Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Because the larger waste providers pricing differ based on location. for example, greenstar are pay by weight in dublin, but not in Sligo and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KernelKorn

He hasn't the money to finish it. Looking for investors far as I know. Traditional banks aren't to fussed about lending to him

Haven't seen any activity on the site in a long time. Such a pity. Had great coverage when he was bringing the plane in. Would be hard to get such enthusiasm again.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

He hasn't the money to finish it. Looking for investors far as I know. Traditional banks aren't to fussed about lending to him
    Shame that. He obviously has the vision , but it looks like the banks and that lenders cannot share that same vision and see it as a liability . He should go cap in hand to richard branson or someone like him who would be more likely to back such an idea
    KernelKorn wrote: »
    Haven't seen any activity on the site in a long time. Such a pity. Had great coverage when he was bringing the plane in. Would be hard to get such enthusiasm again.

At the time when there was so much publicity did he not try crowd funding it? I would have thought it would have been ideal, sell beds forward effectively... The problem now is momentum is gone and people would have sever doubts over whether it will ever happen

Branson is too busy moping up bits of the NHS, he would have no time for that type of carry on. To be fair to the banks, if he came with a reasonable business plan, they aren't about vision, they are about numbers adding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,860 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Guys, just to keep things in their right place I have moved all posts in relation to the coronavirus to the thread on the topic here. If you would continue with your comments there would be great. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

muffler wrote: »
    Guys, just to keep things in their right place I have moved all posts in relation to the coronavirus to the thread on the topic here. If you would continue with your comments there would be great. Cheers :)

Apologies, I only posted this topic here because of Michael Ryan's ties to Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Coming back up to Sligo tonight and between Tobercurry and almost the Tobar roundabout on the dual carriageway the speed limit is 80km. Anybody know what the story with this is? Is it temporary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Coming back up to Sligo tonight and between Tobercurry and almost the Tobar roundabout on the dual carriageway the speed limit is 80km. Anybody know what the story with this is? Is it temporary?
    I believe it's permanent. Also a new speed van location near Achonry.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I believe it's permanent.

Wonderful....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I don't get out much lately or just have not seen it before but only just recognised the monstrosity that is that huge communications mast up at the GAA park whats the score on that, when did that go up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭johnire

Isn’t it absolutely dreadful? It’s there about 6 weeks at this stage and still as ugly!
    I don't get out much lately or just have not seen it before but only just recognised the monstrosity that is that huge communications mast up at the GAA park whats the score on that, when did that go up ?

• Advertisement

johnire wrote: »
    Isn’t it absolutely dreadful? It’s there about 6 weeks at this stage and still as ugly!

god yes, an eyesore . hate to be living in any of the houses there either, just in case any radiation its giving off , apart from how a blot on the landscape it looks. strange place to have it. if it was stuck on a mountain in a distance maybe not as bad but in that area there such an overpowering ugly structure.

Mobile phone and/or broadband communications I am guessing it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Who's going to be first with the 5g / Coronavirus conspiracy theory?

Yes...as far as I know it’s for 5G.
    god yes, an eyesore . hate to be living in any of the houses there either, just in case any radiation its giving off , apart from how a blot on the landscape it looks. strange place to have it. if it was stuck on a mountain in a distance maybe not as bad but in that area there such an overpowering ugly structure.

Mobile phone and/or broadband communications I am guessing it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Who's going to be first with the 5g / Coronavirus conspiracy theory?

Forget about corona virus, there are currently no studies available which prove 5g to be safe in terms of the effect it has on humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Forget about corona virus, there are currently no studies available which prove 5g to be safe in terms of the effect it has on humans.
    here we go...:rolleyes:

shanec1928 wrote: »
    here we go...:rolleyes:

Here we go what?

What a fecking monstrosity and totally out of place and overpowering!

amazing that something like this could have got planning permission ! , someone has been given some sweetener haven't they?

508774.jpg

what a beautiful sight to greet visitors coming into the town (when this current pandemic is over and things are back to 'normal') beautiful scenery of mountains ahead and then over to the right .... this!

Its so god damn ugly!!

and before:

508693.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sawit the other day and thought I was seeing things. it's not so much the transmitters but the height of the thing. There's a lot more on the mast behind Henry's of Munuineane but that's not in a densely populated area. They wouldn't be putting it there if there wasn't a demand. I'd imagine there'd be a serious load on the system on a day when you'd have a "full house" at a Sligo vs Roscommon, Galway or Mayo game.

amazing that something like this could have got planning permission ! , someone has been given some sweetener haven't they?

90097495_1712167325592509_2811252108949454848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=hYIddtuJ7HQAX9WHwkb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1095176239ab91aadeccf17fa5c3ed52&oe=5EB3D728

what a beautiful sight to greet visitors coming into the town (when this current pandemic is over and things are back to 'normal') beautiful scenery of mountains ahead and then over to the right .... this!

Its so god damn ugly!!

and before:

508693.jpg

As far as I'm aware it was rejected by the council but some loophole allowed the club to rent the space for the tower.

Is it actually in the GAA grounds? I was driving and passed quickly and assumed it was across the road.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is it actually in the GAA grounds? I was driving and passed quickly and assumed it was across the road.

Yes, its in the Sligo Champion this week.

No doubt the GAA are getting more money in their coffers for allowing this on their property.

90097495_1712167325592509_2811252108949454848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=hYIddtuJ7HQAX9WHwkb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1095176239ab91aadeccf17fa5c3ed52&oe=5EB3D728

Its so god damn ugly!!

and before:

508693.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Its so god damn ugly!!

and before:

508693.jpg

Because it was so spectaculary beautiful in the before picture! :D

Because it was so spectaculary beautiful in the before picture! :D

No, it wasn't brilliant /pretty granted LOL :D - even worse looking now tho

Worth reading if you're concerned about the dangers of 5g
    Scientific American is an extremely reputable publication.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

It's been there a good while. Over a month at least. Only getting noticed now?

People not travelling around as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,860 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Worth reading if you're concerned about the dangers of 5g
    Scientific American is an extremely reputable publication.

<SNIP>
    You need to post that link in a different forum on that specific topic if you wish to debate the issue further. Its certainly not exclusive to Sligo. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I just heard 4 lights won't be reopening. :( Anyone knows if there's any truth behind that?

• Advertisement

92445038_10222632350739717_4364809159359594496_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=RXsfy0FzHmUAX9-lWNj&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=fa9ae51d9574c25abbdb714289772d3e&oe=5EB46F7A

Advertisement