Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nights out.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Not even Vikings?

Not even Zombie Vikings!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Dinter wrote: »
    You made a mistake in marking yourself out that no amount of crazed screw driver wielding would have gotten you out of.

Yeah, helping others is sooo last year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

there are scumbags everywhere and you need to be on your guard at all times especially if you come across groups of guys on your own. funny athlone is only making headlines now when attacks on fellas has been going on for years there, when i was in AIT in 2002 my mate got set upon by a gang of kids with baseball bats and ended up in hospital (he says he walked past them and the last thing he remembers is being hit really hard on the back of the head with a bat)

my cousin was badly beaten in manchester when he didn't answer a question a group of guys asked him

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I can't walk home in the evening for the bodies of people killed by scumbags every day on the footpath. It really is that bad.

I don't know where you live, a cloud in cuckoo land perhaps?

So thats what it will take, you literally tripping over a dead victim outside your doorstep daily before you realise, '"Hey, this kind of stuff actually happens?"

I can't walk home in the evening for the bodies of people killed by scumbags every day on the footpath. It really is that bad.

I don't know where you live, a cloud in cuckoo land perhaps?

Cop on! I didn't mean on every bloody street. And where do you live anyway? It's worse here in Dublin than elsewhere in the country (rivalled by Limerick). The shame is that on a weekend you can be sure that a few people have had the shyte knocked out of them for others amusement.

And the rents are too high in Cuckoo Land.
    No need for this.

Yes there was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Wagon wrote: »
    Yeah, helping others is sooo last year :rolleyes:

Er no!

The point is if you do involve yourself in a row you don't walk off whistling cheerily to yourself. You should be better able to forsee the consequences of your actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

And where do you live anyway? It's worse here in Dublin than elsewhere in the country (rivalled by Limerick).

I grew up in Limerick, work on Thomas street, go out in Dublin all the time and walk home north side most nights - never any trouble, never needed to carry a weapon (barring the drumstick from a snack box). I'm well aware that this stuff happens. But the hand wringing, hysteria on here that seems to indicate people are getting killed or maimed every day is fantasy.

Er no!

The point is if you do involve yourself in a row you don't walk off whistling cheerily to yourself. You should be better able to forsee the consequences of your actions.

That's true, but still I'd happily take the price of a broken nose say, if it stopped a mate from getting hurt.

I grew up in Limerick, work on Thomas street, go out in Dublin all the time and walk home north side most nights - never any trouble, never needed to carry a weapon (barring the drumstick from a snack box). I'm well aware that this stuff happens. But the hand wringing, hysteria on here that seems to indicate people are getting killed or maimed every day is fantasy.

Aw cool you like snack boxes!:D
    Shall we agree to disagree so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

rossie1977 wrote: »
    there are scumbags everywhere and you need to be on your guard at all times especially if you come across groups of guys on your own. funny athlone is only making headlines now when attacks on fellas has been going on for years there, when i was in AIT in 2002 my mate got set upon by a gang of kids with baseball bats and ended up in hospital (he says he walked past them and the last thing he remembers is being hit really hard on the back of the head with a bat)

my cousin was badly beaten in manchester when he didn't answer a question a group of guys asked him

Another hotspot for this kind of thing is Maynooth. When I was studying out there, every week without fail someone student got the boll*x knocked out him by a gang of local scum. We were told that there was a kind of hostility towards students from local scum, maybe it's where ever you have decent people getting an education, it's in a way holding up a mirror to the local scum? The reflection doesn't look to good, so better make sh*te of the mirror so...???

• Advertisement

That's true, but still I'd happily take the price of a broken nose say, if it stopped a mate from getting hurt.

I bet you wouldn't break up a fight involving a mate and then just stroll off thinking everything was fine without first attempting to see if someone's gonna come after you.

If you got a broken nose it would be in a fight while trying to do the same to someone else to stop them attacking your friends. That's what mates are for.

Aw cool you like snack boxes!:D
    Shall we agree to disagree so?

We'll agree that one or both of us is disagreeable. ;-)

Damn internet, some day I'll win an argument and everybody will bask in my correctiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well the lad in the story was a millionaire banker in his forties so I would think his days of street fighting were behind him for a few years too.

