Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nights out.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I move for no man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Terry wrote: »
    I move for no man.

What if they could help you locate your screwdriver?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's grand. I opened it with a pliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It usually not the big ones that are dangerous, it's their small yappy-type friends that wants a fight and then the big guys has to bail them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. I'm a mechanic and I bring a screwdriver everywhere with me. If I'm out walking and see a crowd of scum coming towards me, I'd always go into alert mode. If I ever got jumped on and felt that I was going to be making the headlines the next day as the latest victim of this behaviour, I'd put that screwdriver into the side of someone's head.

I know this is completely unacceptable in the view of most people, but think about it, I'm a respectable 30 something Dublin bloke, if I get jumped on by some scumbag out of his head on coke, what can I do to survive??? This guys on coke so he already has an advantage over me, his mates might be involved, if I end up in a situation where I could have some scumbag jumping up and down on my head for a laugh, it's not open to me to call the Gardai, I'm pot committed to that situation and I can't rely on anyone else to get me out of it???

There are 2 main problems with that as I see it.

Firstly, you could get done for carrying a concealed weapon as mentioned above. This is a risk you take and lets face it, it's not too likely to happen.

The second issue is that you are introducing a weapon to a situation that may not have one already. Suppose the chap you have to use it on knows what he's doin. Let's face it, if he's attacking you and on coke, he's probably been in his fair share of dirty fights. It could potentially be the thing that kills you instead of saving you.

Dublin, like most other cities can be safer if you are smart about things. And if you do get attacked, you are better trying for an unarmed take down as it will look better when Gardaí eventually show up and there is less likelyhood of your self defence weapon being used against you. Then again, this is a trade off you have to make based on how comfortable you are with using it as a weapon. I mean comfortable with you ability to use it correctly, there is no moral issue as far as I can see to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement