Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fishal Olympics Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

looking at his next opponent there , if he faces the chinese lad he may have to deal with a few home town points . IMO
    Having said that he is start to show his class now in the 3rd .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

Dodge wrote: »
    Because they don't make losing semi finalists fight for bronze. It'd be too much to ask if thye got a heavy beating in the semi.

Oh and I watched it on the RTE player. Soprry if that doesn't help you overseas :o

ah crap. highlights on later i think on eurosport should be able to find it somewhere, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For all the guys at work. You need Internet Explorer for this. Here is the an official european online site with 36 channels, theres no commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Great stuff. Watched it online in work. All I could do not to scream.

Little fact for you. Barnes was the 100th fighter to box for Ireland in the Olympics and wins our 10th medal. A great return by any standard

get you - Jimmy Magee move over (please!!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That explains that - I thought RTE were getting ahead of themselves.
    Thank you.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    looking at his next opponent there , if he faces the chinese lad he may have to deal with a few home town points . IMO
    Having said that he is start to show his class now in the 3rd against a world champ.

Zou is the best fighter in the competition and probably pre tournie favourite for the Val Barker (altough struggled in his last fight) so I wouldnt hold out too much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Having said that he is start to show his class now in the 3rd against a world champ.

he's a quality boxer regardless. been favourite for thsi for the past 3 years and current world champion. he jsut beatthe kazakh handily enough. Wearing gold boots too.

get you - Jimmy Magee move over (please!!)

Well in fairness it was Magee who told be he was the 100th boxer at the weekend. I knew the rest ;)

eagle eye wrote: »
    For all the guys at work. You need Internet Explorer for this. Here is the an official european online site with 36 channels, theres no commentary.

sound out. hit and miss is it? clicked on 5 based on pic but weightliftin on. will try others

live 03 has it, nice one again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

he's a quality boxer regardless. been favourite for thsi for the past 3 years and current world champion. he jsut beatthe kazakh handily enough. Wearing gold boots too.

Jesus lads ye sound like dowling , listen to him now, paddy should not turn up :D I am taking Dunnes view that paddy will get in his face and you just never know:P

Jesus lads ye sound like dowling , listen to him now, paddy should not turn up :D I am taking Dunnes view that paddy will get in his face and you just never know:P

I was just replying to your "home town" thing. I've already had to stop others on different forums from saying he's won a bronze. He's guaranteed AT LEAST a brinze ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,049 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Barnes did brilliant and deserves the medal. Next to the tough and awkward Chinaman.
    He looks bigger than Paddy, but Paddy's heart is as big as they come. I think he will put up a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭megadodge

ADA BOY PADDY !!!!

He is rapidly becoming my favourite boxer.
    Completely fearless, massive determination but also very, very sound boxing fundamentals.

Brilliant display.

mongol purevdorj thru 5-1, , hernandez up now against carvalho. hernandez has won 12-1 and 21-3 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

walshb wrote: »
    . Next to the tough and awkward Chinaman.

who beat Barnes before 2007 Chicago (Amateur Championship) 22-8

megadodge wrote: »
    ADA BOY PADDY !!!!

He is rapidly becoming my favourite boxer.
    Completely fearless, massive determination but also very, very sound boxing fundamentals.

Brilliant display.

Forgetting his obvious talent, it's his attitude and passion that has really impressed me!

davidoco: Yes the Chinaman did beat Barnes in the semi final in Chicago

davidoco wrote: »
    who beat Barnes before 2007 Chicago (Amateur Championship) 22-8

is that a question or do you know it was Zou

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

makl wrote: »
    sound out. hit and miss is it? clicked on 5 based on pic but weightliftin on. will try others
    Theres a programme guide beside where its playing.

anyone see hernandez there? missed end result, but about 19-6 wit 20 secs. top boxin against tough brazilian. cuba skipped chicago btw.

• Advertisement

Barnes lost to Zou in the quarters, not semis in Chicago.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Theres a programme guide beside where its playing.

mine loaded up html version first so all script was below links. sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Live 03 for the boxing on eurovisiosports.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Only managed to catch the last 2 rounds but he looked far better than the other lad, congrats to Paddy.

whens the semi-final on lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i know people are writing paddy now off but i think this could be a 50/50 fight..either way he has done us proud..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Only managed to catch the last 2 rounds but he looked far better than the other lad, congrats to Paddy.

whens the semi-final on lads?

Friday. Roughly same time

Barnes lost to Zou in the quarters, not semis in Chicago.

Well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭megadodge

walshb wrote: »
    Forgetting his obvious talent, it's his attitude and passion that has really impressed me!

That's why he's rapidly becoming my favourite boxer !!

Tony Jeffries 5-1 up at half way stage. It'd beak my heart to see him medal and Egan missout. I'm very, very nervous about this one

• Advertisement

massive chance of gettin to final when he does fight jeffries ;)

Advertisement