Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lemming wrote: »
    Flight Tickets?
    Train Tickets?
    Berget Ticket + transport ticket?
    Accommodation?

Passport?

AEG + Flight-case
    Secondary?

Clothes?
    Webbing?
    Sleeping bag + Ground mat?
    Food?
    BBs?
    Money?

It's that easy.

Literally stopped my freak out after reading that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

OzCam wrote: »
    Does anyone who's not going have a case they could lend me for a week?

Jasus Oz you've had months to get one sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TheDoc wrote: »
    Literally stopped my freak out after reading that

Forgot to add Armband ID to that too. Everything after that is optional

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

OzCam wrote: »
    Does anyone who's not going have a case they could lend me for a week?

suit case, pencil case, nut case,brief case???

cause if its a storm case id imagine you'd be owa luck thought you of all folk would off had one off them been a scout leader and all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Jasus Oz you've had months to get one sorted

Yeah, true, sorry. Had a few other things on my mind.
    moggser wrote: »
    suit case, pencil case, nut case,brief case???

cause if its a storm case id imagine you'd be owa luck thought you of all folk would off had one off them been a scout leader and all

Have all those cases Mog. :) Never was a scout, unfortunately. I was hoping to avoid buying a case just for this trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Flight Tickets? Somebody sorted it for me
    Train Tickets? Somebody sorted it for me
    Berget Ticket + transport ticket? Somebody sorted it for me
    Accommodation? Somebody sorted it for me

Passport? Somebody sorted it for me last year

AEG + Flight-case Somebody sorted it for me last year
    Secondary? not like you need it, take somebody elses

Clothes? There around
    Webbing? Somewhere
    Sleeping bag + Ground mat? cleverly hidden in a Bin at last years event. They await my return
    Food? Yes please
    BBs? Would be handy
    Money? .50c

It's that easy.

It sure is. Whats the panic about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

kjsaw wrote: »
    http://maps.live.com/?v=2&encType=1&cid=A1C5D143E2C2C948!136

Garderoben; MRE + general airsoft gear. You should contact them ahead of time to make sure anything you want is in stock, and ask them to set it aside, if there are any issues let me know and I can pay them a visit. http://www.garderoben.se/produkt.php?id=1149

Naturkompaniet; General camping and outdoor store; link to freezedried food (just add boiling water). There is one of these just around the corner from the above place.
    All stores: http://www.naturkompaniet.se/Shop/AllShops.aspx?id=5664)
    Online store, food section: http://www.naturkompaniet.se/Product/ProductList.aspx?id=5713&_path=5665;5713

Terrang; used to be called military shop. Has tac and general outdoor gear. http://www.terrang.se/start http://www.terrang.se/stockholm

Just FYI, I have added some more places to the map linked above.

Guys I know I sound like a broken record, but have we got absolute CONCRETE clarification on what weight limit is for the flight.

Scanlant seemingly got told

8kg Carry on
    20kg Check in baggage
    25-30kg check sporting equipment

Making a total of maximum 50kg check in

I rang them again this morning ( third time ) and got told ANOTHER different anwser.

8kg carry on
    20kg check in
    20kg sporting equipment check in

I asked to speak to the call centre manager as I was receiving numerous different numbers and was told there was no one available but the guy was 100% sure and anything else I've been told was wrong.

Its ****ing annoying me I cant get a straight answer out of them.

I just want to know so I can save on my check in luggage cause I havnt got that much, but its a small bag and would be handy to pack the storm case to the brim, but want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

TheDoc wrote: »
    Guys I know I sound like a broken record, but have we got absolute CONCRETE clarification on what weight limit is for the flight.

Scanlant seemingly got told

8kg Carry on
    20kg Check in baggage
    25-30kg check sporting equipment

Making a total of maximum 50kg check in

I rang them again this morning ( third time ) and got told ANOTHER different anwser.

8kg carry on
    20kg check in
    20kg sporting equipment check in

I asked to speak to the call centre manager as I was receiving numerous different numbers and was told there was no one available but the guy was 100% sure and anything else I've been told was wrong.

Its ****ing annoying me I cant get a straight answer out of them.

I just want to know so I can save on my check in luggage cause I havnt got that much, but its a small bag and would be handy to pack the storm case to the brim, but want to know.

And I was under the impression it was 15kg for the flight case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

In my storm case I have:

VFC 416
    JG 416
    2 EOTechs
    4x Magnifier
    Wilson Combat 1911
    Mags : 2 for 1911, 8x PMAG.

Comes to 19.5kg. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

gerrowadat wrote: »
    In my storm case I have:

VFC 416
    JG 416
    2 EOTechs
    4x Magnifier
    Wilson Combat 1911

Comes to 19.5kg. Sorted.

Also, 20kg is heavy Bear in mind that your carry-on will be mainly civvie **** (clothes etc), so that 20kg of checked is just airsoft kit. I pack a giant bag to go to the states every few months for 2 weeks, that rarely goes over 15kg. I don't think I even own 20kg of airsoft kit apart from guns.

Aye, I can travel europe for a month with only 12kg of kit, only half of which is clothes :)

The most space consuming part of my checked bag will be Belt rig and multicam gear, civvie clothes I could fit in my carry-on.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Aye, I can travel europe for a month with only 12kg of kit, only half of which is clothes :)

The most space consuming part of my checked bag will be Belt rig and multicam gear, civvie clothes I could fit in my carry-on.

Were not wearing BDU, chest rigs, vest and boots onto plane to save space?

That might not go down so well with security, you may as well be reading "Airplane Hijacking for Dummies" while waiting to board too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Flight Tickets?
    Train Tickets?
    Berget Ticket + transport ticket?
    Accommodation?

Passport?

AEG + Flight-case
    Secondary?

Clothes?
    Webbing?
    Sleeping bag + Ground mat?
    Food?
    BBs?
    Money?

It's that easy.

Oh yeah, I get ya.
    But what I'm saying is, make a bollocks of any one of those things, and the whole game will be ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Oh yeah, I get ya.
    But what I'm saying is, make a bollocks of any one of those things, and the whole game will be ****ed.

Stop worrying about it and just do it. Honestly. Come on folks. It's just a holiday.

With airsoft guns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

@kdouglas: arm band received, fair play they look great. i'll buy you a pint in stockholm!

gerrowadat wrote: »
    In my storm case I have:

VFC 416
    JG 416
    2 EOTechs
    4x Magnifier
    Wilson Combat 1911

Comes to 19.5kg. Sorted.

What's with the two rifles?

@kdouglas: arm band received, fair play they look great. i'll buy you a pint in stockholm!

No problem, glad you're happy.

What's with the two rifles?

Spare incase one dies, gerrout is known for killing perfectly good AEGs :p

I'm bringing a spare too anyway, and a couple of gears/pistons just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

kdouglas wrote: »
    No problem, glad you're happy.

Jesus, forgot about those. Is it alright if I collect it at the airport or some time next week?
    Spare incase one dies, gerrout is known for killing perfectly good AEGs :p

I'm bringing a spare too anyway, and a couple of gears/pistons just incase

Same reason I'm bringing 2 aswell (VFC 416 and SCAR-L) :D
    No spares though, but I suppose I could buy some kit at one of the retailer stands if pushed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'm already bringing two rifles so I'll probably just bring a spare version 3 gearbox incase the aeg goes down :P

scanlant wrote: »
    Jesus, forgot about those. Is it alright if I collect it at the airport or some time next week?

No problem, I have our section's ones all together and will be handing them out at the airport/in stockholm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

completely forgot about it, thanks kd.

If your gun dies you borrow two pistols and matrix the **** out of those woods.

Odds are your going to get into very few actual firefights and with the limited ammo you really don't have a very high percentage of something actually breaking. And if it does you still have the walk back to camp to get your second rifle. So enjoy that 2-3 hour hike up and back and then actually finding your unit.

There are parts available on site, repair services available on site and if your gun is down you will have time to fix it.

My gun went down at the very start of the largest firefight last year and I got six headshots with a pistol.

This is true, I might just bring the one AEG and a couple of spare parts to be honest.

If your gun dies you borrow two pistols and matrix the **** out of those woods.

Odds are your going to get into very few actual firefights and with the limited ammo you really don't have a very high percentage of something actually breaking. And if it does you still have the walk back to camp to get your second rifle. So enjoy that 2-3 hour hike up and back and then actually finding your unit.

There are parts available on site, repair services available on site and if your gun is down you will have time to fix it.

My gun went down at the very start of the largest firefight last year and I got six headshots with a pistol.

After witnessing the lemming debacle with the m60 I'm literally not letting anyone touch my rifle over there, so if something goes tits up, its back in the case and whip out the new one.

Plus my rifles are so awesomely tuned by richies magic, any mere mortal who opens them will literally implode from the epicness of it all....

" This....this gun has no gears yet it fires 26 rps..."

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

After witnessing the lemming debacle with the m60

Jesus i guilt still haunts me :( , i will make it up to you lemming one day

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

also a good idea to clean out the barrel every day after the game i got sand in mine last year and managed to jam 10 bb's in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

also a good idea to clean out the barrel every day after the game i got sand in mine last year and managed to jam 10 bb's in it

something people should be doing after every day skirmishing, finally got people doing it down in cork got a lot of surprised people when they got a 20+ fps increase and there grouping went from 4 foot to 1 foot across :)

is that 10 blocks or 10 bb in one go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

...yes, very camp sometimes... but anyway...

A post on the BE forum I saw today reminded me that beds will not be allowed in the Berget tents. I disagree with the reasoning behind this (so don't moan at me), but that's what the rules say.

If you're planning on bringing a bed, it's probably best to save yourself the effort unless you're also bringing your own tent.

Advertisement