Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options
19899100101102104»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well this lived up to expectations, it was fantastic! Myself and my sister had a blast, the two boys loved it too. Blessed with the weather for different visitors over the rest of the weekend, Saturday entailed a trip to Eagles Flying and Sunday a walk up Knocknarea to Queen Maeve's grave and also great views of the airshow on the way back down. There were loads of people up there to view it, seems to have been a great success. Hopefully it will be back next year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Was there ever a What's On in Sligo thread here?

It might be handy to have one that we can all add to though I realise we are getting towards the end of the festival season and summer days now for the year but still a lot happening.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Old Fair Day in Tubbercurry today, if I'm not mistaken.

That's right, it is on today NH :) I'd love to go but have to work today. I should have booked myself into the hub and went for a look at lunch time, doh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was at a wedding a few days ago where there was a Sligo guy entertaining the guests before, during and after the meal. He goes under the business name Scruffy Duffy. He had the place rocking. I have to say I was highly impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

TV Licence fee. Has anyone not received their TV Licence fee reminder?

I phoned second week in Jan and was told to expect a letter "in a week or two". Still nothing in post. It's impossible to pay on line without reference number and pin as detailed in letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't think I've gotten a postal reminder in years. Always via email.

Check spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

Thanks folks. Checked spam, not there. Not unless it has been sent to a defunct Eircom.net account from 20 years ago. We’ve always waited for letter which arrived first week in January every year. I’ll phone again tomorrow and will move my details into the 21st century 🤣

Advertisement