Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's three thirty three on thursday.

i am so over that. -.-

He has a bit of a marmite voice alright!

oh don't get me started on bleedin marmite! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

it's three thirty three on thursday.

i am so over that. -.-

Only a mild 28 here :(

... hehe, no, thanks be to jebus, it's not gotten that hot down here yet.

but i said something to that general effect at work today, followed by my darling colleagues rippin it outta me cos of my accent. apparently 'thirty' sounded like 'turdy'. oh c'mon, turd?! they try say 'deck', and say 'dick'!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

... hehe, no, thanks be to jebus, it's not gotten that hot down here yet.

but i said something to that general effect at work today, followed by my darling colleagues rippin it outta me cos of my accent. apparently 'thirty' sounded like 'turdy'. oh c'mon, turd?! they try say 'deck', and say 'dick'!

Ask them to say paw, poor and pour. The end up saying poh, poh and poh and don't realise how rediculous it is!

• Advertisement

hehe, but they can't hear it! like our friend jen is very different to the drink gin, and get them to say both, and it's like 'gin', 'gin', absolutely convinced they can do it right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol ye and "bed" and ten" sound more like "bead" and "teen".

i can't believe i forgot to request some boomtown rats, or clannad, or... enya!

haha!

has anyone else found themselves saying 'yip' instead of 'yep'?

also, Bman, are you in ozzie or nz? cos i'd say that bed and ten sounded more like 'bid' and 'tin'.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24675808-421,00.html
    Driver convicted for penis in pasta jar

A MAN caught by police with his penis inside a pasta sauce jar was still pleasuring himself while resisting arrest, a court has been told.

Police drew their weapons after New South Wales man Keith Roy Weatherley, 46, led them on a brief, slow-speed car chase, the Newcastle Herald reports.

Weatherley attracted police attention while he was parked in a no-stopping zone near Nobby's Beach on October 26, Newcastle Local Court was told yesterday.

Police thought he might have a weapon because they saw him doing something with his hands in his lap, the Herald said.

Instead, they found him partially clothed with his genitals in a jar, a police statement said.

That's when the pursuit began, the court was told.

When Weatherley was stopped, he refused to leave his car and four officers used batons and capsicum spray to get him out.

They found a 750mm jar around his penis and said Weatherley attempted to continue "pleasuring himself in between bouts of wrestling".

Weatherley pleaded guilty to offensive behaviour, resisting police and disobeying a police direction.

He was convicted and fined $600.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Thats so crazy Xavi. I was reading this story on the train in one of these freebie papers called Mx and you sprung to mind straight away. I was actually thinking about posting it because I knew it would cause you much mirth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Ah Bogans! Our lives would be empty without they're crazy antics to entertain us!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Reckon my house will be finished inside the next three weeks. (Reckon I've started to start my sentences with reckon without noticing it.)

Weather needs to improve more though. Was cold this morning! Gah!

Ask them to say paw, poor and pour. The end up saying poh, poh and poh and don't realise how rediculous it is!

you know what,? i did that last night. then one of hte girls said it's like the 'three hairs'... im thinking... three?! hare, hair, and....

here.

no really. that's the third 'hair'.

come on!

they continued to take the piss on the 'thur' thing. and then, i swaer twas a set up, one of hte kids walks in this morning with a '36' jumper on. i swear, it's a set up.

Reckon my house will be finished inside the next three weeks. (Reckon I've started to start my sentences with reckon without noticing it.)

Weather needs to improve more though. Was cold this morning! Gah!

Did you build from scratch or was it renovations?

And yes, it was bloody freezing in Melbourne last night. So changeable around here, it was 33/34 in the middle of last week, the cold this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Yeah, the weather's been absolutely shithouse here lately. Not looking forward to tomorrow, a month's worth of rain forecast for the afternoon, with the wind howling outside, and it's only going to be 16 degrees. I may as well be back at home! At least the pub crawl I'm going on should be a good distraction...

Building from scratch. Takes ages.

At one stage I was going to build a strawbale house (with my ex) which has very good insulation qualities. It doesn't heat up as much as brick in the summer and retains heat in the winter. Theres lots of little pockets of hippydom in parts of Country Vic that have these little alternative communities which really appeals to me.

Yeah this is true - country Vic isn't a bad place to live actually - I definitely love having more space, though our community really aren't that radical. We just went for a project build, but building always just takes longer than you thought it would. :D

Feckin pricks in work making me go to some awards thing tomorrow. It's meant to be sunny so my plan was to top up the oul tan by the pool. Instead I have to go and meet a bunch of **** and basically tell them that if they advertise on our site then I will write a story bigging up their company. Not happy :mad:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Feckin pricks in work making me go to some awards thing tomorrow. It's meant to be sunny so my plan was to top up the oul tan by the pool. Instead I have to go and meet a bunch of **** and basically tell them that if they advertise on our site then I will write a story bigging up their company. Not happy :mad:
    Mate .. you always seem to be hanging down the beach or poolside if you are not on boards. You really must stop bludging and pullin sickies :D

• Advertisement

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, finally heard from immigration.

there's enough qualified kiwis to do my job apparently. yeah right, but whatever. either way, they say i can give them some additional information.. (what, i dont know), but if that fails to change their mind, im deported in ... ooh... 29 days.

:'(

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, finally heard from immigration.

there's enough qualified kiwis to do my job apparently. yeah right, but whatever. either way, they say i can give them some additional information.. (what, i dont know), but if that fails to change their mind, im deported in ... ooh... 29 days.

:'(
    Fear not.

Do what most kiwis do. Come to Australia. Sign on and screw our wimmins.

No dramas really

;)

ive actually just started a thread about that. but it really is ****ed up. if im in oz,ill just be working day and feckin night to be able to save up and fly back over here as often as possible.

ive actually just started a thread about that. but it really is ****ed up. if im in oz,ill just be working day and feckin night to be able to save up and fly back over here as often as possible.
    But why would you want to go back?

Talk to Xavi6 man. He works a couple of hours a week and spends the rest of the time basking beside the pool or chatting up chicks at the beach.

the ONLY reason im on this side of the planet is to be iwth my fella. so not being allowed in the same country as him is a big bad thing.

so the reason id want to go back is so's i could be with him. and that xavi bastid probably has some sort of fanceh edumacation that makes countries like him.

so the reason id want to go back is so's i could be with him. and that xavi bastid probably has some sort of fanceh edumacation that makes countries like him.
    Don't be taken in by Xavi6. He is a con artist and a pimp. Nevertheless he is successful at what he does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

So anything exciting happen the weekend?
    I was suppose to go to races but that was washed out - instead just drank myself silly in the city - great craic
    :pac:

Went to the races on Saturday myself for 'work'. There was an industry awards ceremony on that I had to cover.

Yesterday went up north to Yanchep and Two Rocks for the afternoon. Did a bit of sunbathing. Watched the match last night in the Perth Man City supporters bar.

Went camping at the weekend...good craic. We bought a tent which is ridiculously big. I can't believe the size of the tents these days. It would comfortably sleep 8 and it was only about $290.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Did a bit of sunbathing.

Ghey!

Advertisement