Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

muffler wrote: »
    You need to post that link in a different forum on that specific topic if you wish to debate the issue further. Its certainly not exclusive to Sligo. Cheers.

Its exclusive to Sligo if Sligo has a 5g installation...which it does.
    Very strange that you would delete that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its exclusive to Sligo if Sligo has a 5g installation...which it does.
    Very strange that you would delete that link.
    Take it to PM please if you have an issue with it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I just heard 4 lights won't be reopening. :( Anyone knows if there's any truth behind that?

What a shame - liked the lights - and they were an istitution at this stage.

Hope when things get back to normal Maccy D's will be interested in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone know shop where i can buy fence paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone know shop where i can buy fence paint?
    Albany Sligo are delivering on 0719162720.

Rang them today.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »

Rang them today.

Rogers Topline Ballymote too I think

https://sligohub.com/garden-centres-sligo/

Basq wrote: »

Rang them today.

I want Homeland Sligo to open up for paint. I half painted a wall with Granocryl leyland masonry paint today and run out. and as far as I know Homeland only do that make , thats where I got it last time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd like to see Burger King return to the town. Leave McDonalds up in the retail park with the handy drive-thru. No need for two of them really.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Burger King return to the town. Leave McDonalds up in the retail park with the handy drive-thru. No need for two of them really.

yeah, BK be handy too - I used to love their Chicken royales.

Anyone remember when Mc'ds and BK were both in O'Connoel street opposite each other back in the day , spoilt for choice so we were.

Mc.D's had totally no smoking policy throughout. And BK across the road had 'No Smoking areas' - i think it was in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

yeah, BK be handy too - I used to love their Chicken royales.

Anyone remember when Mc'ds and BK were both in O'Connoel street opposite each other back in the day , spoilt for choice so we were.

Mc.D's had totally no smoking policy throughout. And BK across the road had 'No Smoking areas' - i think it was in the 90's

You could burn the number of calories in a whopper just walking from the front door to the counter in BK back in the day.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    You could burn the number of calories in a whopper just walking from the front door to the counter in BK back in the day.

and you could have a big mac on one side of the road and then cross the road and have a BK as well :)

one used to have the sesame seeds on top of the bun and the other had no seeds on top. Cant remember which now. and the fries were different in both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I was sickened to hear this. It was my favourite chipper ever. It was the end of most Saturday nights when I was out years ago. These days I only get a takeaway once every month or so. But it was usually the 4 Lights. Especially nice after a Rovers game.
    I suppose the extra competition and the fact that the town is effectively dead at night at this stage had it on a fine margin. The lockdown was probably the last straw.
    I think if people knew it was in bother they might’ve went more often. Of the holy trinity, only The Happy Eater is left (the others being the 4 Lights and the old Molly’s).
    😢

il gatto wrote: »
    I was sickened to hear this. It was my favourite chipper ever. It was the end of most Saturday nights when I was out years ago. These days I only get a takeaway once every month or so. But it was usually the 4 Lights. Especially nice after a Rovers game.
    I suppose the extra competition and the fact that the town is effectively dead at night at this stagaae had it on a fine margin. The lockdown was probably the last straw.
    I think if people knew it was in bother they might’ve went more often. Of the holy trinity, only The Happy Eater is left (the others being the 4 Lights and the old Molly’s).
    ��

A direct Telephone Support Help Line is currently being set up for those who have been affected by these closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

A direct Telephone Support Help Line is currently being set up for those who have been affected by these closures.

(071) 916 2607

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Will it be manned by Hoppy? Or will Paddy come out of retirement to give solace?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dunnes Sligo have a marquee outside for people queuing .
    They are also offering free tea or coffee which is a nice touch...

511405.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Just noticed in passing, the coronavirus testing centre being dismantled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

In Finisklin? Strange, I know someone who was tested there on Friday

In these strange times it almost brings a smile to my face when I see the strange ads that appear on Ocean FM website advertising all sorts of crap. It gives the site a bit of a tacky feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It gives the site a bit of a tacky feel.
    The ads are probably the least tacky thing on that monstrosity of a website.

I am trying to return two flat boxes to Lifford, Co. Donegal. 6ft x 3ft. Any of the courier companies doing this. Rang DPD and they told me I needed a haulage company.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

I am trying to return two flat boxes to Lifford, Co. Donegal. 6ft x 3ft. Any of the courier companies doing this. Rang DPD and they told me I needed a haulage company.

Any advice?

Try Fastway couriers down on the Collooney business park. They are opposite the Ocean F.M. building. You won't find a phone number for them as they are a "hub" so you will have to go in person. They are usually open twice a day, early and late. I think the hours are something like 7am to 9am, then 6pm to 9pm.
    I use them all the time as they are far cheaper than An Post and deliver across Ireland and England.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Would anyone know when Jysk is due to open? thanks

What are the chances the NCT centre resolved the lift issue during lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

My nct is now plus 4 months. SO if you were due during lockdown you still have some time. And is it open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

late july according to the nct site

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Anyone any idea when the N4/N15 bridge works well be finished? The CoCo website says Autumn 2020, but someone the other day said they heard 2021 on Ocean fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

can anyone tell me which car parks in town the County Council traffic warden is responsible for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

job seeker wrote: »
    can anyone tell me which car parks in town the County Council traffic warden is responsible for?

https://www.sligococo.ie/parking/ParkingMap/

That's most of the carparks in Sligo
    Following are not co co managed to my knowledge
    Cathedral, Adelaide group off wine st carpark, Parkes carpark, dunne's wine st & Adelaide st, quayside, glasshouse,

Advertisement