Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think that there is a massive finale on the horizon. At the moment, and rather unfortunately, they are trying to set it up and it's just taking too long.

What I foresee, after all this work to get the club straight, I'd say SOA will be getting rid of SAMCRO as a charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The season is just sort of ambling along........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

J@ysus, that episode was just terrible, it's like they don't have enough to fill a season so they figure they'll throw in a filler episode to make sure that everyone know what they are supposed to know. Lets see if I can get everything.
    Jax is conflicted and doesn't know if he's doing the right thing. The club is behind him and love him and will do anything for him. Then at the end the club isn't sure but Jax is.
    Jury has been a slow burn for a few episodes about telling Lin, they just get rid of him in the first 5 minutes. Also, he's all of a sudden a friend of John's, handy that. Throw in some doubt about whether he told Lin and whether Jax's father killed himself or Clay did it for good measure. I reckon the suicide thing is to make Gemma seem better, she gave the ok for Clay to kill him, if he killed himself then Gemma is clear.
    Juice goes from being on his own, to with someone else, to on his own after shooting at police. A local police officer and a retired one can do a deal with him, all of a sudden, even though they know he's going to kill someone, he gets what he wants.
    Gemma is shown as the poor person, losing her birds. I can't remember he having big birds like that, also, what kind of bad guys goes and takes the birds out of the cage, carries them to the bed, kills them there and then makes the bed. Surely it would have been a better thing for them to kill the birds in the cage.
    Why did Gemma have to take the birds out of the bag, just bury them in the bag ffs.
    Nero is the guiding light to save everyone to get them out of Charming.
    Able, sorry kid but you are making Jake Lloyd look like Oscar material.

I can see this all playing out as a big reveal at the end to Jax that Gemma was behind it all just as he's killed by other gang members, I can't see how a club member can kill another club member like that without repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Terrible episode! Despite all that was happening (or not happening) just had this woodpecker at the back of my brain going "This is all bull****". Jax has always been portrayed as being smarter than the average bear. For a long time he's seen through what look like done and dusted things and realized that things were not quite as clear cut as they seem. All of a sudden his missus gets offed and his mammy tells anyone who'll listen that some Chinese guys did it. This despite there not being much evidence to give motive in the first place. Going completely against character, Jax then decides it's payback time and drags the club into a stupid death game that old Jax would have never even considered. Club VP and generally clear-thinking Bobby decides this is a good thing as well. Seriously? I think that's why this season is so shít. It no longer makes sense.

Have to say I feel a bit bad about criticizing the actor playing Abel. He's not fantastic but at the same time, it's a tiny role and he's a small kid. He's not given a bit to work with and I feel pretty bad for taking the piss out of the poor guy all things being told now. His comment to Gemma if she knew what a mistake was was a priceless one though.

I wish they'd stop fecking around with the John thing as well. SOA started out so well basically by being based on Hamlet. Guy kills the old king and starts bumping wobbly bits with the old king's wife very shortly after the funeral to the extent that it looks like the wife was complicit. Murderer becomes the new king. Son is onto the whole scam and isn't happy about it. Tries to put in place events to out the king and eventually kill him. That was fulfilled by Clay's death, even though that was dragged out and happened stupidly in the end. Now we've gone off on a completely batshít crazy tangent. The old king might not have actually been murdered. Maybe he did it himself! Ah seriously, come one! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

There's a possibility that John Teller died of boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Clareman wrote: »
    J@ysus, that episode was just terrible, it's like they don't have enough to fill a season so they figure they'll throw in a filler episode to make sure that everyone know what they are supposed to know. Lets see if I can get everything.
    Jax is conflicted and doesn't know if he's doing the right thing. The club is behind him and love him and will do anything for him. Then at the end the club isn't sure but Jax is.
    Jury has been a slow burn for a few episodes about telling Lin, they just get rid of him in the first 5 minutes. Also, he's all of a sudden a friend of John's, handy that. Throw in some doubt about whether he told Lin and whether Jax's father killed himself or Clay did it for good measure. I reckon the suicide thing is to make Gemma seem better, she gave the ok for Clay to kill him, if he killed himself then Gemma is clear.
    Juice goes from being on his own, to with someone else, to on his own after shooting at police. A local police officer and a retired one can do a deal with him, all of a sudden, even though they know he's going to kill someone, he gets what he wants.
    Gemma is shown as the poor person, losing her birds. I can't remember he having big birds like that, also, what kind of bad guys goes and takes the birds out of the cage, carries them to the bed, kills them there and then makes the bed. Surely it would have been a better thing for them to kill the birds in the cage.
    Why did Gemma have to take the birds out of the bag, just bury them in the bag ffs.
    Nero is the guiding light to save everyone to get them out of Charming.
    Able, sorry kid but you are making Jake Lloyd look like Oscar material.

I can see this all playing out as a big reveal at the end to Jax that Gemma was behind it all just as he's killed by other gang members, I can't see how a club member can kill another club member like that without repercussions.

Gemma is a environmentalism. You don't bury plastic its 2014 now

They might as well just bring Clay back for the last few episodes. Make it so his death was just another one of Jax's harebrained doublebluff schemes and have him ride back in on a glowing unicorn with an AK-47. Then they can all gather for Thanksgiving around Tara's head on a silver platter with the barbecue fork still stuck in her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

LOL! The bag thing did strike me as well. I was thinking "Just throw the blood bag in the ground and cover it up bitch!". It's a poor sign of a show when they've time to show this kind of inane detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

So we didn't find out if the MC got another ipad this week. I hope they do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Was on a par with most of the rest of a poor season so far, only disappointed because it looked like they were beginning to kick for home last week. Its almost impressive how they managed to so completely and utterly kil what small bit of momentum the had managed to build up in the last episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Staplor wrote: »

They upload all their dismemberments to the cloud, so they only need the one tablet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

By the way, am I the only 1 that things their smoking way too much this season. Don't get me wrong I've no problem with smoking but they seem to be going out of their way to have everyone smoking. Bobby's holder looked like a teenager pretending to smoke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The box looked smaller this week, could be just a mini android dealy.

Something which bothered me, after Jax iced Jury, there was blood spatter on his Air Force One's, on the ride back to Gemma's the camera focused on this, at Gemma's blood is still there. Then next scene, gone. So is this some sort of evidence of murder or just a continuity c0ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The box looked smaller this week, could be just a mini android dealy.

Something which bothered me, after Jax iced Jury, there was blood spatter on his Air Force One's, on the ride back to Gemma's the camera focused on this, at Gemma's blood is still there. Then next scene, gone. So is this some sort of evidence of murder or just a continuity c0ck up.

Noticed that too, I thought it was subtlety done, then the big zoom happened, then Barry Scott did a number on the Prez

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

By the way, am I the only 1 that things their smoking way too much this season. Don't get me wrong I've no problem with smoking but they seem to be going out of their way to have everyone smoking. Bobby's holder looked like a teenager pretending to smoke.

Sorry, I've got to agree with this! Was only saying to my husband last week" is it just me or does this season feel like one big ad for smoking?"

I thought as an ex smoker of only a few months I was fixating!

In terms of the outcome, I think Wendy's the one to watch.....

I have it too, I haven't smoked since December last year but this show tempts me! Everybody seems to smoke, like all the time :)

It's almost as if they figure as Constantine was told he couldn't smoke on TV that they are going out of their way to be hard asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I want to know how he keeps those runners so immaculate. I biker in white runners, and that mincey walk of his.

Blogger50 wrote: »

In terms of the outcome, I think Wendy's the one to watch.....

Able will tell Wendy what she heard Gemma say just as Unser has figured it all out.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I want to know how he keeps those runners so immaculate. I biker in white runners, and that mincey walk of his.

Snap

I actually mentioned this to the missus as something that has been annoying me more this season then ever. I dunno why, maybe its cause its so boring it is standing out to me more!

Sad the show went this way really, I will stick it out till the end at this point but there really is very little there anymore.

• Advertisement

Barry Scott did a number on the Prez

BANG and the plot is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I must be the only one still enjoying this. It's always been full of plot holes, cheesiness and mindless violence.
    It's certainly not Sopranos or Breaking Bad and I don't think it was ever meant to be.

Roanmore wrote: »
    I must be the only one still enjoying this. It's always been full of plot holes, cheesiness and mindless violence.
    It's certainly not Sopranos or Breaking Bad and I don't think it was ever meant to be.

I think everyone was able to put up with the "issues" all along because there was always a "good" (Tara), "evil" (Clay) and a thrown between (Jax). This season they are just having Jax trying to do something, which doesn't seem to be making sense while his mother is going mental.

Now a season of Jax doing to Gemma what he did to the Chinese lad, now I think there's a lot of people that would enjoy that, j@ysus she's getting to be very very annoying at this stage, Sutter couldn't make it any more obvious that he's trying to make his wife the star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

This season they are just having Jax trying to do something, which doesn't seem to be making sense while his mother is going mental.

Jax's actions wouldn't make sense normally but his head is full of grief and Gemma's guilt is driving her crazy.

The last episode wasn't very exciting but I think there's a lot of sub plots there (making assumptions),
    Uncer realising Gemma killed Tara
    Wendy falling for Nero
    Indian Hills wanting revenge
    Who is the rat?
    What will happen Bobby?
    Who killed the birds and destroyed the house (Wendy?)

Defo missing Clay and there should be more Tig but I saw a comment criticising the white runners and "mincey" walk, they've been present from the first episode, why bring it up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It's weird because The Shield started slowly and got better season by season.

This started really well and has got worse and worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Jax's actions wouldn't make sense normally but his head is full of grief and Gemma's guilt is driving her crazy.

The last episode wasn't very exciting but I think there's a lot of sub plots there (making assumptions),
    Wendy falling for Nero
    Who is the rat?
    What will happen Bobby?

Defo missing Clay and there should be more Tig but I saw a comment criticising the white runners and "mincey" walk, they've been present from the first episode, why bring it up now?

I think Uncer realises it but i am sure she will kill him to avoid being caught.
    I think Wendy and Nero will end up together.
    The rat just seems odd they are so loyal to each and their has been no indication it was any of them

The birds thing i found odd do we just assume it was the blacks who down it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Abel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I accidently read the recount of ep8 and i couldnt bring myself to watch it. Think I am done with SOA - it really has scraped the bottom of the barrell in the last two episodes

I honestly believe that Sutter has done great final episode ready to go but has no idea how to get there. This entire series has been nothing more than the same storyline recycled week in and week out. It's got to the stage that you know exactly how everything is going to play out from the second an episode begins. At this stage the show is simply treading water waiting to die. There's so little going on that the extended episodes only highlight just how boring its all gotten. I'm catching up with Scorpion and honestly it's a far superior show to Sons, it's just a lot of fun wgich is something that's been missing from Sons for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Wendy falling for Nero
    Who is the rat?
    What will happen Bobby?

Good spot it could have been Wendy who killed the birds and wrote on the wall as Neto asked for her help with Gemma!
    It's a poor final season but nowhere near as bad as Dexter's final season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Anybody watch last nights show?

Advertisement