Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Fittle wrote: »
    I don't think he's adopted though, is he? didn't they just get him and put dermots name on his bc or something? I can't remember that storyline exactly, but there was definitely something askew with it.

I found this that I posted earlier in the thread yonks ago:
    An Illegal adoption storyline involving many characters and spanning several years was shown in Fair City. It began in 2005 when Deirdre Burke had a one night stand with Brendan Daly. Deirdre became pregnant but was lonely. Jo Fahey took pity on her and became a close friend to her and helped her through the pregnancy. When Brendan found out she was pregnant he gave her money and told her to leave the country as he didn't want his wife Heather finding out about it. When the baby was born she named him Benjamin. She left him at the Fahey's for them to mind but when she never came back it became obvious that she had fled the country. They later found a note from Deirdre saying she put Dermot down as Ben's father on the birth certificate.

Although there were a few awkward questions from their friends, a facade was quickly created with Benjamin being their son. Unbeknownst to the Fahey's, Brendan was Ben's real dad and they invited Brendan and Heather around for Christmas dinner and became close to them. The Fahey's and Brendan were horrified when Deirdre showed up but she told Jo that she was happy with the situation and soon left. In 2007, Deirdre reurned again and began a relationship with Dermot's brother, Ken. Deirdre became pregnant with Ken's child but gave birth to a stillborn girl in January 2008. After this, Deirdre began to grieve and took Ben away from Dermot and Jo. After realising that Ben had grown to think of The Fahey's as his real parents, she handed him back. Not wanting this to happen again, Jo realised they would have to get a legal adoption. They learnt from Deirdre that Brendan is Ben's father and started balckmailing him. They got him to sign the adoption papers in return for them not to tell Heather of her husband's affair. They succeeded in this however, Heather eventually found out as did the media. Barry O'Hanlon published an article on the fiasco which eneded up ruining Dermot's career as a politician. By September 2008, Dermot was forced to resign. However their adoption for Benjamin is now legal.

Barry's (Pat Nolan) hopes of a fresh start may prove shortlived when Sarah's mother Rebecca (Jane Brennan) arrives in Fair City on RTÉ One at 8pm tonight, Tuesday 26 July.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0726/faircity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

angel01 wrote: »
    Barry's (Pat Nolan) hopes of a fresh start may prove shortlived when Sarah's mother Rebecca (Jane Brennan) arrives in Fair City on RTÉ One at 8pm tonight, Tuesday 26 July.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0726/faircity.html

Poor oul Barry. He's the John Stape of Fair City. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

angel01 wrote: »
    Sunday (July 31)
    Tuesday August 2nd
    Wednesday Aug 3
    Thursday, August 4th

If the Northside Post had only printed juicy stuff like this, they'd still be in business, Barry mightn't (probably) have whacked Sarah, and the Bishops wouldn't nearly be getting a new daddy.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

The father on the McDonald's ad ?

So that's the reason he didn't want his real daddy to be millions of miles away (which, of course, he wouldn't be if he only went as far as the moon- as we all know it's only 250k miles from Earth. Dermish and Jo mustn't have Discovery Channel).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Thats the first time i have seen the backdoor in any of the houses open.

What happened Sarah?

What happened Sarah?
    Barry killed her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

max life wrote: »
    Barry killed her
    Did he though?
    I'm curious what Barry could actually be charged with.
    He accidentally opened the door against her giving her a bloody nose. Then as he moved towards her she fell over backwards and hit her head off the coffee table which killed her.
    Barry didn't kill her. I doubt he could really even be done for manslaughter.
    Afaik he could probably be done for illegally disposing of a body and not notifying the authorities of a death. I *think* those are offences but that's as far as he is legally guilty. Of course morally it's a different story.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Did he though?
    He accidentally opened the door against her giving her a bloody nose. Then as he moved towards her she fell over backwards and hit her head off the coffee table which killed her.
    Afaik he could probably be done for illegally disposing of a body and not notifying the authorities of a death. I *think* those are offences but that's as far as he is legally guilty. Of course morally it's a different story.
    Yeah i agree with you. IMO i dont think he killed her because it was an accident....sort of.

Where has Deegan gone? Since Jennifer left, the only time he has been seen is to investigate the counterfit money.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Did he though?

The viewer knows what happened, but when it comes to the law, what they will see is that she had marks on her head, and she was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That was an even weirder than usual episode of Fairly Shítty tonight. Sarah's mother turns up from nowhere, polishes off a few glasses of whiskey and a bottle of wine and then tries to shag Barry - all in the space of a half-hour episode. Jaysus, that's what I call a fast worker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Barry hasn't been near a woman for months and then 2 in one week :eek:
    Barry the LOVE machine :rolleyes:

jos28 wrote: »
    Barry hasn't been near a woman for months and then 2 in one week :eek:
    Barry the LOVE machine :rolleyes:

Could be set to rival his best friend, Paul brennan.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Poor oul Barry. He's the John Stape of Fair City. :D

He is lol...Seriously, when we give out about storylines being unbelievable in Fair City, as in Sarahs mother coming on to Barry, I think sometimes we are a bit harsh to judge. Did anyone watch Eastenders tonight with the two boys emptying the upstairs of the Queen Vic of ALL furniture including a kingsize bed. They got out of there in a few minutes and they didn't even have to take the bedlinen off the bed to do it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jos28 wrote: »
    Barry hasn't been near a woman for months and then 2 in one week :eek: Barry the LOVE machine :rolleyes:

Sarah's mother was a bit easy wasnt she... Couple of whiskies and she's forgotten about her lost daughter and wants to jump in to bed with Barry... *take note of Barry's plying the woman with Whiskey trick*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Whatever anyone says about Fair City (and yes I know some of the acting can be bad) it's great entertainment - and that's what it's all about folks:D

That was an even weirder than usual episode of Fairly Shítty tonight. Sarah's mother turns up from nowhere, polishes off a few glasses of whiskey and a bottle of wine and then tries to shag Barry - all in the space of a half-hour episode. Jaysus, that's what I call a fast worker! :D

Your posts are hilarious!:pac:

last nights programme must have been one of the most stupidest ever. When Barry had Sarah's mother drunk he was pulling information from her and then was able to tell her that an email would come from Sarah. Why perdict this would happen. Would he if the woman was sober and have anything between the ears as she would surely cop somethings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Why would Barry get involved with all this at all? Why wouldn't he just stay out of it - stay away from Sarah's mother. He's delaying the time when Sarah comes to be reported as missing - but he's setting himself up as the very obvious culprit and the one whose guilt will be easily proven when that day does eventually come...yet at the same time, he's being portratyed as mastermind criminal!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

IP addresses barry!!! Ip addresses! Your f**cked now.

He was already 4ooked coz he'd sent e-mails to Bob (as Sarah) from his own laptop previously! And the text messages that were supposedly sent by Sarah from London will be found to have been sent from Carrigstown - by which time, focus will already be on Barry because of him having pretended to have been in contact with her and the IP Address of the e-mails - and there will still be tiny traces of Sarah's blood in his sitting room!

Mastermind criminal???

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow Barry had two women after him last night Vivienne and Rebecca :eek: I never thought I'd would see that day must be his new killer cologne :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Laois_Man wrote: »
    He was already 4ooked coz he'd sent e-mails to Bob (as Sarah) from his own laptop previously! And the text messages that were supposedly sent by Sarah from London will be found to have been sent from Carrigstown - by which time, focus will already be on Barry because of him having pretended to have been in contact with her and the IP Address of the e-mails - and there will still be tiny traces of Sarah's blood in his sitting room!

Mastermind criminal???

:rolleyes:

There's only one way that this storyline is going to end up and its not with Barry getting caught.

kippy wrote: »
    There's only one way that this storyline is going to end up and its not with Barry getting caught.
    Zombie sara?

As he continues his cover-up about Sarah's death, Barry (Pat Nolan) reaches a crossroads in Fair City on RTÉ One tonight, Wednesday July 27, at 7.30pm.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0727/faircity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Zombie sara?

The young Bishop lad is going down for it - who else.

exactly!:D

kippy wrote: »
    The young Bishop lad is going down for it - who else.

It'll go on for a long while yet....with Bob being accused....and then Bishop...but Barry will eventually fall! :D

• Advertisement

Considering how far fetched it all is so far, why don't they just go the extra mile and have sara come back form the shallow grave for revenge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement