the 2pm one on Friday.

• Advertisement

For journalism? Yeah, it's sickening me too!

seems to be working now.

Ive got 9-6 on Thursday with an hour long break

But it'll make the Thursday night pints all the sweeter ;)

I'm the same. :(

What is involved in labs generally? One lecturer said you would have your own personal time at a computer, is that what he meant?

Tuesday is officially the biggest **** of a day ever. I'm in lectures/tuts/labs from 9 straight to 6 with an hour break from 11-12

one lecture on wednesday
    one tutorial on Friday
    Thursday is full
    Monday has like a three hour break, as does tuesday

Monday 10-12 16-18
    Tuesday 9-11 15-17
    Wednesday 11-12
    Thursday 9-12 13-18
    Friday 10-11

Should have done Business or a humanities course people :p

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

The more I look at my humanities course the more I dislike it :mad:
    Like I said somewhere else one hour on Friday but all the other days are mank.
    Could be on straight from 9 - 3 and have to come back from 4 -6. PAH¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

3 9am starts (with the other 2 being 10am starts) and a 4o'clock finish on a Friday means I am not a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

This is a university, what did ye expect? The timetabling system to revolve around each and every one of you? Why the big beef with Friday afternoon? And generally 1 hour breaks are welcomed to allow for food, pool, gym etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

aaaargh, the timetable is driving me nutty, I got an email from SULIS saying they were up, I log in and it's showing me half the timetable I knew already and saying "no records returned" for wed and fri even though I deffo have classes on those days. No Labs and no tutorials showing for any day.

It took me 9 days to get my email sorted I've a feeling my timetable is gonna turn into another saga :(

Advertisement