Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

dont know if it has been up but ICS seem to be bringing out a m1 garand :)
    180510_493304161133_76891161133_6183507_2221999_n.jpg
    0le33jtj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the news has been out their for some time, hoping they will have a working model at the shot show this month

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

Sneak peak at the new VFC asw 338
    vfcaws.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

rackinshop2_2.jpg
    S-Thunder Modular Wall Mounted Gun Rack
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

whydave wrote: »
    rackinshop2_2.jpg
    S-Thunder Modular Wall Mounted Gun Rack
    Link

Didn't Ares release an almost similar product range a good while back. I don't know if S Thunder is cheaper. Cheaper than store panel rails systems anyway and far cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

I don't want to re-hash old news but there are some specs included on these product catalogue screenshots.

EDIT: VFC have released their full VFC 2012 Catalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The VFC 416 GBB is nice, got one yesterday. The mag well is very tight and so is the mag release button. All the trades are fully correct with a sticker on the HK symbol on the upper and a made in Taiwan sticker covering the made in Germany trademark, both come off no problem. The dust cover and charging handle are plastic though despite being metal on their older AEGs. There is a small faint 6mm marking on the outside of the dust cover and that is the only thing Umarex put on it so well done to VFC for that.

One issue is that when opening the receiver you have to hold the forward assist button as the bolt wants to push against the H buffer making it hard to hinge open otherwise.

Overall though it is a very solid, nice weight,( heavier than an M4 GBB) and beautiful GBBr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

The VFC 416 GBB is nice, got one yesterday. The mag well is very tight and so is the mag release button. All the trades are fully correct with a sticker on the HK symbol on the upper and a made in Taiwan sticker covering the made in Germany trademark, both come off no problem. The dust cover and charging handle are plastic though despite being metal on their older AEGs. There is a small faint 6mm marking on the outside of the dust cover and that is the only thing Umarex put on it so well done to VFC for that.

One issue is that when opening the receiver you have to hold the forward assist button as the bolt wants to push against the H buffer making it hard to hinge open otherwise.

Overall though it is a very solid, nice weight,( heavier than an M4 GBB) and beautiful GBBr.

Might you post an indepth review with pics here on boards on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

stigmau5 wrote: »
    info half way through vid

<Snip: KWA pr1ck tease vid>

Jesus H christ KWA just release it already!

KWA = Killing With Anticipation.

MadBull Airsoft
    For everyone who's been asking about the licensed Lancer L5 AWM Magazines...
    Facebook exclusive sneak peak photo (intermediate prototype)!
    Almost there!
    taken from madbull facebook page
    403269_364125100271533_180245088659536_1698319_735500779_n.jpg

home-feature-m93rbundle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Those mags look god-awfully shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

stigmau5 wrote: »
    home-feature-m93rbundle.jpg

Finally now I just have to wait 5 years for it to come out.....

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Those mags look god-awfully shíte!

was thinking the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

well stig lefty at least I wont be fighting ye to get my hands one :P

Quote from KWA's facebook about SHOT show:

"‎
    "KWA Unveiled The KRISS Vector GBB Plus Updates New Product Pricing And Availability"

Las Vegas, NV and City of Industry, CA – January 17th, 2012 – KWA unveiled the highly anticipated KRISS Vector GBB and updated pricing and availability for new products at the 2012 Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show and Conference (SHOT Show) in Las Vegas, Nevada. The previously announced TT-33, HK45, 945C pistols as well as the upcoming AKR ERG (Electric Recoil Gun) Series have passed field-testing and are in production for a spring release.

SHOT Show 2012 attendees who visit the KWA booth at SHOT (Booth 20515 – Level 2 Law Enforcement & Tactical Gear Section) will get a sneak peek of the near-production KWA KRISS Vector GBB prototype. The KWA KRISS Vector GBB is the exclusive training counterpart to the .45 ACP KRISS Vector submachine gun and mimics every feature found in the firearm, including the patented KRISS Super V system. Law enforcement and military professionals will appreciate the authentic replication of the external controls down to the field stripping procedures. The KWA KRISS Vector is undergoing extensive field-testing, with production and delivery scheduled for this summer. Street price for the KWA KRISS Vector GBB is estimated to be below $400.

Delivery for the TT-33 and HK45 is scheduled for the end of first quarter with an expected street price of $134.95 and $164.95 respectively. The 945C will be delivered during second quarter with an estimated street price of $134.95. The TT-33, HK45, and 945C will be available only through KWA Authorized Resellers.

The AKR series will also be available during second quarter. Two configurations are planned for release: the standard AKR-74 and the compact AKR-74SU. Included in the AKR series rifles will be KFS (Kinetic Feedback System), KWA’s newest electric technology allowing users to experience simulated recoil with every shot fired. Pricing for the AKR-74 and the AKR-74SU has not been finalized but can be expected to be below $300"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

wow their allowing up to $400 for the Kriss Vector but $300 for the erg series? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Jsmurff wrote: »
    wow their allowing up to $400 for the Kriss Vector but $300 for the erg series? :confused:

welcome to the 'we are the only ones making this at the moment and we know you will pay this much' airsoft tax

Jsmurff wrote: »

I could guess a few reasons for that. One, that more people will want to kriss so they can charge it. Two, because of all the "R&D" that went into making it a "realistic" copy with similar features and fire modes(safe,semi,burst,auto) as the real deal. And it's the first kriss so new moulds etc. and no one to rival on price. That's my guess and why they'd say that they charge it. That and it's 10% unobtainium content, haha :p

If my Internet hadn't stopped working I might have beat puding to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I'll pay that price tbh, not too sure as to why they would mimic the V recoil system. It wont be visually different in any way, wont effect the recoil pattern very much at all and just adds failure points of internal mechanics that simply arent needed at all.

For those that dont know the V recoil system is an internal mechanism that forces the recoil mechanically downwards on each shot to oppose the muzzle jump wanting to push the barrel upwards. As you can imagine the muzzle jump in a high ROF .45 acp gun would be extreme but in airsoft the muzzle jump is nearly non existent making adding the mechanism into an airsoft gun irrelevant imo and just a reason to add to the cost and possible cause for concern in terms of giving more failure points.

Along with a large number of unique parts i would say, i had hoped for maybe more standard gbb design mysefl

Happy Tim from AirsoftGI
    407143_1790205732441_1758564441_907305_1692723823_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

LOG%20360%20rds%20M4%20quick%20reload%20AEG%20magazine.jpg

cheap pull string m4 mags €13

linky

Advertisement