Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That kid is going to go all Norman Bates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

BANG and the plot is gone

After last nights episode I couldn't agree more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rat is the rat.

There. I said it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I don't know what is happening any more. How many episodes are left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Tristram wrote: »
    I don't know what is happening any more. How many episodes are left?

4. Thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Kirby wrote: »
    Rat is the rat.

There. I said it. :p

It's Abel, he the rat, feds got to him. used chocolate as leverage to get the intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The best thing about this season is Tig's one liners

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

The "love scene" with Chibs and the sheriff is one of the most contrived and pointless scenes in tv history. The entire show has decended into a farce of "Dexterian" proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think they should rename it the Gemma Teller & Former Sons of Anarchy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The fact that nobody has even mentioned the fact
    Bobby died
    says alot, nobody really cares anymore I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭squonk

Good. I thought I was the only one thinking this episode felt flat, boring and pointless. I found myself half way through longing for a return from Tara. Even Zombie Tara would do wonders for the show now. Like an earlier poster I've lost track of what's going on. How many times have they dug up that preachers body now? At least he's gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They should bring back Clay Morrow as a zombie. it is gone so ridiculous now it wouldn't bother me at all if it had zombies.

[edit]- I see I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind a zombie in Charming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

The fact that nobody has even mentioned the fact
    Bobby died
    says alot, nobody really cares anymore I don't think.

I was glad for him!

Have so little interest in the show that twice today I sat down to watch it and just couldn't be bothered. It just feels like hard work at this stage and I find myself saving a show I enjoy till after Sons so I have something to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Only reason I'm still watching is cos it's the final season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Mulbert wrote: »
    The "love scene" with Chibs and the sheriff is one of the most contrived and pointless scenes in tv history. The entire show has decended into a farce of "Dexterian" proportions.

This was the final straw. It's like an eleven year old boy was allowed to add his own scene. It was so moronic and pointless and out of place. I don't comprehend why they parachute this woman in and then try to fasttrack some kind of a love story between herself and himself. She's a one-dimensional cardboard cutout character, I struggle to care about whether she's in a relationship with a biker or a piece of cheese.

The sum of her policework seems to be asking Uncer to find out everything for her. There's f**king bombs and massacres and open-air gunfights going on 24/7 and her police work can't uncover any kind of a lead or piece of information. She needs Uncer to tell her everything apart from what she can pull off a computer. What is her point exactly. The least she can do is let Uncer hop on top of her in the parking lot as a reward. It would only take a couple of seconds.

I wasn't even aware Bobby had gotten killed as I was so bored during the show that I started tidying a drawer. When I saw him laid out later on I thought he was taking a nap. Either that or one of ZZ Top had a heart attack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think this episode showed how far the show has gone downhill.

Opie was killed a couple of seasons ago and it was 1 of the most heart breaking scenes on TV, the wake scene was almost worse with a brilliant song over it. Bobby is killed and you just have Gemma and a hole in the back yard.

At this stage I'm hoping that the other charters deem Redwood to be out of control/a menace and disband/kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

jd007 wrote: »
    Only reason I'm still watching is cos it's the final season.

This. 100%. I've sat through so many ridiculous episodes especially in the last couple of seasons that I just want to finish the whole feckin thing and get it over with.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought it was a great episode. There I said it.
    Although it should be at the wrapping up stage, there are more threads now to be tied up. The most important being that the other charters are meeting to discuss the future of SAMCRO.
    The p0xy thing about Bobby, I knew it was coming, too much promo done with images of Bobby. And he was the featured guest on the talk show they do after airing the episode.

RIP Bobby Elvis. F*cking Hero.

Oh, Robocop will be the rat. Rat will be an undercover ATF agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭squonk

Aside from Bobby getting his brain airated and nobody really giving a shít, two smaller things jumped out at me this episode that just made me really not care.

First, Gemma shows up at police station. Starts talking to cop. Cop asks Gemma some questions. Gemma gets hostile. Cop gives back as good as they're getting. Gemma gets bitchy and/or violent. How many times have we seen this now? For cop, also insert Doctor, Teacher, anybody else really. I know that's Gemma's character except this time it felt like a Jimmy Fallon sketch or something. If the cop was Fallon and after she pushed him over they cut to her walking onto the show then I'd have laughed. There was that level of "We're just doing this for the craic and it's not really that serious" about it.

Secondly, the cop herself. As was pointed out earlier, she doesn't appear to be doing any police work. More than that though, during the confrontation with Gemma the absolute stinker she came out with saying that her superiors let her run her patch any way she deemed fit was just way beyond belief. I'm sure her superiors are not fine with her consorting with a prominent member of a criminal MC and the fact she's basically corrupt can't have gone unnoticed higher up the ranks either. Come on! Who is Sutter trying to kid here? Christ at least with Uncer you could see that the give and take there actually made sense and his replacement was a breath of fresh air. it's like they didn't even try when the writers formed this character.

