Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Filty fecker let the desk full of biscuits and crisps in the Post Grad PC lab :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

cambridge wrote: »
    i'll offer 20/1 that my QCA is higher than everyone else's on this forum

Lets see a scanned and stamped official copy of your transcript, so. Just go into SAA, ask them for it and for it to be emailed to you and we can sort this out. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

you'll have to do the same and show me the money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

cambridge wrote: »
    you'll have to do the same and show me the money

You do know that he never mention the amount of money he was betting

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicodemus93

Cannot wait to go back in september. Going to be some first week. Glorified rag week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Cannot wait to go back in september. Going to be some first week. Glorified rag week
    might as well make the whole of september a glorified rag week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I guess it'll be next month before the timetables go up? Anyone know fo' sho'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

mud wrote: »
    I guess it'll be next month before the timetables go up? Anyone know fo' sho'?

I'd say the last week of Augusy, the week before if we're lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Went to the pool today. got caught in a water fight in the sauna :mad: feckin' Italian eejits horsing around the place and talking about me. (I may not speak Italian but I can understand enough to know what was going on.)

Also water is more expensive than Coke in the machines :( usually bring my own but decided to swim on a whim (poet AND I know it :P) and had to spend 2 quid on ghastly River Rock.

Really wish the staff in there would patrol the sauna/steam-room more often.

Lately my friend and I had to report a couple practically ridin' in the steam-room. Rotten.

Went for a run last night and had to run out on the road to pass out all the Italians. One of them decided to race me 50 yards. He was like a young version of Capello :D They were all screaming crazy for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

mud wrote: »

Lately my friend and I had to report a couple practically ridin' in the steam-room. Rotten.

Could you not have just kept quiet and watched or left? :mad::mad: Now I'm barred from the arena :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

garv123 wrote: »
    Could you not have just kept quiet and watched or left? :mad::mad: Now I'm barred from the arena :mad::mad::mad:

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

YFlyer wrote: »
    Filty fecker let the desk full of biscuits and crisps in the Post Grad PC lab :mad:

She did the same today. Going to report her if she doesn't clear up her filth when she comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

She did the same today. Going to report her if she doesn't clear up her filth when she comes back.
    Just go up and ask her if she could clean up after herself.

Cydoniac wrote: »

But do it in such an asshole way

Cydoniac wrote: »

I noticed the mess just when she left the room, so opportunity missed. That was wan that got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Anyone know what time the main building and/or the library open tomorrow?

I need to get to a PC room to print off some stuff for 9am :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the main building and/or the library open tomorrow?

I need to get to a PC room to print off some stuff for 9am :o

Main building is 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Main building is 24/7

Except when the security guard f*cks you out of it after the library closes during exam week...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Except when the security guard f*cks you out of it after the library closes during exam week...

I'm willing to wager there's a lot more to this anecdote.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Main building is 24/7
    The Venus and fish bowl are closed though. and were closed at 9:15am when i got there. the Venus is closed for the summer actually.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm willing to wager there's a lot more to this anecdote.....

Cramming in the raisins, decided to go outside for a cigarette, went to go down by the stairs at the Jonathan swift end, security guard comes down after us says apparently we're not allowed to use that door after a certain time, starts on a rant about "f**king students running around at night setting off all the alarms not using the right f**king doors" and all this...then follows us around to the ski slopes where he sees us out, telling us the building is now closed and we're not allowed back in...

Well after 9 pm the ski slopes are the only way in/out in theory. It just sound like you caught him on a bad day.

^^^ this.

Every night I've ever been in there late, the fire alarm in the stairwell just outside Raisins has always been going off. Can imagine it gets rather frustrating having to reset it constantly over the course of a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    ^^^ this.

Every night I've ever been in there late, the fire alarm in the stairwell just outside Raisins has always been going off. Can imagine it gets rather frustrating having to reset it constantly over the course of a night.

During study week I was in the RR fairly late finishing off an assignment and when i arrived in the door opposite spar below the RR the alarm was going off. I wondered what it was at first and started working away with headphones in. about 2 and a half hours later I decided to head home.. As I headed out the RR door the alarm was still going and the security guard was coming the other way and followed me down the stairs. I walked out the door which wasn't locked and then he started shouting at me accusing me of unlocking it and opening it and setting off the alarm.
    I told him he followed me about 5 steps behind me and was he deaf that he couldnt hear the alarm going off coming down the stairs...

He went on a rant about cheeky students as I walked off. They should put up signs saying the doors cannot be used after a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Or they could leave a door open :confused::confused::confused::confused:

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Or they could leave a door open :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Red Tape issues

Dear Student,

I hope that have you settled into your Cooperative Education placement and that you are enjoying your placement experience so far. As you are probably aware, a formal element of your Coop is an academic visit, which will be an onsite visit or a telephone call.

By July 30th you’ll find the name of your assigned academic visitor by logging in to the Student Portal in the ‘View Your Placement Details Section’.

Is my calendar wrong or...? :mad:

Dear Student,

I hope that have you settled into your Cooperative Education placement and that you are enjoying your placement experience so far. As you are probably aware, a formal element of your Coop is an academic visit, which will be an onsite visit or a telephone call.

By July 30th you’ll find the name of your assigned academic visitor by logging in to the Student Portal in the ‘View Your Placement Details Section’.

Is my calendar wrong or...? :mad:
    Good for you to get coop

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    Good for you to get coop

Co-op office didn't offer you anything ?

Advertisement