Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

el diablo wrote: »
    They'd be around the same age. ;)

No way (:D) Niamh is years younger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cofy wrote: »
    The part where Niamh asked Denzo to leave the office and then walked out without getting him out - is unreal - what business person would leave their office with the likes of Denzo still in there. I think there needs to be a change of story/script writers they seem to have run dry of ideas. Shame.

You mean Decco and I agree knowing the reputation the Bishops have I would have stayed if I were Niamh

Why is everyone pussyfooting around Mark he deserves a good f*cking smack and btw does Dolores and Pete know he battered Suzanne or is it just Damo and Laura?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is everyone pussyfooting around Mark he deserves a good f*cking smack and btw does Dolores and Pete know he battered Suzanne or is it just Damo and Laura?

A tribute to Mark Halpin:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Fair City Script Writers - You have done a lot for Huntingons disease - please please please research Fragile X - I need to get people understanding this - The story lines could be amazing and bring you back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ok, so im kinda following the whole Jo and Tommy affair and its been a humorous distraction but a few things are niggling me about the storylines in Fair City at the moment:

1. How old exactly is Ben? I assume he is about 7 or 8 and yet he goes on like a 2yr old all the time, all silly questions and thumb sucking?! He really does my head in with his litle baby mannersims.

2. What office in the country, nay the WORLD, would have people from 4 different professions sitting right next to each other? Orla is in PR in a small little town, Ester does weight loss training, Dermot does IT as well as Niamh and yet all of them share the same little office and kitchen?? That would never happen.:rolleyes:

3. Mark Halpin is 5ft 5 and 100lbs soaking wet and yet he is supposed to be the next Rocky, all aggressive stares and psycho inclinations, when in reality he could be knocked over by a stiff breeze. It would be more relaistic if he at least tried to attack a bigger guy and had some sense knocked into him :)

Apart from that its the usual so-bad-its-good nonsense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Ok, so im kinda following the whole Jo and Tommy affair and its been a humorous distraction but a few things are niggling me about the storylines in Fair City at the moment:

1. How old exactly is Ben? I assume he is about 7 or 8 and yet he goes on like a 2yr old all the time, all silly questions and thumb sucking?! He really does my head in with his litle baby mannersims.

2. What office in the country, nay the WORLD, would have people from 4 different professions sitting right next to each other? Orla is in PR in a small little town, Ester does weight loss training, Dermot does IT as well as Niamh and yet all of them share the same little office and kitchen?? That would never happen.:rolleyes:

3. Mark Halpin is 5ft 5 and 100lbs soaking wet and yet he is supposed to be the next Rocky, all aggressive stares and psycho inclinations, when in reality he could be knocked over by a stiff breeze. It would be more relaistic if he at least tried to attack a bigger guy and had some sense knocked into him :)

1. dunno how old Benjamin is? Never saw him suck his thumb once.
    2. I actually know of some people who do rent an office space between them so it does happen, maybe not often, but, people are doing that.
    3. Mark does look pretty menacing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ben is around 4 or 5 as Jo and Dermot have often mentioned that he will be going to school in September and have even mentioned what school he should go to. I think the actor who plays him is a really talented little guy and I think he plays the part well.

People do share an office and in these hard times, people can't afford to have an office of their own... plenty of websites out there that offer this service, do take a look at one such example : http://www.shareyouroffice.com/

I think Dermot is an accountant, not IT ;)

I do agree on the Mark thing, I can't buy him being this hard guy when he looks as if the likes of Zumo could flatten him :eek:

A few points of my own .... I have finally caught up at last!

It has been brilliant seeing Wayne back on screen and I love the chemistry he has with Pete and Dolores, we need to see much more of Wayne and interacting with everyone. He has a natural wit and charm that I just love to see.

I was thinking about Philip, he really has never had a decent storyline of his own, much like Dearbhla who to be honest, I actually forget about quite often! I would like to see FC writers giving him something as I do like him and think he would do a good job at it!

I must say I found the scenes with Jo & Dermot really funny and I enjoyed the hotel storyline and it did amuse me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

angel01 wrote: »
    A few points of my own .... I have finally caught up at last!

It has been brilliant seeing Wayne back on screen and I love the chemistry he has with Pete and Dolores, we need to see much more of Wayne and interacting with everyone. He has a natural wit and charm that I just love to see.

I was thinking about Philip, he really has never had a decent storyline of his own, much like Dearbhla who to be honest, I actually forget about quite often! I would like to see FC writers giving him something as I do like him and think he would do a good job at it!

I must say I found the scenes with Jo & Dermot really funny and I enjoyed the hotel storyline and it did amuse me :D

Wow, i laughed at that hotel thing too but not because they were funny, it was more as the acting was so corny and bad that it was shocking. Firstly, nobody would care if the same person came back to the hotel a few weeks later (the person at check-in wouldnt even remember you), so the whole thing of the staff singgering and Jo in disguise was very unrealistic and then the handcuffs were pure farce.

Thanks for the reply on office sharing, my point was that in such a small area as Carrickstown is a bit strange, would there even be a need for PR for such a demographically small area?? And the sharing of offices went back to the Celtic Tiger too so its not a recession thing in FC. its obviously a ploy to keep certain characters in the same room to keep the storylines flowing.

Wayne's cocktail for Caoimhe should be annoying as hell bunny boiler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

3. Mark Halpin is 5ft 5 and 100lbs soaking wet and yet he is supposed to be the next Rocky, all aggressive stares and psycho inclinations

Yeah I've found this a bit hard to believe as well... Mark, Denzo, Decco are all below 5ft 9 and 12 stone, yet we are meant to believe they are the hard men of Carrigstown, going around beating people up to keep control of their turf... The lads couldnt take control of Lilliput ffs, never mind a fictious north inner city town..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

While I'm enjoying all the storylines that are going on at the moment, they really need another WOW storyline - this time last year the Domestic Abuse and the Homeless storylines had been introduced. They need something else along those lines... There is great potential for a massive storyline with Mark and the Bishop, but I keep getting the feeling that that one will fizzle out fairly soon.
    Does anyone know if there's any big storylines coming up? Or anyone have any ideas as to what we'd like to see happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I wonder what the bing christmas story line will be!

I'l love them to bring back the PROPER gangland element to FC, not The Bishops and their pirate DVDs!

How about Mark becoming a heroin addict or something?

I'd love them to give Laura a girlfriend!

I wanna see Barry get caught for Sarah's murder, maybe unearthed by Bob??

What about Philip and Dearbhala getting pregnant and going for an abortion and getting caught in Belfast by Dermish??

Jo getting an STI from lover boy would be awesome!

I just can't think of anything that FC could do that they havn't done before! :confused::confused:

There is great potential for a massive storyline with Mark and the Bishop, but I keep getting the feeling that that one will fizzle out fairly soon.

I dont think the actors involved the ability to carry of something dramatic and not make a balls of it.. Mark, Denzo, Zumo and the other clown are not good actors.. probably the weakest actors on the show.. (aside from Caoimhe, obviously :P )

I'd say Sarah's body discovery and Denzo getting charged with her murder could be a big future even Christmas storyline no one will believe Denzo that Barry killed her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Saved by the bell.

I love the way the thugs in Carrigstown are so civilised..

Mark: "Listen Decco, I'm sorry for kicking the sh1t out of you earlier.. "..

Those London rioters should take a trip to Carrigstown to learn contemporary thug-etiquette..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Just wondering where did Keith go? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Yeah I've found this a bit hard to believe as well... Mark, Denzo, Decco are all below 5ft 9 and 12 stone, yet we are meant to believe they are the hard men of Carrigstown, going around beating people up to keep control of their turf... The lads couldnt take control of Lilliput ffs, never mind a fictious north inner city town..

The met should have looked for him last week.

SarahBeep! wrote: »

:confused::confused:

This could be a good one - a realistic one anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just wondering where did Keith go? :confused:

Didn't orla say he was away on a trip 'with the lads'??

I dont think the actors involved the ability to carry of something dramatic and not make a balls of it.. Mark, Denzo, Zumo and the other clown are not good actors.. probably the weakest actors on the show.. (aside from Caoimhe, obviously :P )

I disagree, I think Zumo, Decco (especially) and Denzo are very believable for the parts they play, I think they are good actors and do a good job!

Good to see you back CaptainNegative :D

LIFE as a hardened criminal might not be everybody's ideal scenario but actor Pat Nolan is loving it. Pat -- who is better know as Barry O'Hanlon from Fair City -- claims he is relishing his new role as the soap's tough guy.

In recent weeks, the star's longtime character Barry has found himself mixed up with resident troublemakers on the Carrigstown soap, the Bishop family.

"I'm enjoying it. It's been great craic going out and about, getting a slagging or whatever," he told the Herald. Viewers of the long-running drama will also have seen the former school teacher cause the accidental death of Sarah O'Leary, after hitting her with a door in his house last month.

Barry subsequently teamed up with Denzo Bishop to hide the body in an isolated area, with his tangled web of lies escalating day by day as he attempts to cover his tracks. But according to Pat the reaction from the public has been very positive, with many refusing to believe his character Barry would actually do such a thing.

The small screen star explained how he has been approached with many different theories about the outcome of the storyline, which is due to come to a head in the coming weeks with an explosive cliff-hanger episode. "I'm in the middle of a big storyline at the moment," Pat said. "It should be good -- we're a bit ahead now at the moment and I can say there's some good stuff coming up.

The actor added: "You've got people believing that Sarah's going to come back or people believing that it was all imagined or it was a dream or a nightmare so I don't know. "We've had lots of different opinions on it because it's such a big jump shock, you know, for the character, so to speak."

Pat went on to explain how he was delighted to see a new romantic storyline being written for Barry. The troubled character has recently begun seeing Vivienne Lynch, mother to the tough-talking Bishop brothers Denzo, Zumo and Decco. And while all is plain sailing for the couple at present, Pat hinted that their relationship may not go the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

SarahBeep! wrote: »

:confused::confused:

Excellent idea Sarah ! Just imagine her having to tell Dermish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

On another note (but keeping slightly on topic) I saw that ad again last night with Ben in it..the McD's ad...I've seen it many times...but last night was the first time I realised that the kids at the table are actually the parents as they walk out the door....was that just me:confused::confused:

I kept wondering where the four kids at the table went to....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dermot becomes infertile after an sti he caught indirectly from tommy and jo is pregnant for tommy!! Ben then becomes a runner for convincing underworld figures the Bishops.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Caught up on FC at last! I hope they start ramping up 1 or 2 storylines soon, no real suspense building at the moment. The Mark storyline looks like it might fizzle out as he has been so honest with Dolores, felt sorry for him after Damien disowning him in the pub, the episode where he pushed Laura never recorded for me so am presuming that was the turning point for Damien.A soap wouldnt be a soap without an affair and just cannot believe how sleazy Tommy is, he really sees nothing wrong with it. Jo has really lost her head over this, kissing him again when Ben could walk in on them...I'm hoping that she starts getting really posessive/bunner boilerish over the next while, Tommy needs to suffer somehow!I think there needs to be more love plots with the younger cast - wayne, damien, neasa, caoimhe, robert, sash, orla etc are all single!! We need Cupid to appear for a few episodes!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

"Dermot, I've something to tell you, I've got an STI"
    "Ah Jo, what did you do that for, I told you we can't afford a new car!"

Alwayson wrote: »
    "Dermot, I've something to tell you, I've got an STI"
    "Ah Jo, what did you do that for, I told you we can't afford a new car!"

You are living up to your name on this one - very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

1. tracey needs to come back!
    2. carol needs to harden up and dump louie and go back to christy and have her kid
    3. jo definitely needs to get pregnant or something from tommy
    4. angela needs to come back. herself and ray can get back together
    5. maybe they should create a trans-gendered storyline with a young character........zak? lol i dunno. it would be more interesting than another gay story

just some ideas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement