Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hi:D
    Im a n00b to this but a long long long time lurker... Ive spent many hours poring everyone's gorgeous tattoos in "Ill show you mine if you show me yours" much to my rents annoyance:rolleyes:. Due to the age, (seventeen), I dont have any tattoos but hopefully my plans will come to fruitation over the next few years:p

Being 17 sucks! :o I'v stalked for far too long aswell. Next saturday i think i'm going to pop into Snakebite and get a proper quote on my first tattoo, then only a couple of months and i'm getting printed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best use this time to put as much thought into what you're getting as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I'm kind of a noob, I'm a long-term lurker. I have my ears and bellybutton pierced and I'm getting my tongue pierced tomorrow! I'm so excited because I've wanted that done since I was thirteen, I'm eighteen now. I'd like tattoos but so far I'm waiting for the perfect design to find me and I won't just get one for the sake of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Hello hello. I figured I'd wander over. I have some questions about touch-ups and things.

I have 6 tattoos, one on my back, 3 on the insides of my arms and one on my inner upper arm that needs a serious amount of time put into it. Long story.

I have some cartiledge piercings and have had others but sure they've fallen out or closed up along the way. I'd like my tongue pierced but would be worried about my teeth :)

I'm...older than a lot of the posts I've seen in this thread. Oooh well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Asry wrote: »
    Hello hello. I figured I'd wander over. I have some questions about touch-ups and things.

I have 6 tattoos, one on my back, 3 on the insides of my arms and one on my inner upper arm that needs a serious amount of time put into it. Long story.

I have some cartiledge piercings and have had others but sure they've fallen out or closed up along the way. I'd like my tongue pierced but would be worried about my teeth :)

I'm...older than a lot of the posts I've seen in this thread. Oooh well :)
    Everyone is older than the posts on the thread :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

ha! nice :D Yeah I'm erm 16.....

Jesus no, I wouldn't want to be 16 again. No offence intended to 16 year olds. I just really prefer being 10 years older! Should I tell everyone I'm blonde and blue eyed and look like a model too? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

26? old? you mad? Better get my walking stick ready so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciaraaa

hey yeah im 18, ten piercings getting more from dani in dublin ink next week, anyone been in there yet ? you should all check it out :)
    no tattoos yet, but hopefully soon once i get money together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Im peter im 18 i like cars and cans oh and women.... im intersted in car mechanics... japanise cars , like skyline , evo and so on.....even tho il probly start of in a rust bucket.........em dont have a tattoo YET. might get one on my ass cheek "your name" twud go down well when id be flurting with the ladies...ahaha ..im new to the whole bords.ie scene lol..new kid on the block....so pleased to meet you all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Roxy Mitchell

mod edit - too hard to look at

• Advertisement

What the sh¡t is that?!

Fair enough, maybe start with a more aesthetically pleasing or insightful one? instead of just taking one off the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm in my early 30s (f) and have been thinking about a tattoo for years. Kinda scared but would love something semi discreet...thinking a seahorse and some seashells around my bikini line...does that sound weird?

No, but if you're going down a sea-life theme, I'd draw the line at crabs... :pac:
    Welcome aboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 semipermanent

I'm new here, just introducing myself! I'm mor into the permanent make-up side of tattooing especially love brows. But I do have an appreciation for body art too. I'd love to chat to other permanent make-up artists on the site so feel free to get in touch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rockchic7

just thought id say hi:D im new here n so far loving the site! love looking at other peoples awesome tatts, i only have the one at the mo but have a million n one other ideas in my head!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 semipermanent

the internet is great for giving ideas, God bless google :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Hi i'm ally, i have no tattoos or piercings but there's still time, i'm hoping to get a piercing or maybe a tattoo at some point but due to medical reasons i'm not sure i can

Nice to meet everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hi all, I'm Marie :) Have been lurking for a good while, checking out everyone's amazing tattoos. I've one of my own, it's only a small one on my hip, that I picked off a chart on a wall, so it's nothing majorly exciting, but I do still love it a few years later.

I want my next one to be something unique, and horse related because I've a passion for horses, so if anyone could recommend someone who's really good at doing animal tattoos {preferably around Cork} I'd appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fifiyoyo

hi guys im fiona! have few tattoos and lots of peircings! my next tatttoo will be a life size tarantula walking over my shoulder :) cant wait to get it done , have it booked in the next few weeks :)

• Advertisement

Welcome along all you lovely new peoples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ben111

I am a new here, I like the tattoos on a lot of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CongressTart

Hello all. Just wondering how long it takes approximately to get a tattoo design done, as I have been waiting months for mine. Since April / May :(

Who is designing it for you? Have you been in touch with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iain11

hi everyone have been looking on the site for a while now and decided to join up currently have a 12mm lobe tunnel, spiderbite on my lip and tragus done! as for tats have a tribal half sleeve done but plenty of ideas for the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EvetscipE

Hey... I'm Steve. I'm relatively new to body modification, I only have a labret piercing...

Getting my first tattoo soon, Getting DFTBA Tattooed on the inside of my right forearm.
    I also want to get my tongue and lip pierced again.

Welcome aboard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

Decided I'd throw a post in here too, out of boredom really. :p

Well I'm Kev, 19 and from Cork. More into the piercings side of things than tattoos, mostly due to the lack of funds ;p

Current piercings are : 14mm left lobe, 12mm right (should be bigger by now but I'm lazy ;p Think I'm stopping ~16mm anyway :) ) vertical 'snake bites', jestrum (vertical in the center of my top lip, not a very common one around Ireland it seems^^) standard (right)side lip, septum stretched to 4mm and my bridge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CongressTart

Yeah I have been in touch several times, phoned the parlour to see if the artist is in, then drop by if she is. I am not going to mention which one as I don't want to identify anyone or myself to them but I find it strange now that it would take this long. She has given me 2 designs already, I have told her what I would like to change about them politely each time. She is very nice and I don't want to lose the head but I am getting a bit pissed now that it is taking so long, I like her work and have a voucher so can't really go elsewhere.

I've been in touch again recently and no reply. I didn't think it would take this long, I don't think it is overly complicated a design tbh as I have said what I would like on a few occasions now.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have been in touch several times, phoned the parlour to see if the artist is in, then drop by if she is. I am not going to mention which one as I don't want to identify anyone or myself to them but I find it strange now that it would take this long. She has given me 2 designs already, I have told her what I would like to change about them politely each time. She is very nice and I don't want to lose the head but I am getting a bit pissed now that it is taking so long, I like her work and have a voucher so can't really go elsewhere.

I've been in touch again recently and no reply. I didn't think it would take this long, I don't think it is overly complicated a design tbh as I have said what I would like on a few occasions now.
    Say this to the artist, i'm sure they will sort it out rather than lose your custom!

Advertisement