At least the fallout over the Indian Hills incident is being taken reasonably seriously. I guess Hector will want Redwood's charter revoked but who knows. I wouldn't mind but in previous seasons where there were incidents of lesser magnitude in other charters it was treated incredibly serously by the entire organisation. This time Jax off's a president of a brother charter without a shred of evidence, consultation or anything else and expects everytrhing to be OK. Aside from that, you'd expect some members of SAMCRO to have a real problem with this but apparently nobody does and they're all behind their leader. WTF?? Earlier on in the show's life, an incident like that would have given rise to a cracking season of inner turmoil, strife, defections and retaliations yet all that has been forgotten this time for some reason. The show is beyond stupid at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I had such high expectations for this season and now I'm really starting to HATE this show just like I ended up hating Dexter!!!

The scene with Chibs and Jarry was the final straw for me. It was completely ridiculous, unnecessary and totally unbelievable!

Obviously real life unbelievable but unbelievable in the show too! Come on like, a sherriff getting off with a criminal on the bonnet of her squad car while another criminal watches?!? Please! Give the viewers some credit, I agree with others here, at this stage I'd believe a zombie coming into the show more than I would believe that scene!!

Kurt Sutter is an absolute joke, it just seems like Gemma would be gone long ago were it not for the fact that he's married to Katey Sagel.

There's only a couple of characters that I actually still watch for now and that's Wendy, Nero and the kids. I couldn't care less what happens to the others and I hope Jax dies too!

Roll on the end of the show so I can stop being annoyed each week at what ridiculousness unfolds! I'm only seeing it out now because it's the final season and I loved the show so much in the early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I just hope Gemma breaks into song in every episode remaining, she has a beautiful singing voice. Her rendition of Greensleeves gave me a hard on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

IrishAlice wrote: »
    I had such high expectations for this season and now I'm really starting to HATE this show just like I ended up hating Dexter!!!

The scene with Chibs and Jarry was the final straw for me. It was completely ridiculous, unnecessary and totally unbelievable!

Obviously real life unbelievable but unbelievable in the show too! Come on like, a sherriff getting off with a criminal on the bonnet of her squad car while another criminal watches?!? Please! Give the viewers some credit, I agree with others here, at this stage I'd believe a zombie coming into the show more than I would believe that scene!!

Kurt Sutter is an absolute joke, it just seems like Gemma would be gone long ago were it not for the fact that he's married to Katey Sagel.

There's only a couple of characters that I actually still watch for now and that's Wendy, Nero and the kids. I couldn't care less what happens to the others and I hope Jax dies too!

Roll on the end of the show so I can stop being annoyed each week at what ridiculousness unfolds! I'm only seeing it out now because it's the final season and I loved the show so much in the early days.

She's was the wife of JT, one of the First 9.
    She was Clays (former President) wife, one of the First 9.
    She is the mother of the current President of the club.

And she is a manipulative b.I.itch. It's easy to see how she has survived this long.

But, I'm well p'eed off with her at this stage, and the fact that she has to start another beef with a female in the show is just ridiculous. But, I'm guessing it's all to do with the reveal that she was the one that killed Tara.
    With the revelation that Lins guy was in a drunk tank at the time of the killing in another state, and Gemma having gone to the station to point him out, it doesnt look good for her. Also, Unser is piecing it together as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,461 ✭✭✭✭Penn

squonk wrote: »
    First, Gemma shows up at police station. Starts talking to cop. Cop asks Gemma some questions. Gemma gets hostile. Cop gives back as good as they're getting. Gemma gets bitchy and/or violent. How many times have we seen this now? For cop, also insert Doctor, Teacher, anybody else really.

I think Katey has in her contract that she has to threaten/slap every other female member of the cast at least once. Was half surprised when Unser was talking to Eglee (the cop who got shot) a few weeks ago that Gemma didn't storm in, slap her and walk out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Unser to be last man standing!!

I think the biggest issue is that the show has became the Gemma Show featuring cameos from the Sons. It's obvious Sutter is trying to make her the star and I'm assuming that she's been given do much of the heavy lifting of late so as to garner awards. Seagal is a great actress but no one can do much with the material from the past few episodes, it's just so generic and bland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

frag420 wrote: »
    Unser to be last man standing!!

Chucky, Unser & Wendy to stroll off into the sunset together.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I'd like to see Nero and Wendy take the kids and go live on this famous ranch he's buying.

I think Jax needs to die at this stage, there's just nothing redeeming about the character anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Clareman wrote: »
    Chucky, Unser & Wendy to stroll off into the sunset together.

Venus and Tig to open a club for trannies and live happy ever after :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This like Arrow I cant even bare to watch them, I downloaded them and i cant bring myself to watch!

Advertisement