Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

Ah yes 41 and got a new tattoo but that leads me to believe that its not your first one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

Never too old. Ever.

:D Would be cool to have it done for the beach this year :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Eire sun wrote: »
    Ah yes 41 and got a new tattoo but that leads me to believe that its not your first one ;)

First or fortieth, doesn't matter! It's never too late! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

so what do you think of the new guy on broad street,he is not long open..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Eire sun wrote: »

LOL, no, not my first mate. Got my first done over 20 years ago. My second a few years after that. Another I got done Sept. 11th 2001, so I won't forget for obvious reasons. And another a few years ago. The most recent was before Christmas, and getting another one in the next week or so. :D

Like Damo said, never too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Well lads,
    My names Jonny and am completely new to this forum! am 17 and doing the big LC in a few months :cool: Hopefully am going to get my first tattoo for my 18th birthday :D Can anyone recommend a good tattoo shop in the Leinster area? I'm just a bit wary as I don't want my first to be a disaster or badly done! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Redbeard K

Hi Guys,

The names Niall and cooking is my game, noob to boards so I guess Ill ask my first question here, I got my first Tattoo (of 2) a few years ago and after I got my second I realised the first was shockingly poor in the fine detail, just wondering is a full workover neccasary to make colour etc blend or could the right artist do a touch up? I still have the original design

Redbeard K wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

The names Niall and cooking is my game, noob to boards so I guess Ill ask my first question here, I got my first Tattoo (of 2) a few years ago and after I got my second I realised the first was shockingly poor in the fine detail, just wondering is a full workover neccasary to make colour etc blend or could the right artist do a touch up? I still have the original design

Howdy and welcome. If the artist is good enough, he should be able to do a touch up for ya. When I went to get my fourth tattoo done, it was with a different artist and he scoffed at my other tattoos and the quality. So for the first few sessions he did a touch up on the tattoos I had before he did a new one. So yeah, it can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Hey guys, just a quick question. Didn't want to clog up the page by opening a whole thread for it!

Just wondering is it customary to tip your tattooist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Howdy and welcome. If the artist is good enough, he should be able to do a touch up for ya. When I went to get my fourth tattoo done, it was with a different artist and he scoffed at my other tattoos and the quality. So for the first few sessions he did a touch up on the tattoos I had before he did a new one. So yeah, it can be done.

Where did you get your touch up done? That guy sounds cool for doing that... I got one done the day before I left NZ and obviously couldn't get back there to get it touched-up / finished. I'm raging because it looks 'off' Lines need to be perfected and it needs more colour and stuff added to it

help?

• Advertisement

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Where did you get your touch up done? That guy sounds cool for doing that... I got one done the day before I left NZ and obviously couldn't get back there to get it touched-up / finished. I'm raging because it looks 'off' Lines need to be perfected and it needs more colour and stuff added to it

help?

My touch up was done by Mick in Stigmata Tau. The tatts were all the better for it! Unfortunately Mick took his own life a couple of years ago (RIP man) but the shop is still open and they're good folks in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Redbeard K

Had a meeting about my touch up and the guy knew straight away the original artwork and where it came from, well happy as he had a copy of the original and was able to tell me what he would do to get it up to scratch. Ill post pics on the Show me yours thread when I get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

My touch up was done by Mick in Stigmata Tau. The tatts were all the better for it! Unfortunately Mick took his own life a couple of years ago (RIP man) but the shop is still open and they're good folks in there.

Oh my gosh, how sad. I'm glad you've got a lasting legacy of his work though... well done & i'm glad you're happy with it. That's awesome

Redbeard K wrote: »
    Had a meeting about my touch up and the guy knew straight away the original artwork and where it came from, well happy as he had a copy of the original and was able to tell me what he would do to get it up to scratch. Ill post pics on the Show me yours thread when I get it done.