Still ended up dead.

My 'days' of it are only in their prime, that's why nothing is said to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

The law with all the "human rights" **** is the real problem....ffs this bunch of scumbags go around beating up people like perfect cowards and don't get jailed unless they actually kill someone, and when they do they are out after 3-5 years. What a bunch of crap ffs, I would bring back a good old Mussolini-like regime and clean of the street from these scumbags....as far as I am concerned they could be executed on the spot, just to make sure honest tax payers don't have to maintain them while in jail.
    And the most ridiculous thing is that if you actually try to defend yourself and send one of them in hospital you probably end up in trouble with the law yourself and have your picture on the first page of some random newspaper and get labelled as a criminal.

If somebody robs a bank and kill someone (not that I justify this!) at least does it with a scope; if you kill someone in war at least you have a reason (sad anyway though), etc etc....but what I hate the most is that these ****heads go around ruining people life just because are ****ing losers and have nothing better to do with theirs!

Ok sorry for the bad language, it seem that every time I post on a scumbags-related thread I get a ban, but I just can't keep calm.

After my own experience, I wouldn't get involved in any situation again, either as an honest broker or to break up a fight. I don't think its fair that people get slated for not intervening, most of the time when you do, you are the one that ends up in a morgue or in a hospital.

There was a good idea being thrown around a while ago, if you are caught on CCTV camera with your foot on someone's head, you do prison time, no ifs or buts about it... There's a simple solution to the problem, put it into law, no judges discretion in the matter whatsoever, if you assault someone and your foot comes into contact with that persons head and it's caught on CCTV and beyond dispute, 6 months in the joy, good look to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Another hotspot for this kind of thing is Maynooth. When I was studying out there, every week without fail someone student got the boll*x knocked out him by a gang of local scum. We were told that there was a kind of hostility towards students from local scum, maybe it's where ever you have decent people getting an education, it's in a way holding up a mirror to the local scum? The reflection doesn't look to good, so better make sh*te of the mirror so...???

students make easy targets, the area i lived in galway was quiet but to get to the nearest dunnes you had to walk past a couple of scumbag estates, my housemate said he had a lucky escape one night while coming home on his bike; i remember hearing about a few people on their own getting attacked while coming home from a night out near the statoil and the quincentenary bridge area of newcastle in galway, walked home that road many a night myself and never seen anyone, so its really pot luck

If this wasn't true you wouldn't have so many people killed my gangs of scumbags every day

Yeah....right. Stats/links/proof? How many, would you say, totally unprovoked murders are there in the country per year, never mind per day?
    Maybe if a close family member of yours suffered the fate of being murdered on their way home from the pub, you'd think differently.

Maybe if your father / son / brother was splashed all over the tabloids and was sent down for 15-20 yrs for slashing somebody with a stanley blade or sticking a phillips-head screwdriver into some piebalds eye-socket, you'd think differently.
    retard

:p
    Not taking the piss at all. Every single pub you go into on a Saturday night, there are people doing coke, maybe your one of them and that's why you can't understand the gravity of the problem.

Firstly, no not every pub. Secondly, There are not marauding gangs of people coked up to the eyebrows doling out beatings randomly on the streets. There just aren't. Thirdly, as i already said, The thought that coke would somehow make someone more determined or stronger or deranged enough to just kick someone to death for no reason is laughable.

You could argue that it would make them braver, more confident etc. but the same argument could be made for just about any other drug, especially gargle, so why bring the Sunday-World-wont-you-please-think-of-the-children-style jingoism into it?
    This one does and if I ever got jumped on again, I'd put one cu*t into the morgue and take my chances with the law...

Well then, by definition, you are not respectable IMO.

Look........I'm not saying there aren't people who get bashed for no reason. There will always be a scumbag-element in all walks of life. My point is that people living in fear, or resorting to carrying weapons and/or vigilante-ism are the real
    retards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

yes i get this prangs of fear....it has lead to be beating the sh*t out of several groups of young lads just hanging around...my therapist says im doing well with my anger issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Some people may call this dangerous, But i don't have lights on my bike, As it attracts unwanted attention from scangers who will attempt to rob your bike, Its like being a stealth bomber! People argue that you could get a bang of a car, If your careful you should be grand.

