Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Welcome :)

Well your taking the right first step and not just getting any old tattoo on yourself and making sure you get something you really like and want instead;). As for the pain dont worry youll be grand its really not that bad im sure you can handle it.

That's the thing, I want a full ribcage tattoo but I have no bodyfat there whatsover and from reading here I know it's one of the worst places to get one and my pain treshold is rather low :( Still gathering the courage so to speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    That's the thing, I want a full ribcage tattoo but I have no bodyfat there whatsover and from reading here I know it's one of the worst places to get one and my pain treshold is rather low :( Still gathering the courage so to speak...

Yeh there's not fat on me either I'm all skin and bone: ) and I have one ribcage done, it is sore I won't lie. But the first three to four hours it was OK after that it did get proper sore but at the end of the day pain is temporary the joy you get from looking at it will last forever. I'm booked in at the start of Sept to start a big piece on my other ribcage. If you really want it don't let the pain put you off I'm sure you'll be able to bear it: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Hey guys what's up. New to the tattoo club since Monday and loving it! I just wanted to ask a question regarding the healing, I stopped with the cling film and Vaseline style cream or what ever it was I got off the parlour, it is starting to feel a bit crusty, is this normal? Should I continue with the wrap and cream? It is just writing on the lower abs

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Gandalph wrote: »
    Hey guys what's up. New to the tattoo club since Monday and loving it! I just wanted to ask a question regarding the healing, I stopped with the cling film and Vaseline style cream or what ever it was I got off the parlour, it is starting to feel a bit crusty, is this normal? Should I continue with the wrap and cream? It is just writing on the lower abs

I always find that Bepanthen cream does the trick after the first day.... keep putting it on...little and often. I dont normally ever scab over as such using this.

Deffo not the cling film though... you need to let the air at it a bit now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

Hey All!

New to this neck of Boards, must say a brilliant source of info for all things tattoo.

I am waiting to get my first tattoo in a couple of months, in around Galway, and have found every post on here to be a great help when researching and checking other peoples tattoos. Will get a pic up hopefully in a couple of months.

Thanks to all !!

Murf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

murfinho wrote: »
    Hey All!

New to this neck of Boards, must say a brilliant source of info for all things tattoo.

I am waiting to get my first tattoo in a couple of months, in around Galway, and have found every post on here to be a great help when researching and checking other peoples tattoos. Will get a pic up hopefully in a couple of months.

Thanks to all !!

Murf

Nice to have you in. Do you know what you're getting done yet?

Nice to have you in. Do you know what you're getting done yet?

Thanks!

Yeah I am getting a Celtic shoulder / chest piece. It will have a stag and a raven's wing, intertwined with some traditional knot-work. Not sure if I will go with multiple colours, or just 2 (black / plain).

Stag - my first son's name is Oisín, which means "little deer" in Irish. But didn't fancy getting Bambi, and he'll be big enough soon enough!

Raven - Celtic mythology for all things relating to those gone before us, so that's a reminder for some close family that have passed away..

Have been putting it off for ages, really hard to pick one of the 40 ideas that you have circling around in your head :)

I want it to be compatible with a full sleeve eventually too.

WOW, sounds like you've really thought about it, there's a lot of meanings there. Very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Hi I'm Dave and I'm addicted to tattoos :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

How's a going everyone

Im Jamie, 20 yrs old

About to start college, getting my first tatt (half sleeve) in the morning, should be solid the guy is a great artist

I,ll post a pic as soon as its complete. Maybe 2 weeks or so Id reckon

• Advertisement

jay92 wrote: »
    How's a going everyone

Im Jamie, 20 yrs old

About to start college, getting my first tatt (half sleeve) in the morning, should be solid the guy is a great artist

I,ll post a pic as soon as its complete. Maybe 2 weeks or so Id reckon

Welcome in lad. Dying to see the pics.

Welcome in lad. Dying to see the pics.

Thanks mate Im just back from a 3 hour session in which we got the lining and some shading done. Now only problem is iv cleaned it with anti-bacterial soap and luke warm water to get rid of loose ink and the slimy feeling lol but now I realise I have no bepanthen and the chemist is closed. Any other suggestions until I can get my hands on some tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thanks mate Im just back from a 3 hour session in which we got the lining and some shading done. Now only problem is iv cleaned it with anti-bacterial soap and luke warm water to get rid of loose ink and the slimy feeling lol but now I realise I have no bepanthen and the chemist is closed. Any other suggestions until I can get my hands on some tomorrow?

Any shopping centres, tescos or boots nearby?

Any shopping centres, tescos or boots nearby?

I,ll drive to dunnes in a bit and see. If Im not able to get some cream til tomorrow morning will it make much of a difference? As i say iv washed it once and I am giving it plenty of air

God, I'm guessing anything is better than nothing. Do you have Sudocream or Vaseline, just til tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

God, I'm guessing anything is better than nothing. Do you have Sudocream or Vaseline, just til tomorrow?

iv tried that before , dried it out like **** lol , id suggest vaseline if you have nothing else , nearly every shop sells it

antocann wrote: »
    iv tried that before , dried it out like **** lol , id suggest vaseline if you have nothing else , nearly every shop sells it

Alls good ended up picking up benathen last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Hi all,

Well, I finally joined the club on my 33rd birthday and got a tattoo. I'd been planning it for a while and had a design ready for a few months. My intention was merely ask about getting a tattoo, get an estimate and maybe make an appointment. I went into Wild Cat Ink with my wife and after asking all my questions to the artist (Michael from Brazil), I asked about making an appointment. His answer was........."Well I'm free now actually". So no time like the present...... I went for it!

I put the design together myself using a combination of other designs I found online. I've always liked the yin and yang symbol and what it represents so that is the main feature. I am delighted with the results It was painful but bearable. The outline was probably the worst bit pain wise but after about half an hour, I began to get used to it. It was all worth it of course. I've already put a pic in the "I'll show you mine thread". I hope it's ok to put it here too.

341384-tattoo.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stoppress

I'm a newbie here but have plenty tatt's done over the years. Once I get more tec savvy I well start posting pic's off them here.
    On a different note, what do folk think off neck tattoos, I'm thinking off getting a colour one [an angel which I found on the Internet, yeee a payed for it too, like I mean nuffing is free is it]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Does no one listen?

Sudocreme and vaseline are a no-no for fresh tattoos.

Johnsons baby lotion..best healing stuff ever!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhmw

Helloo just happened upon this thread accidentally!

Looking for a tattoo artist in Dublin that likes doing colour work. I have a cool idea but looking around I noticed a lot of artists like dark, black and grey generally more masculine topics which I'm all for but not interested in that for myself yet!

Also I booked an appointment with a studio in town not going to say which one but basically the guy didnt do anything I asked he drew something terrible and I felt he just didnt bother putting any effort in as he thought I was just some rookie looking for a stupid little tattoo. Anyway didnt end up going back let him keep the deposit.

Anyone have any recommendations or if you want to swap tattoo pics etc that'd be cool!

Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

niamhmw wrote: »
    Helloo just happened upon this thread accidentally!

Looking for a tattoo artist in Dublin that likes doing colour work. I have a cool idea but looking around I noticed a lot of artists like dark, black and grey generally more masculine topics which I'm all for but not interested in that for myself yet!

Also I booked an appointment with a studio in town not going to say which one but basically the guy didnt do anything I asked he drew something terrible and I felt he just didnt bother putting any effort in as he thought I was just some rookie looking for a stupid little tattoo. Anyway didnt end up going back let him keep the deposit.

Anyone have any recommendations or if you want to swap tattoo pics etc that'd be cool!

Niamh

Hi and Welcome :)

As for your tattoo just have a look at some the studios in town and see which one suits you. Ive always liked Skin City myself, but check out Snakebite, Spilled Ink, Zulu Tattoo, Remis Tattoo,Classic Ink there loads of choice in town really bound to find a style which ya like :).

As for pics head to the ill show you mine thread :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've been using this forum for ages now, but I've never introduced myself.

I got my first tattoo just over 4 years ago at 19, and now I'm fairly covered. I'll be completing my sleeve (which is a random assortment of different pieces) within the next month.
    I've been lucky enough to have been worked on by a few different great artists.

I've grown a great interest in the different methods of tattooing from around the world. I'll be getting a handpoked piece done very soon :)

I'm also booked in for a scarification before the end of the year.

So, that's my story. Hello people!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Hi all

I've been on boards a while but I felt my name was too obvious :D So back again! How do you all feel about ladies with upper arm sleeves?? I am considering but a little worried that it will look tacky or too much :/ Have 6 tatts at the moment and I got my last tatt over a year ago! Two 3 hour sessions of sheer agony (which was so fun) :D and I'm starting to get withdrawals again for another ink session :(

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

DeltaWhite wrote: »
    Hi all

I've been on boards a while but I felt my name was too obvious :D So back again! How do you all feel about ladies with upper arm sleeves?? I am considering but a little worried that it will look tacky or too much :/ Have 6 tatts at the moment and I got my last tatt over a year ago! Two 3 hour sessions of sheer agony (which was so fun) :D and I'm starting to get withdrawals again for another ink session :(

Any thoughts?

Depends what they are - but generally I love them.... Not really a fan of 'dark' tatts on ladies (Rock band stuff or too many skulls etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Yeah same here AEDIC.. I'm not into that myself! Still undecided what to get :( I dont want it too girly but I dont want it manly either ha :) Must google some ideas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi all

Any thoughts?

Same as on a guy. If they're nice/well done, then they're awesome. If not, then they're not!

Yeah same here AEDIC.. I'm not into that myself! Still undecided what to get :( I dont want it too girly but I dont want it manly either ha :) Must google some ideas!!

I think this is quality - great use of colour

http://pinterest.com/pin/256986722457584309/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ollydolly

hello im a newbie here. Have quite a few tattoos, got my 1st at 16 which i hate and is the biggest and hardest to cover but oh well its part of me! most of mine are in places that u cant see as i have always been paranoid in my work that it doesnt look right but now at 33 and a lot more life experiences i could not give a ****! i have had 3 in the last year all relating to lots of life changing things that have gone on but now i am looking for a real major in your face showing one. my left arm is slightly ****ed from surgery scars etc plates screws after a car accident and im looking for a 3D artist to capsulate the mechanisims of it now... i dont know anyone really good and skilled like this in ireland so really appreciate some recommendations here, thanks olwen xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kenetic

Howdy folks, been lurking around here for a few weeks before finally registering an account, have few tattoos and more planned over the next few months, here's some of the recent work I had done to cover my very first tattoo - ken

Advertisement