Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome to the good ship T&P new folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 poiuytsam

Hi all , wow that is some design , Looks Fab , it must have been painful !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel4589

Hi, I'm Daniel, Joined a while back but never posted so thought I might start, Mad into tattoos and piercings and pretty much all sorts of body modification, Have a good few tattoos at this stage, Well I'm gonna have a read through the threads if you want to know anything about me just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Daniel4589 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Daniel, Joined a while back but never posted so thought I might start, Mad into tattoos and piercings and pretty much all sorts of body modification, Have a good few tattoos at this stage, Well I'm gonna have a read through the threads if you want to know anything about me just ask.

Welcome, make you way to the ill show you mine thread and show off some your tattoos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 manarocket

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any of you are artists on here I want to get a new tattoo and I want to get something for my wife she is a nurse and also used to do ballet, looking for some idea's and would also like to get one for my son he is 8 now dont know if its better to start a sleeve and add in ... have a couple of Tattoo's got an indian chief on my left breast..(I am a man) got it when I was 21 that was 15 years ago now..also have a fairy on my right leg that my daughter picked out with her name under it, its not the best piece of art but it looked good at the time, the indian one I kinda regret now.
    Cheers rocketman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 bonnie.

hii i'm Siobhan, I'm pretty new to boards.ie..i've just finished Ba in graphic design. Now that i'm finished college I'm really pushing forward in my own portfolio work and will soon be looking for a tattoo apprenticeship(*all fingers and toes crossed). I love tattoos and body mod's i have snakebites my septum pierced, tongue and 12mm stretchers in both ears. I have an aqua coloured owl tattoo'd on my left forearm and 2 other small rose tattoos, and some script on the back of my left leg..

^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

manarocket wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just wondering if any of you are artists on here I want to get a new tattoo and I want to get something for my wife she is a nurse and also used to do ballet, looking for some idea's and would also like to get one for my son he is 8 now dont know if its better to start a sleeve and add in ... have a couple of Tattoo's got an indian chief on my left breast..(I am a man) got it when I was 21 that was 15 years ago now..also have a fairy on my right leg that my daughter picked out with her name under it, its not the best piece of art but it looked good at the time, the indian one I kinda regret now.
    Cheers rocketman
    You won't get anyone here designing one for you to be honest. Find a tattoo artist whose work you like, and pop in to them for a chat.
    bonnie. wrote: »
    hii i'm Siobhan, I'm pretty new to boards.ie..i've just finished Ba in graphic design. Now that i'm finished college I'm really pushing forward in my own portfolio work and will soon be looking for a tattoo apprenticeship(*all fingers and toes crossed). I love tattoos and body mod's i have snakebites my septum pierced, tongue and 12mm stretchers in both ears. I have an aqua coloured owl tattoo'd on my left forearm and 2 other small rose tattoos, and some script on the back of my left leg..

^_^
    Welcome aboard, and fingers crossed for ya too!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pariah

Sup people! Name's Vinny. Been on boards for a while now, but thought I'd introduce myself here. So am planning on getting my first tattoo in two weeks (going to book it later today), am thinking of the Punisher skull, with a flame design behind it, on my bicep. Is this kind of tattoo normally very painfully? Also, would getting the flame done in colour be more painful than getting it just done in black?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Altezzaeve

Hey all I had been on boards before a while back but just forgot I was still registered ha. I have about 8 or so tattoos and have one or two questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Pariah wrote: »
    Sup people! Name's Vinny. Been on boards for a while now, but thought I'd introduce myself here. So am planning on getting my first tattoo in two weeks (going to book it later today), am thinking of the Punisher skull, with a flame design behind it, on my bicep. Is this kind of tattoo normally very painfully? Also, would getting the flame done in colour be more painful than getting it just done in black?

Hey Vinny, welcome. On the pain front, everyone has their own threshold, and it is subjective, depending on which side of your bicep your getting. The outside of the arm, from my experience is nothing much. Generally speaking, the inside area of the arm would be more painful, as that part of the arm is more "tender" (can't think of the right term).

In relation to colour being more painful, nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Pariah

Cheers SolvableKnave!
    Well it's been booked in anyway (decided to go without colour), will post a pic when it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sandyfordboi

Hey My names Rob im 22 and Ive been on boards a while but rarely post :P

I study botany in college and its surprisingly interesting :) ( no really it is)
    anyway i have two tattoos of my own a little celtic one i got done in golden cat in temple bar and a tribal piece done in zulu by Sean!

I was just wondering where would be the best places in dublin to get a sleeve done say something on the style of eithier sonny bill williams off the all blacks or david beckham? and what about places that are good at doing script!? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Hey folks, denis is my name, based in cork, was mad into piercings when i was younger, had loads and streached most of them, only have 4 now, and havent had one in ten years and have no intention of getting one again, My two lobes are 20mm, i have a bar in my left conch that i have up to 5mm(ouch never again) and i have a 6mm barbell that only my wife gets to see ;).