Yep. This guy was the same. He just looked and said "I bet you got them done by ******* (not going to say here!) and I said it was. His reply - "f**king eejit, let me fix them for ya....." LOL. I'd like to see your pics when they're done chief.
    Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, how sad. I'm glad you've got a lasting legacy of his work though... well done & i'm glad you're happy with it. That's awesome

It was VERY sad. His wife had died from cancer the year before (aged 34) and he never got over her death. They were best mates (the kind of relationship everyone aspires to have) and he just couldn't live without her any longer. :( I was gutted when I heard. Very sad funeral. But yes, I have three cool tatts that he fixed up nicely for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

was done in wildcat

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jmc1243

Hi, i got my first tattoo last week and im absolutely in love with!! The tattoo artist was really nice and kept making sure i was ok which was lovely of him.
    already trying to think of ideas for a second one, might find some inspiration on here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I don't think I've ever introduced myself here but I've posted a few times.

I'm Jack, I'm 19 and studying digital media. I like cats and comic books. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

this is my 3rd one,only phase one of it got to go back next week to get it finished..hope i did this right..

Welcome along all you new folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Hi ^.^ My name is Natasha, I'm 17 years old and pretty new to Boards.ie, not just this forum. I don't know anyone at all yet xD

I got into Piercings when I was 14 when I got my Ear Cartilage pierced. I'll never forget that day! Since then I've gotten my navel, nose and tongue pierced. I love the feeling of getting pierced, the butterflies in my tummy going into the sterile room and then looking after it while it heals (: I'm waiting to get my first tattoo as I want to get something that has a meaning to me, not get it just for the sake of getting a tattoo, no matter how badly I want one! I'm hoping to have decided on one by my 18th birthday so I can get it as a present and not have to pay myself xD

Everyone seems friendly here so I hope to be talking to you all ^.^

• Advertisement

Welcome along, good to hear you aren't considering getting the tattoo before you're 18!
    Sounds like you've your head screwed on right! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 poiuytsam

hi all reasonably newbee , here , just started going out with a girl and found she has lots of tattos , it was strange at first , seeing this different woman ! took a while to get use to it actually , it seem like i go out with 2 women , the one you see when she is in her business atire and the other when she is more casual !!

still early days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KidsHelpNet

Hello,

I am new here.

I do not have any ink. Have worked with kids in group homes for 4 years, and seen them tattooing themselves and one another.

Have invested a lot of time in educating them about the dangers of tattooing themselves and one another, not to mention doing things like converting electric toothbrushes into tattoo guns.

Anyway, am new and wanted to introduce myself.

I am Keith,and I live in NC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BettiePage

Brand new to this!! Have 1 tatt but on the hunt for my next one!! Cant wait

BettiePage wrote: »
    Brand new to this!! Have 1 tatt but on the hunt for my next one!! Cant wait

Welcome in! What have you got, where is it? Have you a pic? What's your next one gonna be?

Welcome in! What have you got, where is it? Have you a pic? What's your next one gonna be?

Cheers. Have a fairy on my stomach. Small and faded now. got it a long time ago. Looking to have some orchids put on my back for my nxt go. Have been planning this for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

hello, im a lurker and a tattoo & piercing lurverrrr, im 23 and have 1 tattoo getting another one in a few weeks, had several piercings but alot have closed up since, was in a relationship for a long time with a guy who hated piercings and tattoos so now im FREEEE im going to get all the ones i wanted :)

Exciting times MummyMoo!! Just had a consultation today myself. Art work is in progress.....Cannot wait for that needle to hit my skin!:)

mummymoo wrote: »
    hello, im a lurker and a tattoo & piercing lurverrrr, im 23 and have 1 tattoo getting another one in a few weeks, had several piercings but alot have closed up since, was in a relationship for a long time with a guy who hated piercings and tattoos so now im FREEEE im going to get all the ones i wanted :)

Good stuff. Just go nuts now and make up for lost time!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

lol indeed i will :L

Advertisement