Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Oh I downloaded that TVU player and got a stream from Rojadirect
    worked perfect ;)

I reckon that will save me $$$$ and probably a few extra months of my liver
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ghey!

Shut it pasty :pac:
    hussey wrote: »
    Oh I downloaded that TVU player and got a stream from Rojadirect
    worked perfect ;)

I reckon that will save me $$$$ and probably a few extra months of my liver
    ;)

Ha yeah it's the business. Watched Chelsea/Arsenal on it last night.

On Saturday I had the Boro game on TVU and the Villa game on Justin.tv. Both windows side by side. Both finished 0-0 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Shut it pasty :pac:

I'll have you know I have a fantastic farmers tan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, you and me both... damned short sleeve wetsuit...

haha, you and me both... damned short sleeve wetsuit...

You wear a wetsuit when you're sunbathing??:eek::D

• Advertisement

i don't sunbathe. i surf. unfortunately, im not good enough at it that i can do it at night and avoid the sun altogether.

found a picture there of me exactly a year ago, and im so pale, the sun is just reflecting off me... im now beige, with nicely tanned freckles from the sleeves down, and neck up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

*sigh*

Immigration drama does not seem to be subsiding. I haven't heard a peep from Immigration, meaning my application has not been assigned a case officer and is going nowhere. Seeming as it's xmas soon I think we can safely say no work is being done in there at the moment and it is very unlikely I'll have my residency by May.

I can get a temp work visa which is valid for two years. I'm going to apply for that as soon as I can - just to keep me sane. Problem is it's another $280 and having already spent over $1100 on my residency application I'm reluctant to hand over more money to them, especially as that when my residency does come in I have to give them another $300 just to get them to put stickers in my passport. If I apply for the work permit and get residency soon after I'll have to fork out all my hard earned cash.

I wish I'd just applied for the work permit in the first place but I honestly though residency would not take this long and it would be better all round to have residency in NZ.

Grrrrrr. I feel better after a rant anyway. At least I'm not going to be deported (yet) but it honestly is so so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I got my permanent visa papers for application on Monday. I have to return everything in two months from date of letter. Which is fine, except I'm moving house in less than two weeks, plus there's Christmas, plus the summer holiday... Watch this space, for when I return in 6 weeks howling that I have no time to do anything.

arrgh, sorry to hear, watna, you know my heart goes out to you on that one...

so ****ing expensive, it's unreal. ive a horrible feeling im gonna have to do extra health requirement tests for my aussie WHV as well, which, i can't help but think will cost money too. :(

Interesting night last night. Some loon decided to drive a 4WD into the police station around the corner. He'd loaded the back of it with loads of flammable stuff and the whole place went up. $500,000 worth of damage.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=112169

• Advertisement

Christmas party today! Wahoo! Free beer!

Not quite as warm here today as it was yesterday. 38 degrees was fun to say the least!

We're you out in your Speedos working on your Man Tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

6 days off work as of 5pm today! wooh!

had a decent enough weekend. Just relaxed, had a few beers, watched a bitta telly.
    Was meant to go to toronga zoo but it pissed rainin all friday. shoudla gone saturday! Ah well, i'll go next saturday. Im off to the IMAX for 6pm for Santa v The Snowman in 3D! :pac:

We're you out in your Speedos working on your Man Tan?

Bloody right I was!

Some of the talent on show at the pool was quite ridiculous. The pervin shades came in very, very handy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Some of the talent on show at the pool was quite ridiculous. The pervin shades came in very, very handy! :D
    Quite the regular down there mister.

Have you managed to get the mini wireless camera sorted yet?

My OH has pervin glasses. He tells me when he sees hot girls!

Anyone think we should mess with the drunk guy in AH a bit? We could do a few pronged attack and get inside his head!

dSTAR wrote: »
    Quite the regular down there mister.

Have you managed to get the mini wireless camera sorted yet?

Ah tis summer so has to be done. Nothin like a lazy Sunday.

Hopefully the camera will be operational soon. Might try sew one into a pair of boardies.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Hopefully the camera will be operational soon. Might try sew one into a pair of boardies.
    I don't care where the camera is as long as the pics are kwality :D
    watna wrote:
    Anyone think we should mess with the drunk guy in AH a bit? We could do a few pronged attack and get inside his head!
    Just about to wrap it up for the day. By the time I get home he will most likely be crashed in a drunken stupor. What cracks me up is that he keeps thanking people that are obviously bagging him.

Got a Christmas present from my boss today.

It's an ipod touch. I can honestly say it's the best present I've ever got. For the first time in my life I was really speechless. I'm syncing it now and am so excited. I've been saving for one which my boss knew so it was so thoughtful.

So my day pretty much rocked! :D

• Advertisement

:eek:

awesome! we're doing a $5 secret santa in work. whoa.

:eek:

awesome! we're doing a $5 secret santa in work. whoa.

Think we're doing that too. It'll be a trip to the $2 shop for me!

Oh's present is mainly from the $2 shop. I bought him a stocking and put lots of funny things in it. I also got 2 good computery things he wanted that are really small so they're going in the stocking too!

my fella's going to see maiden with two of his mates. i forgot to mention to one of his mates that he didnt know he was going yet... few awkward moments with me standing behind my fella making throat-cutty motions at his mate to stfu.

don't *think* he knows...

he got me my pressy early, in the form of the first series of skins on dvd, early cos ill not likely have anything to watch it on once im in melbourne! (actually, apparnetly 80% of accommodation on flatfinders.com.au dont have any beds, so good chance im on an airbed for about 6months :rolleyes:)

My Christmas party starte at 12pm - it's not 8.40 pm and I'm hammered.

Just home and trying to sober up - parents arrive tomorrow. Can't be a hungover pukey mc pukerson! :D

watna wrote: »
    Just home and trying to sober up - parents arrive tomorrow. Can't be a hungover pukey mc pukerson! :D
    Lots of water and vitamins before bed and you will be good to go.

Have a good one :)

dSTAR wrote: »
    Lots of water and vitamins before bed and you will be good to go.

Have a good one :)

i'veb had mcdonalds and diet coke. will that be ok?

watna wrote: »
    i'veb had mcdonalds and diet coke. will that be ok?
    Last time I had Macca's after a night on the sauce it repeated on me the whole night and I think I actually got up to chuck at one stage. It was pretty ugghhhh!

By the time you see your parents you will most likely be so excited to see them that you will forget about your hangover. They will probably be a little jet lagged too so relaxay vous :)

I think I need a sunbathing lesson off Xavi. I sat on the beach for 20 mins yesterday and now I'm absolutely roasted. 'Lobster' doesn't even describe it!

watch it mate, at least 4 times more likely to get skin cancer living here than most other places in the world.

and aww :( the only thing that was making me feel really positive about going to melbourne was all the surfing i'd get to do. now ive discovered a pretty bad ding in my board, letting in the water and the sand... gonna cost nearly as much as the board did to fix it, now the question is... do i do that, or sell it and buy a new one?

man, i *DO NOT* need that kinda expense now, im outta work till probably february :eek:

• Advertisement

I think I need a sunbathing lesson off Xavi. I sat on the beach for 20 mins yesterday and now I'm absolutely roasted. 'Lobster' doesn't even describe it!

Ha ha hate that!

Just in from a bit of body boarding. Weird doing it on a Monday afternoon! Weathers' beautiful, though the swell wasn't too big. Still caught some crackers though.

Advertisement