Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was 911 an INSIDE JOB?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

There are people living in the U.S. who REALLY think 911 was an inside job.

If you live in a place where you think your Government is that crooked, why not leave?

insidejob.jpg

Watch your back, Dick Cheney! Actor Ed Asner, former Dallas Cowboy Mark Stepnoski, and formerly famous hip hop group Arrested Development are leading a petition drive to get a referendum on New York City’s November ballot that would establish a new 9/11 investigation. If the group, called 911 Truth, can collect 30,000 signatures before September 4th, the City Council will be required to consider the measure, which calls for an investigative panel with subpoena authority.

Former Senator Mike Gravel (who would join the panel along with former senator Lincoln Chafee, Asner and 9/11 widow Lorie Van Auken) tells NY Mag that “the original commission didn’t get to the bottom of anything. We need to investigate from scratch.” Among the “Top 40” reasons the group gives to doubt the official story of 9/11, from their website:

* "Al-CIA-da?" The longstanding relationship between US intelligence networks and radical Islamists.
    * Flight 93. Did the Shanksville crash occur at 10:06 (according to a seismic report) or 10:03 (according to the 9/11 Commission)? Does the Commission wish to hide what happened in the last three minutes of the flight, and if so, why?
    * Pentagon Strike. How was it possible the Pentagon was hit 1 hour and 20 minutes after the attacks began? Why was there no response from Andrews Air Force Base, just 10 miles away.

They currently have over 25,000 signatures from New York City residents, and volunteers are fanning out around town, with another (rival?) group, We Are Change, staking out the World Trade Center site (pictured above). So are they just a crowd of unhinged conspiracy theorists locked into a reflexive, anti-establishment world view that’s as paranoid as it is adolescent? Or, rather, vigilant citizens with the clarity see through the all jingoistic lies that thinly veil Dick Cheney’s treasonous agenda? Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

as far as i'm aware Porsche did design the 911 by themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

There are people living in the U.S. who REALLY think 911 was an inside job.
    Apparently around a third believe in some form of inside involvement in the attacks. This must have been very frustrating for the Democratic campaign in the last US election who would have been unable to pander to them without being ripped apart (rightly, imo) as nutjobs. In a small way, I think the 911 conspiracy theorists, by creating a paranoid group that could not be communicated with, helped Bush get back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you live in a place where you think your Government is that crooked, why not leave?

Proabably because the can't afford to, i'd say most of them were caught in the easy credit trap or live below the poverty line.....a bit like Ireland really, we'd all love to live somewhere sunny, we all know the government is crooked but were all to skint to pack up and leave....

Democracy, Trapping people since 1916...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Politics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

Good point about being trapped. But it sure is silly to think about. Oh I forgot, most people don't have any common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

This has been discussed many times here, and the general consensus was yes, it was indeed an inside job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's hardly a general consensus.

humanji wrote: »
    It's hardly a general consensus.

True, there are a few dissidents, but they seem to be dissident about everything really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

1/3 of Americans believe it was an inside job...

So that means 2/3 dont believe the above. Which is the general consensus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

General consensus is that the Americans don't know their arse from there elbow:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

General consensus is that you don't know your "there" from your "their".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm definitely skeptical, but not convinced one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

The problem with the official story is the man in a cave impression it gives. I believe this is the reason many have questioned it at one time or another. There is questioning and coming to conclusions. Inside job is a conclusion. Yes there may be a lot of coincidences, unanswered questions, but "what it looks like" and proof are two seperate entities.

Id be more interested in politics and democracy, whats the new radical idea/political evolution/ is there one?, whats next, who's next and whens the next invasion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

Good point about "THERE" . . . NOW who doesn't know their ass from their elbow?

It wasn't a conspiracy.

Anything big that's ever happened in the World has been questioned.

Wrong, you didn't factor in the undecided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It was 100% definitely, positively, certainly, undoubtedly an inside job.

Not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ive watched a few of the 9/11 documentarys...there pretty good.

the one about the third building colapsying is interesting.

p.s im not sure how to spell colapsying?! and i couldnt be arsed looking it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

Was 911 an inside job?

Oh Puhleeease!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Kernel wrote: »
    This has been discussed many times here, and the general consensus was yes, it was indeed an inside job.

Yeah er if you look at our pentagon immense thread you'll see the consensus wander into the opposite of your "consensus".

Oh OP, We Are Change New York? One of them is charged with punching a girl in a wheelchair. Les Jameison? those 25,000 signatures, he's been gathering for 8 months, he needs, er another 75,000 to make it on the november ballot.

Now if a third of Americans believe 911 was an inside job surely they good do better than 25,000 signatures in 8 months?

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    Yeah er if you look at our pentagon immense thread you'll see the consensus wander into the opposite of your "consensus".

Vocal minority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Oh OP, We Are Change New York? One of them is charged with punching a girl in a wheelchair. Les Jameison? those 25,000 signatures, he's been gathering for 8 months, he needs, er another 75,000 to make it on the november ballot.

you always seem to find the most obscure reasons to pour disdain on people, and lead with that from the start.

I believe there is something in the charter about making the natives restless.

hey maybe the chick in the wheelchair deserved to be punched, you dont know what happened, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Vocal minority.

Ah yes, the "everyone believes me they're just keeping quiet."
    Mahatma wrote:
    maybe the chick in the wheelchair deserved to be punched, you dont know what happened, do you?

Can you think of a circumstance were it would be acceptable to hit a teenage cripple?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I heard a whisper that Tommy tiernan did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

When the teen cripple is a zombie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Iv'e watched a few of the 9/11 documentaries...they're pretty good.

the one about the third building collapsing is interesting.

Agreed. But why hasn't there been a public debate on whether 9/11 was indeed an inside job? The fact that crackpots are the only ones discussing it on internet forums discredits the whole possibility. Politicians won't pay any heed to the question, instantly dismissing it as nonsense and thereby avoiding the whole issue.

For anyone interested, check out any of the albums by New York rapper Immortal Technique. Hes part of the 9/11 truth movement and provides some intriguing evidence in his raps of American collusion in the attacks. Hes very intelligent and articulate so don't mix him up with your average idiot rappers you see on MTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I consider myself a rational individual and I am 100% convinced that the CIA were involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

phenomenon wrote: »
    For anyone interested, check out any of the albums by New York rapper Immortal Technique. Hes part of the 9/11 truth movement and provides some intriguing evidence in his raps of American collusion in the attacks. Hes very intelligent and articulate so don't mix him up with your average idiot rappers you see on MTV.

His Revoution Vol 1 album is good. Fairly gangster and hard hitting. I havent heard anything that new, but the "bush knocked down the towers" song isnt very articulate at all.
    "Bin Laden" and "Impeach the President"

Before the presidential race in November 2004, the Immortal Technique song "Bin Laden", (also known as 'Tell The Truth'[6]) featuring Mos Def (and later featuring Eminem, using backmasking) and produced by DJ Green Lantern, emerged on Shade 45: Sirius Bizness. However, it took almost half a year until it was officially released on a 12" vinyl single in the summer of 2005. The single also contained a remix of the song featuring hip-hop legends Chuck D of Public Enemy and KRS-One. The song lyrics imply that George W. Bush and previous Republican administrations were largely responsible for the September 11, 2001 attacks. This was not meant in a literal sense, Immortal wrote on his website (9/7/05 news post), "I wrote in "The Cause of Death" that Bush was not responsible directly, that he didn't plan 9/11, but he and his definitely benefited from the end result of all those people dying.
    I largely agree with him, flip flop or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I consider myself a rational individual and I am 100% convinced that the CIA were involved.
    David Icke considers himself a rational person and he believes Lizard men did it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Wrong, you didn't factor in the undecided.

Actually, yes, he did.

Had he stated that 2/3 believe that 911 was not an inside job, then he would be guilty of not factoring in the undecided.

Thats not what was said though. What was said is that 2/3 do not believe that it was.

If you are undecided, then you do not believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement