Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hey Jambo. This is the easiest site for uploading your photos - http://www.wthax.org/ Set up by someone on boards.

I'm also a drop out - Or decided to take a gap year a couple of months into college :p Out of interest what were you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Hey everyone. Also a lurker who's finally decided to pluck up the courage to post, not that ye're scary or anything :p

Have wanted to get my first tattoo for the last 5 or 6 years but I'm about as creative as a spud so I've never managed to come up with anything definitive. Currently only have a couple of piercings, navel, tongue and tragus but I'm sure I'll add to that soon. I'm thinking of taking the plunge to go for a rib piece first (I figure I won't know the difference with the pain!) and long term I'd love to get a half sleeve done, upper back, thigh... :D very ambitious for someone who hasn't even got one yet.

I'm pretty sure I want Paul O'Rourke in Allstar Ink in Limerick to do the first. I've been following their Facebook page since they opened and I like his black and shading work and detail. Once the college exams are finished in a few weeks I might pop in with a few ideas and see how we go.

So any tips or whatever, fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sounds like you're well on the way with finding an artist that you like and not worrying about the pain.

With what to get it can be tricky if you're not creative (like me :pac:). Deviant art and the likes are great for finding images, so take some time and have a look through. I know that some artists will prefer if you give them a basic idea of what you want and they can do more of their own work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Hi Guys! :D

Im the Queen! My Friends call me Queeny. Im 26 and have 4 tattoos , I just put up a picture in the 'Show us yours' thread. Id love more but its a case of what , where and having spare €€€!

I also have a few piercings , my Lip and eyebrow also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Orim wrote: »
    Sounds like you're well on the way with finding an artist that you like and not worrying about the pain.

With what to get it can be tricky if you're not creative (like me :pac:). Deviant art and the likes are great for finding images, so take some time and have a look through. I know that some artists will prefer if you give them a basic idea of what you want and they can do more of their own work on it.

Thank you! I've been trying to remember the name of that site for ages and couldn't think of it. I'm gonna jot down some ideas and words and do a bit of searching so, see if I can come up with even a base idea as you say. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jambosambo

http://simba.jpg

There's simba anyway... I cant use that image uploader to save my life... Loser i no.

I was doing business. What about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jambosambo

lucy_1.jpg

There's lucy :)

I'll add the other 2 up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aeternitas

Hey I'm Darren. Long time lurker.

I posted my only tattoos in the ''I'll show you mine thread'' so I won't post it again. Nice to meet you all.

jambosambo wrote: »
    I was doing business. What about yourself?

Biomed. Nice Simba :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Hey hey :o

Long time lurker, posted my tats in the pic thread a good few months ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 KSeraSera

Hello everyone, Im new here but ive been creepin quite a while. Decided to become social and stop lurking in the background! :p

Ive a few tattoos, one all up the side of my stomach (tribal with cherry blossoms), one from the top of my spine to the bottom of my back (Roman numberals) one each on the outside of my lower arms (text) and the new random addition a red outlined love heart. Have 2 piercings aswell.

Funds are limiting work on my sleeve but im sure my plan to raid a bank will come together shortly :D

Anyways, hi again and ill get pics up in the other thread :)

Forgot I had a dragon on my back aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

OMG look at that phome, it looks like a racing car!!!

I may be slightly sarcastic with the above line.

I sleep in a big phone with my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I sleep in a big phone with my wife.

I lol'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaulEllis

Just like to say hello to everyone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Howya lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Hi my name is binx, I posted last week but thought I shpuld introduce myself properly. my other half posts regular so I am kinda used to the forum. Hope to have time to post more on here in the future. I will put up a pic of my tat in the pics thread. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

binxeo wrote: »
    my other half
    I'm sorry for your troubles...

:pac:

I'm sorry for your troubles...

:pac:

OI!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Hello guys and gals. I have been a member of the forum for some time, but thought I should introduce myself. My Name is Brian McQueen, and I run a small but successful tattoo studio in Northern Ireland called TimePiece Tattoo. I got my first tattoo from Skull in Belfast City centre, around 1987, I had just seen the movie An officer and a gentleman, Richard Gere played the lead role and he had an old school eagle tattoo on his upper arm, so I walked into Skulls Studio and asked for the exact same tattoo... funny part is, the guy in front of me was a huge American guy, he was built like a tank, but as soon as the needle touched him he fainted and slid off the seat...Skull pushed him aside and called me up for my tattoo... I walked through Belfast city centre that day in the sunshine with my sleeve rolled up and felt like the toughest guy in the world.

Sad part is, 10 years later, while travelling through New Zealand I decided to get it covered by tribal, which was my biggest tattoo regret. I have started to have it removed by laser now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Welcome. Nice to have another artist on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Thanks Orim, but unfortunately I am not an artist, my wife is the artistic one... I used to pierce in a studio in Australia, and have been around the world of tattoos for years. I am the studio dogsbody... I look after the clients, consultations, paperwork, health and safety etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just saying hi as I think I'm gonna be posting in here more often....

Just saying hi as I think I'm gonna be posting in here more often....

Make sure ya do, great bunch in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Make sure ya do, great bunch in here.

Except for that Please Kill Me fella, he's a pain in the bollocks! :p

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Except for that Please Kill Me fella, he's a pain in the bollocks! :p

Ah here! What'd I do?? :( :P Wench! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Hi all.... Having spent the last few years advising my two daughters against tattoos, I may surprise them shortly with one of my own! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Parenting rule #1: Do as I say, not as I do! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Parenting rule #1: Do as I say, not as I do! :D

Exactly right :D My eldest will be fine with it but the youngest will be all full of "Dad is having a mid life crisis again" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Hi everyone :)

Feels pretty awkward jumping into a new forum but shur fuck it :D

I have 3 tattoos so far, got addicted when I got my first one, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! :D :pac:

Advertisement