I have quite a fue tattoos. Made the mistake of starting too early in my teens and didnt really know what was good so got alot of tribal crap that i cant stand now so have to cover in black, something similer to tim c of ratm, but my lower arms are all trad americana style, lately my tatts actually have a bit more meaning eg. my wife and daughter's names, i'll post some pics soon, anyway i had forgot i was on here so thats why its taken me 4 years to post! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Ten years on Boards and my first time in these parts...
    I'm Ruairi, we've just had our second kid so I'm thinking about getting their DOB's tattooed.
    A friend I trust has recommended a place, so now i'm just thinking about what exactly I want and where I want it...

I'm thinking just the dates, but I'm not too sure about the style or size, I dont want anything over the top or tacky looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I'm Ruairi, no tattoos, but we've just had our second kid so I'm thinking about getting their DOB's done

A friend I trust has recommended a place, so now i'm just thinking about what exactly I want and where I want it...

I'm thinking just the dates, but I'm not too sure about the style or size, I dont want anything over the top or tacky looking...

giftgrub wrote: »
    I'm Ruairi, no tattoos, but we've just had our second kid so I'm thinking about getting their DOB's done

I'm thinking just the dates, but I'm not too sure about the style or size, I dont want anything over the top or tacky looking...

Welcome were a friendly bunch in here :).

Nice idea just have a good think about and make sure youre exact about what you want and would like done, youll be hooked in no time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clavdia

Hi people. :D I'm new here.
    Just thinking about getting my 2nd piercing and (maybe) a tattoo.
    Hope to know you all better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Clavdia wrote: »
    Hi people. :D I'm new here.
    Just thinking about getting my 2nd piercing and (maybe) a tattoo.
    Hope to know you all better.

Well you've come to the right place to get advice and share. Welcome in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi All,

Finally followed thru on my conviction and got my first tattoo on wednesday :).
    Got a simple cross about 5 inches long on my upper right arm.
    Have been years humming and hawing about it but never following through with it!!
    Anyway took the plunge with Denise in Snakebite and am delighted with how it turned out and only sorry i didnt do it years ago.

Will leave it for a bit but am already planning my next one!!

Have been quietly reading all the advice and tips posted in different threads the last few months so thanks all!!

Hi All,

Finally followed thru on my conviction and got my first tattoo on wednesday :).
    Got a simple cross about 5 inches long on my upper right arm.
    Have been years humming and hawing about it but never following through with it!!
    Anyway took the plunge with Denise in Snakebite and am delighted with how it turned out and only sorry i didnt do it years ago.

Will leave it for a bit but am already planning my next one!!

Have been quietly reading all the advice and tips posted in different threads the last few months so thanks all!!

Delighted for you man. Bet you're raging you didn't do it ages ago! Anyway, don't forget to stick up a pic for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Hi all.

Ive been considering a tattoo since I was about 17 so 7 years now but have spent the last few months settling on a design that meant something to me so I'm booked in for my first one next thursday and already planning the next one. Will post a picture when its done.

Anthony

Ant695 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Ive been considering a tattoo since I was about 17 so 7 years now but have spent the last few months settling on a design that meant something to me so I'm booked in for my first one next thursday and already planning the next one. Will post a picture when its done.

Anthony

Good man, nice to have you on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Hi :) my names is Gill, really enjoying browsing through this forum, (especially the i'll show you mine thread)love tattoos and art :) none yet, have a few piercings tho. Studying graphic design in college so hoping to get a piece i've designed myself tattoed very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

got another tattoo done there few days ago looooooooooooooooooooove it :)

got another tattoo done there few days ago looooooooooooooooooooove it :)

Good stuff. Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

yup heres the one i got done the other day. its not fully healed yet. i looooooooove it :) its only my second tattoo. my other one took 5 hours to do this only took 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

Hellooo, I'm Aoife, hoping to study veterinary in September in UCD. Have 8 piercings and two tattoos... Didn't spot this forum until now! I plan on getting a few more piercings and tats in the next while... Any suggestions? :P

brownstone wrote: »
    Hellooo, I'm Aoife, hoping to study veterinary in September in UCD. Have 8 piercings and two tattoos... Didn't spot this forum until now! I plan on getting a few more piercings and tats in the next while... Any suggestions? :P

Hi and welcome, take urself to the ill show you mine thread for a nosey and also throw up pics of your own :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Hello :D

I'll let you guess my name....:P I've been considering getting tattoo's for a while now. I haven't taken the plunge yet because I have so many idea's that I want to be absolutely sure before I have myself inked and I also fear I won't be able to handle to pain :( And considering all my designs are rather big thats a bit of an issue :P

• Advertisement

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    Hello :D

I'll let you guess my name....:P I've been considering getting tattoo's for a while now. I haven't taken the plunge yet because I have so many idea's that I want to be absolutely sure before I have myself inked and I also fear I won't be able to handle to pain :( And considering all my designs are rather big thats a bit of an issue :P

Welcome :)

Well your taking the right first step and not just getting any old tattoo on yourself and making sure you get something you really like and want instead;). As for the pain dont worry youll be grand its really not that bad im sure you can handle it.

Advertisement