Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I remember in the early days Bela saying his real name was Ignatius.

Sure why wouldn't he change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why did Judith tell Robert to mind Caoimhe :confused: she wasnt his responability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I thought Esther's real hair looked fantastic and made her look like a new lady... hope she keeps it this way.

The more I see of Caoimhe, the more I want to leap through that telly to give her a slap... aargh.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why did Judith tell Robert to mind Caoimhe :confused: she wasnt his responability

I am guessing because she thought he was her friend and that is what friends do, look out for her friends.

Maybe Judith was too concerned in getting Tommy home for a bit of ;)

I wonder is there something odd going on at the RTE fair city website, it hardly gets updated anymore :eek: (apart from the weekly episode previews).

News articles are a couple of weeks old now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah Barry ffs.. I'm thinking of calling in sick myself..

Vivienne: "My boys are borderline thugs".... At some stage did none of the actors or fellow script writers point out how completely unrealistic it is for a mother to say this about her sons... ?

Have to say I think Robert is a great character though.. Never seen a character like him in any other soap.. So well done to FC on that at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

Dermot and Jo's young fella was in the McDonald's ad during the break - he had different parents in the ad - very Twin Peaks

Alwayson wrote: »
    Dermot and Jo's young fella was in the McDonald's ad during the break

Is there a McDonald's in Carrigstown? Maybe Joe passed him off on friends while she was off with Tommy "Casanova" Dillon..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I cannot wait until it all comes out about Sarah! Denzo's acting will be sublime I'd say:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

How did Vivienne not hear Denzo at the door??? She was closer than Barry to the door when Denzo knocked on it. Also Denzo and Barry were not whispering so she should have heard them talking-his house is only small so surely so would have heard them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ah the best bit was when Vivienne tried to be all threatening!! She's no matriarch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Barry and Vivenne in the sack - I can't handle the thought!
    Pretty blah episode all in all.

Kazbah wrote: »
    Barry and Vivenne in the sack - I can't handle the thought!
    Pretty blah episode all in all.

Even their kissing SOUNDS mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ugliest couple in soap history? :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »

Bet she's related to the man who looks like a thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I have come to the conclusion that Robert is a complete HOTTIE :D:D:D

Suzanne needs a makeover

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

el diablo wrote: »

Best quote of the night:
    Vivienne (to Barry): "I'm a lot to take on"

She got that right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

There's just more of her to love!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Fair play to Robert for calling Caoimhe out on her attitude and behaviour, he got it spot on. About time someone took that yoke down a peg or two.

Classic ''acting'' from Denzo in the scene when he was explaining to Decco that Vivienne was in Bazzo's, throwing his arms about saying ''she didn't even have her shoes on'' :eek: I nearly fell off the arm chair laughing!!

There is still more to come on this whole David's father issue, you can tell that Esther is still hiding something, probably get to the bottom of that one in the Xmas special.

Looking forward to Sarah's mum's intervention....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Okocim wrote: »

There is still more to come on this whole David's father issue, you can tell that Esther is still hiding something, probably get to the bottom of that one in the Xmas special.

It's a priest...I'm telling ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    It's a priest...I'm telling ya!

Nah, I've always thought she was raped.
    I missed the episode when she took off the wig - did it get anyway deep at all - like did she explain why she wore it in the first place????

Thought it was ridiculous that the garda who arrested caoimhe would then ring her to ask her out on a date - like that kinda think happens:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Fittle wrote: »
    Nah, I've always thought she was raped.
    I missed the episode when she took off the wig - did it get anyway deep at all - like did she explain why she wore it in the first place????

Thought it was ridiculous that the garda who arrested caoimhe would then ring her to ask her out on a date - like that kinda think happens:rolleyes:

My reading of this is that having and giving away her baby changed her life so much on the inside that she wanted to look different on the outside. She wanted to look different from the woman who could just give her baby away.

