Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Kurt Sutter is a joke end of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

redbuck wrote: »
    Kurt Sutter is a joke end of discussion.

He spoiled Tara's death on me, retweeted a tweet saying it the morning after the episode aired in America. Annoyed me to no end.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

At this point I'm starting to think some sort of nuclear device dropped into the center of Charming would be the most satisfying ending

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

marco_polo wrote: »
    At this point I'm starting to think some sort of nuclear device dropped into the center of Charming would be the most satisfying ending

I just keep watching to see where they are actually going to go with the storyline. It's gone ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

marco_polo wrote: »

Gemma would still fcuking survive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭squonk

I reckon John Teller isn't dead. He was actually a guy who came from the future to protect Gemma from an advanced robot called a Terminator so she could spawn Jax. He knocked Gemma up and then had to destroy himself and the Terminator so that the advanced technology and knowledge wouldn't get discovered by Cyberdine and lead to the development of Skynet. It's building up to an epic final episode where 2 Terminators return, one very advanced one with a mission to kill Jax and another who shows up on a Harley trying to protect him. I predict epic scenes of Jax, The Terminator and the Sons getting chased by the other Terminator in a juggernaut at high speed. There'll be lots of casualties. It'll be the guys on harleys equivalent of The Raid. It's going to be frickin epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It wouldn't surprise me if John Teller strolls back in before its over and turns Jax into this good man we keep hearing about.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if John Teller strolls back in before its over and turns Jax into this good man we keep hearing about.

Jesus if they do that I'll kick the shít out of my TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I only remembered today about the storyline they were setting up last season with the teenage girl (can't remember her name but she's with rats now?) and her mother who died.

It seemed like they were setting it up that the homeless woman we used to always see in earlier seasons was her mother and that she survived the crash.

There hasn't been any mention of that at all yet and there's what 4 episodes left?

I wonder if it will be brought in and have bearing on the ending or if it was just one of those stories that they started but never finished.

I'm 5 minutes I to the pilot for The Flash and already I've enjoyed it more than all the episodes of Sons this series to date. It's amazing to see how far the show has fallen, it's so generic and bland and the writing feels sub par when compared to even the crappiest of soaps. Fair City has stronger writing than what we've seen on Sons recently.

• Advertisement

RTE & FX are really missing a trick here. They should do a Fair City/SOA crossover episode before it's too late. NBC and Fox are gone mad doing it this season!

squonk wrote: »
    RTE & FX are really missing a trick here. They should do a Fair City/SOA crossover episode before it's too late. NBC and Fox are gone mad doing it this season!

They have had some, well one Fair City actor pop up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

It's Home and Away with guns.

56 minutes into this weeks episode and it really is just awful, juvenile trash. The Chibs and Sheriff sex scene is one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen and feels like something a 13 year old would come up with. How a supposedly smart woman would do something so dumb as to have sex in the open with a man like Chibs just boggles the mind.

Bobby's death should have been something truly special, after all he's been the moral and emotional core of the show since almost day one but the whole thing lacked any impact. It just fell flat and the scenes which followed where the gang looked on mournfully were more comedic than anything else. Gemma's monologue over his dead body is yet another of the shows long winded and dull character building moments which doesn't work. At this stage I don't care about Gemma or anyone else involved in the club and their emotional plight is no longer interesting. I'm half expecting the final episode to involve Jax on trial in heaven where all the old faces will pop up. Hell, I think I'd prefer that to anything we've got this series to date.

One thing that continues to amaze me is just how anyone deemed these scripts worth of an extended run time. You could easily cover the same ground in 22 minutes and not the hour it took this week. The show really needs to be put down, it's pretty much a soap opera with a little more death and it really does feel like they're making it up as they go along

• Registered Users Posts: 85,553 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Brothers in Arms the Aussie version of SOA :p

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303123

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Brothers in Arms the Aussie version of SOA :p

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303123

Oddly enough when I clicked on that IMDB link, scrolled down and where it is meant to give the plot of the show it says...be the first to add the plot!!

Thought I was on the SOA page for a moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I watched a few seasons of this on a friend's recommendation, and promised him I'd give it a few seasons.

A few things. From the start, these lads aren't anything more than basic criminals. They're glorified and treated as heroes fighting for ... something. Freedom? A safer Charming? Whatever. Bottom line is they're a criminal gang. The core of the Club? Loyalty? Nah. Where was loyalty to Donna or Opie? Even Clay ends up making a deal. Loyalty only lasts as long as it's convenient.

Fast forward to Season 3, they **** over some Russian arms dealers, and take out an ex-IRA head. Season 4, EP1, they kill the Russians during a time of truce (a wedding of one of their own) despite the Russians forgiving them for ****ing them over. So, not only criminals, but honourless criminals. And these are the good guys of the show?

I'll happily admit, it's a well made TV show, but other than Juice, Tig and Bobby, what likeable characters are there? Jemma, Clay, Jax, all arseholes; hypocritical arseholes at that. They turn on Unser, or anyone who disagrees with them, without half a thought, but bitch and moan when someone doesn't treat them right.

In it's defense, the finale to Season 3 was really well done. A quality TV episode. As a show, characters aside, it's quite well made. Storyline, solid, engaging, keeps you guessing.

But quite how these people managed to make it through more than half a dozen seasons is beyond me. How can anyone like the characters involved? Best character in the show - until the writers made them go off the rails because they had to deify the Club? Stahl. Hell, even Deputy Hale was a solid character. No, no. Write him out, with the flimsiest of reasons.

[edit]
    I'm not bothering watching anymore. I asked my mate to send me the death scenes on Youtube when they happen, to see if I give a ****. Bobby might be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Chibs and yer wan in the parking lot was ridiculous tbh

The show has taken a nose dive and its because the focus has shifted to the Gemma show. The past 2 seasons is alien to the previous. Like many, I'm only watching to see it through. A real shame tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Posts deleted
    charlie19, if you are not interested please do not post
    clareman, no backseat modding please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Forgot Chibs. He's Ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wasn't this show always about Jax? Can't understand why Gemma is getting so much screen time.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT!

She should have been killed off mid season. Or last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,422 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wasn't this show always about Jax? Can't understand why Gemma is getting so much screen time.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT!

She should have been killed off mid season. Or last season.

I think her husband is giving her so much screen time in the hope she will win an Emmy or Golden Globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,553 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think her husband is giving her so much screen time in the hope she will win an Emmy or Golden Globe.

She has won a Globe for the show already but Emmys always snub it

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Generic gta episode and then BOOM!!!!!! Those last 15 seconds.

20 minute in and already I've reached for my iPod. The show is at this stage going around in circles and repeating the sane mistakes each week. The end is in sight and things should be hearing up but there's no tension being built or a sense of any danger. Marks feels like an empty threat, there's no menace there and the whole Neo Nazi thing isn't making for compelling viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

These longer episodes are a pain in the ass having to skip forward that little bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Feel the wrath of Abel!
    Jax is going to fob it off of course, until maybe Gemma starts acting suspicious when it's brought up.
    The highlight of this season for me actually has been Tig and Venus. That scene last night was one of the most beautifully scripted I've seen in a while. I loathe Tig(don't get me wrong he's a fab fictional character), but he'll always be a monster in my eyes and yet this relationship makes my heart melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

what have they done to Shane Vendrel :(

• Advertisement

I'm more convinced now that Rat is the Rat.

Advertisement