Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

CsiGirl wrote: »
    I can't remember if I've posted in here before or not, but Hi, I am addicted to tattoos, I have 3 small Tattoos and 5 Piercings and I want more lol :)

Soon you will be "riddled" with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tricia xx

Im a newbie in the sense i dont post much but i will when i think of something post worthy!! Im from limerick ive 2 tattoos so far and ive had a variety of piercings over the years...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 carisma

Hello,
    I am a newbie as well. I am 19 and a native german girl. Living in Dublin now.
    I love Tattoos and Piercings... got 2 Tattoos and one Piercing... but i think that's not enough ;) So I am still searching for the next... :)

greets

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome Tricia and Carisma :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vanmarley

Hi to all!

I would like to introduce myself, I'm Van from Philippines, and the reason why I am joining this forum its because I am enjoying reading others thoughts and opinions and I would like also to share my thoughts. Since, this is my first post, I would be glad if someone would guide me or give some advice in posting.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinkel

Hey there!

My name is Sara, I'm new here, both to the forum and to Ireland. Or well, six months in Cork now. I'm originally from Sweden where I had a pretty good idea of where to turn when I wanted some new bodymodifications done, but here I sure could use some pointers. Always nice to have contact with others sharing your passion too I suppose.
    Looking forward to explore this forum and see what it's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Welcome to everyone.. its great to see all the european women moving to ireland and the rise of body modification in the country :)

i never posted here,been using the forum a couple months now,i never noticed the thread.my name is cyberjuice lol. im 28 living in dublin all my life

i have some big tattoos and my ears pierced at 4m currently and goin bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Hi peeps, I'm Emma, 25, have 5 piercings incl. septum and keen on getting a tattoo!
    Don't yis all sound charming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 libz

Will wrote: »
    It can be a bit intimidating coming here, it takes a lot of guts to introduce yourself and even more to come out on a night. I know I was bricking it, everyone is new at one stage or another.

So if you're new to the forum, lash a post or 10 in here about yourself.

We will welcome you with open arms. :D

This is a serious thread, the more established people are encouraged to welcome new members. Ripping it out of me can be done elsewhere.

hi everyone,newbie here and looking forward to getting to know pple and having the craic.....26 and always up for a chat:p

Welcome aboard vanmarley, Dinkel, CyberJuice, EmmaAstra and libz :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 libz

Welcome aboard vanmarley, Dinkel, CyberJuice, EmmaAstra and libz :)
    thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Hey all, have been lurking for a while, mostly looking through the 'I'll show you mine' thread. Loving it :) I have one largish tattoo and planning my next one so will definitely be browsing the threads over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lorrscann

I am a kinda newbie - jusst trying to get my 25 posts up so I can start a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

libz wrote: »
    thank you:)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lowrus

thought I should say hello since I only joined today but have looked around on here before, from Dublin have 7 piercings, 25 tattoos i think??? a split tongue and 14 sub dermal implants think thats everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AineThePiercer

I'm Aine. I'm a piercer (hence my honest screen name). I have been on here before but keep locking myself out of my profile :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Hey all, Im Aoife from Cork. Only 2 tattoos unfortunately due to lack of funds but I have at least 5 more planned, haha. Im only 20 sure so I have a good few years yet to liven myself up =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thepeterlong

Hey I'm peter, I've got a lip piercing and I'm in the process of having my ears stretched. I also have two tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 annafalcon

Hello everyone, i have just joined today, it is great forum with many interseting topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

Hi everyone,
    I need a bit of advice I had my upper ear pierced about 7 weeks ago and find its hard to sleep on that side as the stud hurts. when is it safe to leave the stud out at night without the piercing closing - i've been told it will close if i take it out overnight. :confused:

• Advertisement

It can take up to 6 months for some cartilage piercings to heal fully. Simply try not to sleep on that side of your head!

It can take up to 6 months for some cartilage piercings to heal fully. Simply try not to sleep on that side of your head!

thanks DamoElDiablo i love the piercing but the pain is bad! I'll try to stick it for another while - its not infected or anything its just very sore and a bit red every morning - id also just like to change the stud - do you think i should hold out on that too? thanks for advice.

If there's a stud in it, I'm assuming you got it pierced using a gun, in which case as this can damage and shatter the cartilage, it's liable to be sorer than if you got it done with a needle. I'd not recommend changing the stud until it's healed, but you shouldn't really have a stud in that anyway! If you're worried about it, drop into a proper piercer, they can take a look at it for you, and possibly replace it with a bar/ring.

If there's a stud in it, I'm assuming you got it pierced using a gun, in which case as this can damage and shatter the cartilage, it's liable to be sorer than if you got it done with a needle. I'd not recommend changing the stud until it's healed, but you shouldn't really have a stud in that anyway! If you're worried about it, drop into a proper piercer, they can take a look at it for you, and possibly replace it with a bar/ring.

i had the piercing done in a jewellers and she used a gun!! I'll take your advice and look around for a piercer to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hey I'm Aisling, 22 from Clare but spend a lot of spare time in Limerick. I have a few piercings and two tattoos but am planning on getting more as soon as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mickoregan

Hi, I'm Mick from Cork but now in the UK. I have a New York Yankees baseball club tattoo to show my allegiance to the team and to Yankee baseball.
    I'll stick a pic up here when I get the chance.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hey, I joined ages ago but only started posting recently. I don't have loads of tatts and piercings, but i have a few of each. I'm big into bikes and metal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Hi all,

long-time boardsie, but first time lurking around the Tats & Piercings section!

Thinking about getting my first tattoo, so ventured in here for a look and for some guidance and inspiration! Veering towards an animal portrait (as in a portrait of one of my beloved cats from a photo) , any suggestions for artists doing this kind of work? Dublin/East Leinster area?

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Byakuya

I'm old enough to know better ;), but then I caught the tattoo bug late in life. I now have 7, and am planning the next one. I found a tattooist that I trust to turn the images I bring him into great tattoos. I'm big into games and animes, so the last 3 were related to those interests. I also have 8 piercings. Most of my kids hate them, but life is too short not to take any chances. I love my inks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

gipi wrote: »
    Hi all,

long-time boardsie, but first time lurking around the Tats & Piercings section!

Thinking about getting my first tattoo, so ventured in here for a look and for some guidance and inspiration! Veering towards an animal portrait (as in a portrait of one of my beloved cats from a photo) , any suggestions for artists doing this kind of work? Dublin/East Leinster area?

Ta!

Hi Ger (isn't it?) Stigmata Tau in Swords are pretty good. The place isn't the same since poor Mick died a couple of years ago, but the staff are good.

Advertisement