I don't know where the story with Caoimhe is going - it's boring.

Sunday (July 31)
    Mark is panicked when he reveals to Damien that he thinks he could have killed the thug he was sent to beat up. Scared, he promises Damien that he will not go near the Bishops again. Damien tells him that he should go to Galway for a while.

Judith gets a sexy text from Tommy, which was mistakenly sent to her, but she smiles believing it was supposed to be for her. Charlotte urges her brother to be gentler with their mother about the break-up with Barry. The Bishop boys discuss Mark and his involvement in their business. They decide that he is good to have, as people think he is crazy and won't mess with them as much. Barry is rattled when Bob reveals he likes Sarah's mother and wants to get in touch with her. Jo and Dermot share a happy moment and Philip looks on delighted.

Mark meets with Decco and Zumo, who tell him that Benny survived Mark's beating, but he needs to be more careful in future. They give a delighted Mark €500 for his 'work'. The Dillons host their barbecue and Tommy expertly ignores Jo's longing glances. Back at the Halpins, Mark is forced to choose between his family and the Bishops. Damien makes matters worse when he tells Mark he is just like his dad. Laura tries to calm them both down. She begs them to stop fighting and tells them they need to stick together. But Mark saddens them both by choosing the Bishops.

Tommy is uncomfortable at the barbecue when Jo makes subtle innuendos that he is good with his hands. He pulls Jo aside and warns her not to be so obvious. Denzo warns Barry that he should stay away from people as he might let slip what he has done. Sean refuses Mark's demand to stay at his house. He tells Damien that Mark was looking for somewhere to stay. A concerned Damien asks for Suzanne's help. Mark is shunned by the Bishops, who refuse to take him in.

Things go from bad to worse for him when he is introduced to Benny, the person he beat up, and he is forced to give him money to compensate for the beating. Mark realises that he'll have to squat. He returns to the Halpins' house but baulks at the family intervention that is set up for him by Damien and walks away. He tells them all that he is bad, it's in his blood and he is leaving. When he pushes Laura aside, Damien tries to stop him and he headbutts Damien.

Tuesday August 2nd
    Damien is worried about Mark but doesn't want to aggravate the situation further. He is concerned about him hanging out with the Bishops and asks Barry to have a quiet word with him. Barry is upset to discover that Vivienne has returned the necklace he gave to her and calls into the surgery to try to talk to her.

Eileen informs Mark that he can't stay with them. Denzo tries a number of ways to win her round, Decco is not happy. When Dermot agrees to take Ben off for the day, it gives Jo and Tommy a chance to get together. When he returns back earlier they are almost discovered but Orla distracts him to prevent this. Tommy is concerned that Orla knows something is going on.

When Barry stumbles on Sarah's lipstick in the boot of his car, he is shaken by it. Dermot agrees to help Orla with her accounts. Feeling sorry for him, and guilty about what she knows, she tries to push Dermot and Jo together. Unhappy about Mark being allowed to stay on, Decco has a word with Eileen about him and scares her off.

Jo and Orla discuss the gamble she is taking on her marriage - Orla reminds her that Dermot is a good man, but Jo says she won't stop what she is doing. An angst ridden Barry tackles Denzo for leaving evidence in the car. What other evidence has he left behind? Denzo is left unnerved

Wednesday Aug 3
    Tired of being unappreciated, Jo fails to convince Barry not to resign from the community centre. Wayne is not happy that Dolores has Mark staying and tries to warn her about him but she is having none of it. Dermot is still trying to chase monies owed to him; Jo is oblivious to how increasingly strained this is becoming for him.

Pete urges Damien to tell Dolores the truth about Mark's violence. He is worried about Dolores and insists to Damien that she should know the full story. Tommy calls to the Helping Hand to try and see Jo. Cass nabs him first and books a stall with him at the Sunday market. Jo finds her attraction to him increasingly hard to fight. Damien tries to talk to Dolores and she begins to grasp the gravity of Mark's violence.

Tommy leaves the car parked in the taxi bay outside the Helping Hand, but it causes an obstruction, and Neasa, who is in the car, tries to move it while on the phone. She doesn't notice that Ben has stepped out onto the road to retrieve his truck. Jo and Tommy's stolen kiss is interrupted by the sound of screeching brakes outside. Barry intervenes and pushes him out of the way just in time. Jo's worst nightmare is realised when she sees Ben and Barry lying sprawled out on the pavement outside the shop.

Fortunately Ben's injuries are minor. Neasa is shaken by what almost happened and starts to cry. Both Tommy and Jo are guilt stricken at what almost happened. Barry and Ben are both taken to the medical centre where Judith examines Ben and tries to comfort Jo. Dolores is panicked by Denzo's presence in her house. She returns to her house to find Mark and Denzo practising boxing but given what she has just heard, it is enough to make her anxious. Dolores wonders what she has taken on.

Dearbhla asks what Tommy was doing in the Helping Hand for him not to have heard all the horns blasting for him to move. Pete is worried for Dolores and tells her so. Jo can't bring herself to tell Dermot about the accident but when he heads out to buy a bottle of wine, Judith inadvertently lets it slip that something happened. Dolores talks to Laura and urges her to stand by him. Laura explains to Dolores that she is genuinely afraid of him, but Dolores tries to convince her not to abandon him.

Laura accompanies Dolores to drop clothes over to Mark. Barry is lauded as a hero but Denzo spoils the moment. Dermot confronts Jo about keeping Ben's accident from him, Jo feels under even more pressure when he makes her promise to always be honest with him.

Thursday, August 4th
    Jo fields the first questions of the day about what happened yesterday. In an exchange about boxing, Eileen reminds Mark who is the boss. Barry and Jo are both uncomfortable for different reasons when discussions continue about Barry the Hero. Orla encourages Dermot to be romantic with Jo. Dermot is concerned that Jo seems so distracted.

Wayne tackles Dolores again about having Mark move in with her, but she remains firm on the matter and Pete reluctantly backs her. Tommy accepts he was partly responsible for what happened yesterday but Jo is shaken and wants to keep some distance. Orla encourages Dermot to book a night away.

Dermot realises it's time to sort out Ben's school but as he remains worried about cash flow he doesn't know what to do. Mark concentrates on looking for a new job, saying he is sick of being a 'lapdog for the Bishops'. Decco tempts him back. Denzo tries to rile Barry by mocking him over his new hero status. There is increasing tension between them. Dermot tries to talk to Jo about the school fees but in the course of the conversation Ben overhears that he was adopted.

Ben, in his innocence, asks if Tommy is his real father, letting slip that he saw him and Jo kissing. Mark tries to hit Laura for a loan towards his rent but she refuses. Decco watches the exchange, confident that he will be able to tempt Mark back. Jo is flustered by what Ben just said and tries to cover it. It helps her to reach a decision and she texts Tommy to meet.

Mark ends up back working for the Bishops. Eileen helps Barry to finally start accepting some praise for what he did. Despite having Pete's support, Dolores fails to convince Wayne to give Mark a chance. Jo meets Tommy to tell him it's over and is hurt that he seems to take it all so lightly.

If Jo and Dermot break up who would get Ben seeing as both are not his real parents was Dermot put on the birth cert?

If Jo and Dermot break up who would get Ben seeing as both are not his real parents was Dermot put on the birth cert?

He is adopted, It is just the same as if your real parents break up.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that Robert is a complete HOTTIE :D:D:D

I've fancied him for ages! It's the logic I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

angel01 wrote: »
    He is adopted, It is just the same as if your real parents break up.

I don't think he's adopted though, is he? didn't they just get him and put dermots name on his bc or something? I can't remember that storyline exactly, but there was definitely something askew with it.

• Advertisement

The father on the McDonald's ad ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement