Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

should have 4 medic armbands with me for whoever needs one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

How about wounded bands, is anyone doing an order for them?

I have the same one i made from last year, bought an orange safety vest for about a fiver, cut a flag out of it, and stuck it onto the telescopic handle from an inspection mirror, works great as it has a pen holder clip on it so you can just attach it to your clothing while hiking back to spawn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I got 10 orange microfiber cloths for my squad off ebay. Double as goggle cloths. Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Can I ask those of you who were at Berget last year what the PMR comms were like? Useful? Unusable mess of noise & static?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

if i remember rightly comms on the first day were a bit of a mess and could be intermitant. but worked most of the time. of course the time they didnt work was when you really needed them :)

It did take them a day or so to get the "repeaters" working, without them the range was limited. otherwise it wasnt too bad. I just had my 30 quid radio from maplins which worked perfectly even if the range was a bit limited due to the cover, but you will need and ear piece. mine was always set to volume 1, but it seems like it was damn loud at 2 am when you are trying to sneak through the bushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Skatedude wrote: »
    It did take them a day or so to get the "repeaters" working, without them the range was limited. otherwise it wasnt too bad. I just had my 30 quid radio from maplins which worked perfectly even if the range was a bit limited due to the cover, but you will need and ear piece. mine was always set to volume 1, but it seems like it was damn loud at 2 am when you are trying to sneak through the bushes.

The repeaters were for, if I recall, the high power units, not section/platoon PMR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

There is a radio plan, but it will not be released until the last minute.

Because the PMR band will be very crowded, intra-section comms will mostly be hand signal and voice, says [deleted].

Anyone who's got a radio that's a pain to change, like some of the Motorolas, might do well to brush up on the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

kdouglas wrote: »
    Anyone who wants armbands from me I need the following details;

Name:
    Address:
    Armband ID:

Email above to armbands@airsofthacks.com
    (Note: Im just using this as a convenient email address, this is not an airsofthacks product and is being supplied at cost price)

Once I have a definite number on who wants them I'll be asking for paypal payment to cover Cost of armband + printing numbers + postage (55c stamp and an envelope :) ) + paypal fees. It should work out hopefully no more than 6 euro, closer to 5 if I can.

I will need paypal payment before I place the order, so i'm putting a deadline of this Friday (22nd) on these, and will subsequently need payment by Monday 25th.

Bump, need these details by tomorrow so that I can get a final price based on quantity from the manufacturer, anyone else interested email me please.

• Advertisement

guys, I need help with the foam on the stormcase.

I was talking to Doc on Saturday, and he said I need a hot craft knife to cut the foam properly, the thing is, I don't have the foggiest where to get one or more importantly, how to use them.

Is there anyone that can help me? I'd really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

scanlant wrote: »

I was talking to Doc on Saturday, and he said I need a hot craft knife to cut the foam properly, the thing is, I don't have the foggiest where to get one or more importantly, how to use them.

If memory serves me right Games Workshop in Blanchardstown
    and the City Centre have them they cost about E15-E20
    and stink like hell when cutting polystyrene don't know
    about foam though..

Its fairly simple to use them just let it heat up and
    cut along your lines, stay inside them now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

scanlant wrote: »

I heard you can heat a butter knife over a gas ring and cut foam

Flecktarn wrote: »
    I heard you can heat a butter knife over a gas ring and cut foam

yeah, I was initially thinking of using a pen knife, but might now use a heated one.

It's a fairly easy shape to cut (H&K 416) so it shouldn't be too hard.
    However, if someone that has one that could help, I'd appreciate it.

Richie mentioned a fitting Maplin might have for a soldering iron that would do something similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yep you can get a blade attachment for a soldering iron in maplin that does the job perfectly. alternatively, you could just use a sharp knife heated up on the stove though. :)

I tried cutting foam before using a hot soldering iron, there's a lot of very nasty fumes comes off it when burnt. I'd recommend doing it directly underneath the extractor fan for your oven set on high or outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Percentage chances please of me getting

A) High
    B) Brain damage

from inhaling the fumes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TheDoc wrote: »
    Percentage chances please of me getting

A) High
    B) Brain damage

from inhaling the fumes

A, most likely.

B ... nah, to get brain damage you have to have a brain in the first place

Touche

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    A, most likely.

B ... nah, to get brain damage you have to have a brain in the first place

Doc just got a pwn call :D

Got the armbands from the manufacturer today, I specified it should fit from tiny little girl arms up to "bigger". They came back with a rather ingenious idea of using elastic instead of velcro, et voila;

DSC00176%20(Small).JPG

DSC00177%20(Small).JPG

DSC00179%20(Small).JPG

Final pricing will be sorted later as soon as I get a chance to figure out the costs of the other bits and will email everyone who has contacted me for one.

Excellent, really professionally done.
    Thanks for ordering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Perfect dude :)

Also, if they should accidentally rotate towards the rear ;) the black elastic will stand out against a uniform much less than the blue will... :cool:

email sent to those who requested armbands regarding payment.

OzCam wrote: »
    Also, if they should accidentally rotate towards the rear ;) the black elastic will stand out against a uniform much less than the blue will... :cool:

Yeh dooorty cheatbox yeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

The new maps been released its on the NATO forum which you should all have acess to so dont paste it here

Preliminary information about the radio plan has been posted in a "Squad Radios" thread on the NATO forum in the BE website.

The PMR channels will be very busy, we'll have to keep it short and sweet.

• Advertisement

Id advise being prepared to not use radios at all on squad level. I know im not planning on using one.

Advertisement