Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It was the same actor for Paschal's carer and the psychiatric nurse when Pearse was in hospital but this guy is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I am 100% certain that Jo's ex Liam, Pascal's carer and the nurse in the hospital are the same actor.

A case of SAME ACTOR, DIFFERENT CHARACTER.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Ok, I sound sad I know but I emailed his agent and guess what ..
    he DID play all 3 parts.
    Jeez I wish I had put money on it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

SARAH ROCKS!!! That "Jordan" bit was really funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daithi2004

jos28 wrote: »
    Checked the closing titles and his name is Gerry McCann. A quick search showed this up along with hundred of pages about Madeleine McCann's father.http://www.macfarlane-chard.ie/clients.asp?t=ACT&i=465
    I would have put money on them being the same actor.

Yes, It is the same actor. He was in my class in primary and secondary school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

that spoiler about the death made me sad 8( i love that character, they're such an idiot. all my favourite characters seem to get killed off, why?! D: (mike, terence, floyd)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Daithi2004 wrote: »
    Yes, It is the same actor. He was in my class in primary and secondary school.

Well, I'm glad, because I was looking at him tonight and dead certain that Pascal's carer and Liam are the same actor (I didn't see psych nurse role that much). But Liam & Pascal's carer: same mannerisms, facial expressions etc. in addition to general appearance.

So I'm not crazy.... well.... not mistaken anyway. ha.
    Thanks, Jos28 and Daithi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Has Rita Doyle gone for good?

deelite wrote: »

she's gone into a home, so yep, pretty much!
    the last time we saw her all we saw was her arm which appeared to made out of plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Meller wrote: »
    she's gone into a home, so yep, pretty much!
    the last time we saw her all we saw was her arm which appeared to made out of plastic

And her voice became a tinkle.

• Advertisement

does anybody know what happens to lara?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

deelite wrote: »

Yes and so is the bell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Mags and Charlie's daughter Bernie returns next week loaded

on the papers today it says that 'old favourites' will be axed :o i hope leo doesn't go :( or christie! i wouldn't mind bela or charlie going though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Charlie's posh accent is gold!

I thought Gina was gonna die at the Christamas day episode? Was that storyline just a rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭hallstatt

The acting is so so bad its really beyond belief, its actually comical. sometimes I just crack up laughin to meself watchin it.

JaneyP wrote: »
    I thought Gina was gonna die at the Christamas day episode? Was that storyline just a rumour?

new year's eve, it is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd laugh at something that was intentionally funny but Paul having a go at Barry: 'Ten more minutes of you whinging and I'd sleep with Seamus McAleer myself!' had me cracking up.

Still missing Troy :( At least we got Leo at Xmas with his old mate Shane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Troy! Come back! Why oh why is he gay?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The Fair City Romances documentary had some great archive footage.

that documentry was disappointing... it was absolutely dominated by paul and niamh! they're in it everyday (unfortunately), i didn't need to see so much of them! i wanted more of the old characters.

and there was only one glimpse of troy at the beginning :( i was expecting more, but that was it.
    people should email rte demanding that troy return :(

marie_85 wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day where I'd laugh at something that was intentionally funny but Paul having a go at Barry: 'Ten more minutes of you whinging and I'd sleep with Seamus McAleer myself!' had me cracking up.

Still missing Troy :( At least we got Leo at Xmas with his old mate Shane!

I agree! That whole scene was great! I also liked "You, King Kong, OUT! LOL! I'm really excited about tonights episode now! The doc last night was a great build up to it! Dave Duffy seems really different to Leo! He said some really beautiful things regarding love in that programme.
    I think the show is really coming along, you could clearly see the differences between the old shows and the new in that documentary. The beach proposal scene with Paul and Niamh was as beautiful looking as you will see!! I agree about Troy! Was there an explanation for him leaving? Maybe the actor just left suddenly or something? Also, where is Dean gone? He's been mentioned in the past few episodes but yet nowhere to be seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

thought Gina was gonna die at the Christamas day episode? Was that storyline just a rumour?

looks like she died tonight. I think Ray survives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 boxplayer1973

Conbro wrote: »
    looks like she died tonight. I think Ray survives

So Barry kills his ex-girlfriend's mother on the day of their wedding in a drunk-driving incident.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I agree about Troy! Was there an explanation for him leaving? Maybe the actor just left suddenly or something? QUOTE]

Do you think he's gone!? He absolutely can't be! I just thought it was like his turn not to be in it for a while and come back in a few weeks! Oh God no, he can't be gone!

I love the Dowlings!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I think the show is really coming along, you could clearly see the differences between the old shows and the new in that documentary.

I agree completely. It's much, much better than it used to be. Tonight's episode wasn't as funny as last night's, but the family scenes were great and the aftermath of the crash was brilliant.

It's looking bad for Barry, I'd say. Is he one of the big exits the papers are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I thought the amateurishness of the stunt was quite funny to be honest, I can't imagine the old ones being that much worse to be honest, a show can only be so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I thought the amateurishness of the stunt was quite funny to be honest, I can't imagine the old ones being that much worse to be honest, a show can only be so bad.

Oh, you'd be surprised. It used to make your jaw drop. I've seen sets literally wobble, and big microphone shadows on the actors' faces. As for some of the old acting. :eek:

The stunt was creaky, you're right. Soap always is when it tries to get fancy. But I thought the scenes leading up to it were very sharp, and Niamh's reaction was heart-breaking.

Did you not think the church scenes were good, or the bit with Niamh and Barry?

• Advertisement

the stunt was absolutely hilarious, 'gina's' body was just so funny :p i was laughing so hard ahahaha... though i admit i was kind of unsettled by niamh's reaction, i felt a little deflated for a good 20 minutes after it :/
    i feel sorry for barry purely because it's true, everyone cheats on him because he's a total drip. though i was so hoping that him and niamh would suddenly start something when they were in his office, lol, that would have been more exciting than gina dying :p the scene was so cringey though, 'it was hamlet akshulli.. *tear* i kept the programme'... oh god i left bitemarks in the couch.

i hear kira's leaving on sunday with juliet, isn't that a bit hasty? so soon after the funeral too! also i'm going to miss ray over the coming months, i'm sure he'll be gone for awhile and then bounce back, but it'll be dull for all the time he'll be grieving ):

and troy's not gone, i wouldn't worry! people fade in and out all the time, i'm sure he'll be back (especially now that the double wedding is over, they need new storylines)... i just wish sooner rather than later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement