Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

is anybody here in hpss??
    First year HPSSer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Whats this about sociology essays? I've heard nothing??? :confused:
    What do we have to do for the tutorial this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Your tutorial assignment for this week is on SULIS. It is about citation.

SO4001 SEM1 > Resources > Tutorial assignments.

Don't ask me about the tutorial assignment for week five as it looks rather nasty and way over my head.

Your first sociology essay is due on October 28. The details of which are also availible on SULIS under Resources > Mid Term Paper.

snazzy wrote: »
    Keeping track of work is confusing :confused:

And I'm skipping the AL lecture today. No way am I wasting my time. I'll got to the labs but that's it.

I would concur with this. Some modules put their stuff on SULIS, others put them on servers only accessible on campus. If only they would all put their stuff in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ignorant joggers thinking they own the ****ing bowl. :mad:

About 50 of them just walked across our training tonight, ignoring our pleas to go around.

Lazy pr1cks. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Ignorant joggers thinking they own the ****ing bowl. :mad:

About 50 of them just walked across our training tonight, ignoring our pleas to go around.

Lazy pr1cks. :mad:

Are you part of the athletics club?

Are you part of the athletics club?

No Frisbee.

We were about to start a play and they all just walk across! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

my politics tutor is an asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Who is your tutor?
    No no not allow name and shame.
    Time of tutorial?

Cos' I'm not too fond of mine at the moment either. Massive headache. He dived right in! Totally lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

What is it with these stupid tutorials where we do nothing but stupid "projects" rather than actually learn anything?! The reason we go to tutorials is to get extra help with the heavy theory from the lectures :mad:

It really is a waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I have it on a wednesday at 2....I have no idea what hes talkin about ever!!

ACADEMIC LITERACY SUFFERERS

So had a class meeting today with our course director who is as sound as a pound and our class rep was saying that she has had a load of complaints about it as have loads of other class reps over the Humanities Faculty and that they are all getting together to discuss the module.

Course director said that the reason we have to do it is because
    A/ New law yoke came in across Europe that changed the system from 24 credits to 30 across the board to make things fairer which results in 5 modules.
    and B/ They wanted to help students with academic writing because from Semester 2, all we will be accessed upon is our writing and written assignments and the standard of essays in recent years have been particularly crap so they wanted to help us

But we kicked up a huge fuss saying in that case, make the module more relevant and practical as opposed to treating us like Junior Certs and telling us how to study.
    So think people are going to the Education Officer to have an ole discussion and try to improve the module because we'll have to do it next semester too!

So there ye go. :rolleyes:

Sulis is just F*cking fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Haha oh dear! Hope it doesn't go pare shaped like that for me later on tonight!

lol :D

SULIS = epic fail

Am tearing what little hair I have left out because of that ****ing sulis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

:mad: Fees Office :mad:

Ffs, only open from 11:30 - 12:30 and then 2:30 - 4:30.
    Whats up with that?
    Approx 10,000 students on campus, and the fees office opens for 3 hours a day!!
    Thats a fecking disgrace :mad:

Anyone else bored and in the library now? :D

Anyone else bored and in the library now? :D

Oh yes! Trying to study for a HR mid-term, and I'm seriously struggling to stay awake

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Right. That's it. I am finished with the HR tutorials. They are a complete waste of time :mad:

• Advertisement

The whole printer network is a convoluted pile of poo.

Was in the Library on Wednesday and hit the print button. You'll never guess where my work was printed.

On a printer in the Shuman Building! I mean, how the christ did that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

The whole printer network is a convoluted pile of poo.

Was in the Library on Wednesday and hit the print button. You'll never guess where my work was printed.

On a printer in the Shuman Building! I mean, how the christ did that happen.

I didn't know that was even possible o.O

Whatever about SULIS not working, but everytime I open my outlook there's a new bloody resource!!

Also, pre-reg - they're breathing down our necks to get it done, but they'd want to make sure it works wouldn't they!! I tried to PR on Monday - wouldn't let me confirm my choices, which are perfectly valid, I would think seeing as they were the same choices I have for this semester!! E-mailed SAA for help, good luck getting a reply. Tried to get on to PR today - the link has completely dissappeared from my portal! 0_X If I get in trouble for this I may kill someone....

For pre ref, where should the link be on your home page?

There is a big box talking about it but nowhere to go do it?! :eek:

And no-one told us about it. Learnt about it from those journals!

What the **** is up with the UL Portal?

It never lets me in! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Killing time between classes, in the dull library beacuse my friends went home :mad:

Killing time between classes, in the dull library beacuse my friends went home :mad:

You're not the only one...

I hate getting up for a 9am tutorial only for it to be the most pointless thing you have ever endured! Oh good lord!

Seriously like at Masters level you'd assume that they would have a structure and a tutor who answered with more something more exact than "I suppose" and "Ammmm" or "Maybe" .. FFS

Can someone tell me what political acedemics talked about before Karl Marx came along?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

While I realise they provide a passable service I am getting sick of the spam!!

4 emails about pre-registering for the damn careers fair!!!

Great, I get it, I won't have to queue!! I'll be put into a draw for an IPOD I already have - Savage!!!

Truth is, I would have done it earlier but I can't print anything because once again I've used all the credit on my print account!! So how can I print off my slip that lets me skip this massive queue ( that consisted of about 2 people the last time - I waited for a grand total fo 5 seconds)

What a load of bollix!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Can someone tell me what political acedemics talked about before Karl Marx came along?

Marcus Tullius Cicero :rolleyes:

Advertisement