Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

scanlant wrote: »
    Do you have spare Na Fianna patches for Berget kd?

I just had a gander on airsofthacks and saw them.

Yup, all those attending Berget will be given a "Na Fianna" patch if they want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Nice one, add another pint to the tally I owe you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Making the assumption that we are all IAA members. Which a large proportion of us are not.

So now we have two groups, one being seen as affiliates with a structured organisation and another as messers. Which is not the case, but if I was a cop I would class all non-members as a threat now.

cheers for that lads.

That we're doing this for our members doesn't mean we're saying anything about non-members. We told the Garda "There are airsofters coming through on sunday and monday", not "there are airsofters coming through on sunday and monday, some of whom are legitimate".

For the record, nobody's asked for a letter. We just offered it in case it made people feel better about having a document specific to the event. It's something we chose to do for our members, and it's not something I feel I need to apologise for.

Anyway, as KD says, take it up with us on our forum if you actually have a problem.

Dave
    IAA Vice-Chair

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Making the assumption that we are all IAA members. Which a large proportion of us are not.

So now we have two groups, one being seen as affiliates with a structured organisation and another as messers. Which is not the case, but if I was a cop I would class all non-members as a threat now.

cheers for that lads.

Hi Cuddlesworth,

I went to the Airport yesterday to meet with the authorities for the IAA prior to everyones arrival for this event. I stress everyones arrival, no distinction was made between members and non members, as we stated to them "a team" is going out, everyone together (Sunday and Monday departures). IAA members will already have ID, and we have seen in the past a letter stating the event etc can be assistance in some countries, this is one of the benafits of having representation of the association.

I will also be in the airport to insure everything go's smooth (I'm not attending the event :( ) and I have been given contacts should any issues arise with anyone, IAA member or not we will be available to assist.

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I think some people here need to take a step back... The IAA is in this for Airsofters... not for thier group of airsofters. Plus one technically doesnt need to proove ones legitimacy to fly with airsoft stuff... as long as one prooves that it is airsoft gear...

As for entering the Uk... not sure if you guys are.... irelevant as its transit, VCRA need not apply.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the clarification lads.

Now, back on topic as before please gents. (and ladies)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Well lads and lassie's that are heading over on sunday
    just wanna wish you all the best of luck there and have a good time
    do us all proud and shoot em once for me

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

moggser wrote: »
    Well lads and lassie's that are heading over on sunday
    just wanna wish you all the best of luck there and have a good time
    do us all proud and shoot em once for me

Don't worry I'll try to get a Blue on Blue on everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

If it hasn't already been completely covered, regarding gbb magazines, the cargo holds are pressurized to the same as the cabin pressure, however there is a forward and aft cargo hold; the forward one is heated and this is where any animals that are travelling would be kept but the aft one isnt and reaches pretty cold minus temperatures

my guess would be its the cold more so than the pressure thats damaging the mags

bags are randomly stored between the forward and aft which might explain why some are effected more than others

just thought I'd throw my two cents in there, hope it helps and good luck lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Cant wait :D And looking forward to meeting you all when I get there, or even on the way :)
    This is gunna be great!!

20 hours of sun will make me a happy too. (Better than Vegymite) :D

Ill be proud to be serving with the Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

effingon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

More I think about it more I'm looking forward to the banter and craic, and just meeting up and skirmishing with some of the big heads of skirmishing .

Also pretty chuffed, cause to me personally this is the pinnacle of airsoft for me, getting to a point where you can go abroad and attend the big events :)

And I'm TOTALLY over the panic, its pure excitement now! :D

Had a bit of a sit-back-and-think few minutes there when I realised I wasn't going to be able to fit my sleeping mat into my bag, I was under the impression you couldn't have bits like that strapped to the outside with checked luggage. I rang DAA (Dublin Airport Authority) and they said it's not a problem.

Also, tip; Scan your passport, email a copy to yourself and print out another copy and keep it in with your civvie gear, not particularly necessary, but could be handy if your passport goes AWOL.

(Thanks to fyrfytr for the email idea, I was just gonna print mine :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Thought you weren't allowed bring those sleeping mat things?

Mats are fine, camp beds are not afaik?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sorry, my bad, diodn't realise there was a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

gerrowadat wrote: »
    effingon.jpg

Funniest god damn thing I've seen in ages!! :D

On another note...

How many are going to be in Stockholm on Sunday night? Cause I think that Irish pub we were in last year will explode if it's 20+ people! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

kdouglas wrote: »
    Mats are fine, camp beds are not afaik?

Correct. Camp beds will earn you a slapping on account of the severe lack of space. These are not big angular square tents that you can stand fully upright in (or at least theye weren't last year).
    Conkey wrote: »
    How many are going to be in Stockholm on Sunday night? Cause I think that Irish pub we were in last year will explode if it's 20+ people! :P

English actually. But they have an entire downstairs section as well you know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

me al and kev are heading over on the 13:15 flight on sunday. might do a bit of internet searching see if i caan find a decent pub we can crash into.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jinko wrote: »
    me al and kev are heading over on the 13:15 flight on sunday. might do a bit of internet searching see if i caan find a decent pub we can crash into.

whole of section two ( dubbed hawks) are on the same flight afaik ;)

O the laughs to be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kdouglas wrote: »
    If you wish to discuss this with the IAA, please contact them directly. This is off-topic for this thread.

Ok.

I hope you all got really good socks for the event because I just bought the last of the thousand mile socks from Millets. Blisters are not fun times for a weekend hiking.

Hehe...

Got myself a few pairs of Meindl socks, bloody damn comfortable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i'm also on the sunday 13:15 flight. the irish pub may be fine, but i'm sure a pub crawl can be organised. it can be practice for crawling through the forrests.

Storm case: 20.18kg
    Backpack: 16.88kg

Eeeep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

stuff i need to bring > bag capacity

hmmm

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Lemming wrote: »

English actually. But they have an entire downstairs section as well you know :p
    Look... As I said last year.

We are allowed one!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

OK lads quick question for the berget vets -
    is there in Stockholm a camping supplies type shop where you can buy fuel for jetboilers ?
    and also MREs ?

Other than that i'm good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Yes. There are, apparently, a couple just around the corner from the hotel ( assuming you're staying at the Sheraton ). But there's a few about the centre of Stockholm. Kris Saw put up a link with a map to them on the NATO sub-forum over on the Berget forums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Thanks, you just helped lose some weight from my bag !

Advertisement