Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soild fuel stove advise

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

novaboy80 wrote: »
    I'm not allowed to post pictures here of the stove as i'm a new user.

There is no "Official" name for the stove, as far as i'm aware.

An 8kw non boiler stove that "looks" remarkably similar to the Stanley Tara's.

There on DoneDeal, a man in Clare sells them.

It looks like a secondry air supply usuall designed to be ducted directly to outside

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭novaboy80

Robbie.G wrote: »
    To post pics you can upload pics to photo bucket Dropbox or the likes and post link to them

Wont let me post links either unfortunately.

Robbie.G wrote: »
    It looks like a secondry air supply usuall designed to be ducted directly to outside

I see, maybe that's why whether it's on or off it doesn't seem to make any difference to the stoves performance. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pm750

Make sure and burn the right fuel.if not it won't be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

novaboy80 wrote: »
    I'm not allowed to post pictures here of the stove as i'm a new user.

There is no "Official" name for the stove, as far as i'm aware.

An 8kw non boiler stove that "looks" remarkably similar to the Stanley Tara's.

There on DoneDeal, a man in Clare sells them.

The third control is often / usually used for tertiary air.

The effect is most noticeable when burning good quality wood fuel as it allows air enter the stove above the burning fuel causing a secondary burn of the flue gasses.

The visual effect can be as dramatic as looking like the burner on a gas cooker above the burning logs.

The purpose is to get the most value from your fuel as possible while reducing reducing harmful emissions / products of combustion.

• Advertisement

I have been looking online into a way of more effectively distributing the heat from the stove around our bungalow, I hear stove fans are not all their cracked up to be? That a more affective way of circulating warm air from the stove around the house would actually be had by using one or multiple ordinaryordinary fans in different rooms aimed towards the doors as in doing this you are affectively aiding the natural process of air circulation, cold air (from cold rooms)
    seeks hot air (room with stove) and eventually the rooms will heat up because of this process, any views on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

De_man wrote: »
    good point, i thought about that, but a fire back can be installed in about
    an hour (once you cut it in half - across) without removing the fireplace.

personally, i prefer an open fire but you can't argue the efficiency of a stove
    as you know these things give off an unmerciful amount of heat

I've been told I need to remove the cement insert to fit my freestanding stove. There's too many bends to get it to sit directly under the existing chimney hole. Was also told flexi flu is too flimsy, will burn out too quick and need replaced often. Told to remove cement insert and fit fixed 90 degree elbow. How did u manage it whilst leaving the cement in place? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

User16 wrote: »
    I've been told I need to remove the cement insert to fit my freestanding stove. There's too many bends to get it to sit directly under the existing chimney hole. Was also told flexi flu is too flimsy, will burn out too quick and need replaced often. Told to remove cement insert and fit fixed 90 degree elbow. How did u manage it whilst leaving the cement in place? Tia

Flexi flu burn out? I got the expensive higher rated titanium lined kind and bent it 90° from it's exit from the chimney and connected it directly to the back of my Jotul stove. 15 years later and no burn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

cnocbui wrote: »
    Flexi flu burn out? I got the expensive higher rated titanium lined kind and bent it 90° from it's exit from the chimney and connected it directly to the back of my Jotul stove. 15 years later and no burn out.

Thanks. I reckon I'll just get an increaser from 4" (my stove) to 5" to make finding parts easier. Then a thingy to go from that to the flexi flue I bought and I'm sorted. Got 5" flexi flue. But i still need the attachment to attach the back of my stove to the flexi flue.

Also, fire brick, can't find it anywhere but online.

Advertisement