Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

Another complete and utter waste of time, bar the Tigs and Venus scene there wasn't a single moment here that was anything but bland and familiar. The show really has run its course and that final scene had as much impact as Bobby's death. They really need to do something interesting with the remaining episide as if they don't the show is going to remembered rather poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Went to load up this weeks episode, 70 minutes long, are you ****ing kidding me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Alexander?? Philip?? Who are these people??! :P

To be honest that was the first show all season that I've enjoyed! Ok the whole nazi black thing was completely ridiculous and the eye scene was unnecessary but there were some actual moments this week too! Apart from the obvious Abel bombshell I also really enjoyed the scene with Jax, Abel and Wendy. The scene with Tig and Venus as well was great. And +1 to whoever said it above, the rat is defo the rat!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I still can't wait for this season to be over and that episode was still too long but it wasn't a bad episode! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought that was pretty f*cking great, some of the as$ shots could have been taken out to reduce the length. But other than that, everything starts to fall into place, and blamo, the inevitable reveal from Abel takes place. I thought it was setup brilliantly in the final scene with Jax/Wendy/Abel.

....but....Abel has already lied once about Grandma that day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yeah I think Rat getting so much screen time means he's going to be involved in some **** ahead.

Yeah it was a long episode but thought it was very good.

G'wan Tig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Juice seemed to be enjoying the loven he was getting from Marlyn Manson, the book of poetry and the jar of Vaseline, how romantic lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

dave1982 wrote: »
    what have they done to Shane Vendrel :(

Yeah funnily enough I'd just finished watching the last episodes of The Shield last night and was a bit of a head trip to see him in Venus mode tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

I think that Tig has genuine feelings for Venus but can't quite reconcile it in his head. Add to that the slagging he took about it this episode. He is so volatile and the fact he is choosing to go public makes the whole situation a bit precarious. Sure they wouldn't have bothered with the whole storyline if it wasn't being set up for something. Either way, I don't think things will end well for lovely Venus. Love her!

I think this episode tied a few things up in a nice bow which is a bit of a cop out but sure its still only a bit of escapism at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Thought it was the best episode this season anyway, I enjoyed the nazi scene and tigs scene with Venus.

Less Gemma in this episode, I've hated her character since season 1 tbh, and not a good hatred like stahl, more of a go away hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I thought it was the best episode as well. The montage at the start was good. I was still laughing at Tig when Juice's scene popped up on the screen. Loved the way Tig took not one ounce of **** from the Aryan. That's real one-percenter stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

Yes definitely best episode so far but I forgot it's the next to last. They've a lot to tie up now. I just hope the finalé is worth it. At least after a crappy season so far, the show feels back on track really at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

There's three episodes left according to imdb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Abel has cried wolf about Gemma hurting him with the fork, so I'm wondering will Jax just think it's Abel making stuff up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Sirsok wrote: »
    Thought it was the best episode this season anyway, I enjoyed the nazi scene and tigs scene with Venus.

Less Gemma in this episode, I've hated her character since season 1 tbh, and not a good hatred like stahl, more of a go away hatred.

I completely agree. This episode was a big improvement on the previous ones.

Always hated Gemma too :mad:

I read a spoiler about the final scene but it didn't ruin it for me at all. Go on Abel hanging grandma out to dry!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So what are the lose ends now:

- Whatever happens to Gemma with the reveal
    - The club meetings that are taking place over the killing of the Indian Hills president
    - Nero getting his ranch
    - Juice v Lin with a splash of Mr. Manson
    - Marx getting something done to him
    - Jax perhaps taking Wendy back to bone city?
    - Unser beating cancer?

A couple of other things on Happy

'you want one, there are 3 left'

and

He's mad looking when riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I think Jax may have had an idea already about Gemma. When they were in the lodge before burying Bobby, Jax saw that she seemed to be more upset than she should have been. On it's own not a big deal but with Abel now, who knows.

Roanmore wrote: »
    I think Jax may have had an idea already about Gemma. When they were in the lodge before burying Bobby, Jax saw that she seemed to be more upset than she should have been. On it's own not a big deal but with Abel now, who knows.

I thought that earlier on in the season as well, but I think its just a case of us knowing and waiting for Jax to find out.
    The only other person who I reckon has a suspicion is Unser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What exactly was the point of the first two minutes showing everybody riding it was just as pointless as the scene last week.

I'd say that 80-90% if each episode this series has been filler. You could tell each episode thus far in under 20 minutes and a 6 episode final series would have been much better than what we've for so far.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    What exactly was the point of the first two minutes showing everybody riding it was just as pointless as the scene last week.

It's the 'Jean Claude Van Damme As$ Shot' Clause in all the casts contracts.
    They neglected some over the 7 seasons so contractualy obligided to meet the quota before show end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Maybe on some level they are all expecting to die very soon so they figure they may as well shoot their loads while they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

All episode long I was wondering where Bobby was, I figured he was in hospital, then at the last scene I remembered he died.

How the hell was it done so badly that I forgot, probably should have watched the previously on SOA bit at the start

How was it done badly?
    He was tortured while he was captured, shot in the head whilst being handed over to teach Jax a lesson and waked at the cabin.
    Did you not see him being buried? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Yep, but the burial scene was totally forgettable. Torture was fine scene, shooting scene was good, burial was ....... meh

Staplor wrote: »
    , burial was ....... meh

Yeah, it was kind of hijacked by Gemma, deserved better.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roanmore wrote: »
    Yeah, it was kind of hijacked by Gemma, deserved better.

A bit like the show itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

The biggest cringe for me is when Sagal sings a song at the end of a show. I get the feeling that hubby should say no more often.

I really hope that it doesn't end with Gemma being forgiven and her riding off into the sunset to live the quiet life. She's been due a serious comeuppance for years. Since Tara got a barbecue fork in her head, I think Gemma should at least have an Artic carrying a load of lawnmower parts drive over her legs or something. Then have her rolled over the edge of a cliff in her wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

If Gemma survives at the end of the show, I'll actually throw some bitch fit, it'll ruin the whole thing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Gemma survives at the end of the show, I'll actually throw some bitch fit, it'll ruin the whole thing for me

I'll book flights to kill Katey Sagal & Kurt Sutter if that happens

Only her doing a Peggy Bundy impression might save her, he's more fcuked than Juice is in that last episode :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

Odd alright. Best was Wendy :) bzzzzzzzzzzzz

Advertisement