I also pull up the hoody when going through dodgy areas, If someone has their hoody up and you cant see their face, You immediately think 'Danger' stay out of that fellas path! People start pushing the locks down on their cars as you past them at lights, Its gas! It has the same effect on scangers, They don't know who you are...so they wont bother ya. Then again Gardai are more likely question you and give you hassle...just take down the hoody straight away as a sign of respect to them.

The best way of getting out of trouble on the mean streets of Dublin is by Negotiation or walking away.

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    The best way of getting out of trouble on the mean streets of Dublin is by Negotiation

Skanger: I'm going to fcuking kill ya
    Victim: Kill me, no, no, no, how about a bit of light horse play
    Skanger: I'll bate the bollix off yeah
    Victim: OK I see your position, I could go as far as a wedgie and Chinese burn
    Skanger: I'll be dug out of ya
    Victim: OK, my final offer, you can rough me up and a clip around the ear. Take it or leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Skanger: I'm going to fcuking kill ya
    Victim: Kill me, no, no, no, how about a bit of light horse play
    Skanger: I'll bate the bollix off yeah
    Victim: OK I see your position, I could go as far as a wedgie and Chinese burn
    Skanger: I'll be dug out of ya
    Victim: OK, my final offer, you can rough me up and a clip around the ear. Take it or leave it.

Speak their language, Offer them a smoke, refer to other scangers that live in their area, use Jedi mind tricks...

Or

Just dragon kick them to the head! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

This post made me laugh quite a lot, especially the bit in bold. You must be some sort or retard. You have to be, there's no other explaination.

I seriously suggest you re read the charter, partaining to personal abuse, If you think your in the right to post comments like this, think again.

Yeah....right. Stats/links/proof? How many, would you say, totally unprovoked murders are there in the country per year, never mind per day?

Maybe if your father / son / brother was splashed all over the tabloids and was sent down for 15-20 yrs for slashing somebody with a stanley blade or sticking a phillips-head screwdriver into some piebalds eye-socket, you'd think differently.

:p

Firstly, no not every pub. Secondly, There are not marauding gangs of people coked up to the eyebrows doling out beatings randomly on the streets. There just aren't. Thirdly, as i already said, The thought that coke would somehow make someone more determined or stronger or deranged enough to just kick someone to death for no reason is laughable.

You could argue that it would make them braver, more confident etc. but the same argument could be made for just about any other drug, especially gargle, so why bring the Sunday-World-wont-you-please-think-of-the-children-style jingoism into it?

Well then, by definition, you are not respectable IMO.

Look........I'm not saying there aren't people who get bashed for no reason. There will always be a scumbag-element in all walks of life. My point is that people living in fear, or resorting to carrying weapons and/or vigilante-ism are the real

The only retarded person on here is the person who doesn't know how to quote different people in the same post without mixing them all up...

The only retarded person on here is the person who doesn't know how to quote different people in the same post without mixing them all up...

Calm down, calm down. Move your hand slowly away from the screw driver and breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Not everyone is out to get you!

Exept the monsters in your head :eek:

:o *holds up hands*

Apologies, i didn't realise hitting the multi-quote button in a particular order meant the posts came up in that order, so when i copy + pasted the
    of your post I should have done so to wagon's.

Post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

i gotta wonder about some people... straight after i warn someone, you go off and do the same thing:rolleyes:

:o *holds up hands*

Apologies, i didn't realise hitting the multi-quote button in a particular order meant the posts came up in that order, so when i copy + pasted the
    of your post I should have done so to wagon's.

Post edited.

Haha, you wouldn't be looking so dumb now if you weren't calling other people retarded!!!

:D:D:D

i gotta wonder about some people... straight after i warn someone, you go off and do the same thing:rolleyes:

C'mon, I was just pointing out the obvious!

• Advertisement

I seriously suggest you re read the charter, partaining to personal abuse, If you think your in the right to post comments like this, think again.

I know the stand on personal abuse. In my defence, I'm a bit of a bollocks.

Advertisement