Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

C. J, You are spot on in your observations. I completely agree with you. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I will keep it in mind.

C. J, your comments have not encouraged me to continue discussing Fair City. I am well aware of my many faults and you will be glad to know that your opinion of me supported by Laois Man, Alice1 have not made me feel welcome to come back here. For your information, I am also a bully, melodramatic, offensive and snotty. It is just as well I am not going to waste any more of your time posting comments. You will be relieved to know. Enjoy your thread and I hope you know that I appreciate your advice. Lessons learnt the hard way are the best I think. Nothing like a bit of criticism to keep me on my toes. Oh, and my account is in the process of being deactivated so I will not be on here anymore after today. Others now can post without the fear of being bullied by me which is all that really matters to me. I assure you that I have learnt my lesson and will not repeat my errors which are so obvious to all. Thanks for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am sorry to hear that starryeye. Everyone is welcome to post in here, whether positive or negative. The opinions are all as valid as each other, noone was right, noone is wrong. In hindsight, I realise I may have come across as being a bit too forceful in my opinions but I just felt that FC gets a bit of an unfair bashing in the media and I like to stick up for it..

back to the show, I have to say I find this Jo/Tommy stuff so bloody tiresome, how much longer can they stretch this stuff out. Both characters have taken leave of their senses and have no regard for their husband/wife.

On a good note, I am enjoying Carol and Louie but please do something with his hair, is he late in trying out for the Deegan role :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I think the trolls are hungry tonight, don't feed them! Oh and i'd appreciate no more pms, don't particularly like them

C.J I assure you I will never post message you ever again you will be delighted to hear.

Angel, welcome back to boards and I hope you will enjoy discussing Fair City again.

Best wishes from starryeye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I really think that Mark is gonna become a complete psycho. I can see him getting a girlfriend and becoming violent towards her....like father like son....:eek:
    I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT NEASA HAS NOT BEEN IN THE LAST FEW EPISODES !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,860 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Caoimhe gets drunk at Finn's bar next week and makes a pass at
    Robert

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

max life wrote: »
    I really think that Mark is gonna become a complete psycho. I can see him getting a girlfriend and becoming violent towards her....like father like son....:eek:
    I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT NEASA HAS NOT BEEN IN THE LAST FEW EPISODES !!! :mad:

Yeah I hate the way FC do that - big story for a few weeks, equals withdrawal for weeks after that

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Ah Lads!

Why cant we all just get along, and take each others positive/negative views with a pinch of salt??

its a feckin' T.V show after all, nothing to serious! No need for any1 to feel excluded...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

sue z wrote: »
    Ah Lads!

Why cant we all just get along, and take each others positive/negative views with a pinch of salt??

its a feckin' T.V show after all, nothing to serious! No need for any1 to feel excluded...
    Well said.....as long as people dont start getting too personal.
    I am so glad Christy is not leaving cos he is one of my favourite characters.
    When are Robert and Sash gonna get together.....its a sure thing IMO.
    Welcome back Angel :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I think Angel and Starryeye have made up. It is time to talk about the soap now and get on with the thread.

What will happen now that Ben saw jo and tommy?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

ameliajane wrote: »

He'll tell Dermot he saw mummy kissing Tommy I'd say. Poor Dermot. as has been said both Jo and tommy are treating their other halves horribly...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He'll end up having a "crossed wires" conversation with Dermish about men and women who kiss each other who aren't married. Once you see the "Next time on Fair City" segment at the end of that night's show, you don't really need to watch the next episode.

I've got a feeling that Orla is going to blab to Niamh that Jo is having an affair and Niamh is going to put 2 and 2 together and realise it's Mellors.

That, or else Dermish is going to come home from Belfast early again and catch the two of them in flagrante dilecto but they'll somehow manage to convince Dermish that it was all part of their work for the Tidy Towns competition and Dermish will go off on his merry way acting like the complete and utter moron that the Fair City writers have portrayed him as being for the past few weeks.

He'll end up having a "crossed wires" conversation with Dermish about men and women who kiss each other who aren't married. Once you see the "Next time on Fair City" segment at the end of that night's show, you don't really need to watch the next episode.

I've got a feeling that Orla is going to blab to Niamh that Jo is having an affair and Niamh is going to put 2 and 2 together and realise it's Mellors.

That, or else Dermish is going to come home from Belfast early again and catch the two of them in flagrante dilecto but they'll somehow manage to convince Dermish that it was all part of their work for the Tidy Towns competition and Dermish will go off on his merry way acting like the complete and utter moron that the Fair City writers have portrayed him as being for the past few weeks.

I remember being in Club M circa 1998/9ish. Dermot was there with one of his mates. He had the goatee even then. He kept pretty much to himself but gave the impression he was on the pull using his new found fame on FC. can't say i blamed him...:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I remember being in Club M circa 1998/9ish. Dermot was there with one of his mates. He had the goatee even then. He kept pretty much to himself but gave the impression he was on the pull using his new found fame on FC. can't say i blamed him...:)

Omg can you imagine the shame if you were a drunk and foolish yung wun and you snogged Dermosh in Club M.

That goatee! Eeeeeugh!

amdublin wrote: »
    Omg can you imagine the shame if you were a drunk and foolish yung wun and you snogged Dermosh in Club M.

That goatee! Eeeeeugh!

:D

Don't forget he was 13 years younger and a bit of a stud. At least my GF at the time thought so...:)

I actually think Dermot is a very underrused and under appreciated character. I do hate the way the writers portray him as this thick character who is so blind to Jo's behaviour... He deserves better :(:(

Don't forget he was 13 years younger and a bit of a stud. At least my GF at the time thought so...:)

Ah jaysis. He's in bits now and he was in bits then. Tell your GF to stop talking crazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Somebody said here that Tommy is scary - I've always thought this - and I reckon that Nessa is not poor Judy's daughter - I'd say she was as a result of a fling some woman had with Tommy and then the woman died and Tommy was left with Nessa and Judith welcomed her with open arms.

Now I have to leave you all as I've got friends coming over for Sunday Lunch - just going to pop down to Clare Hall to grab a few olives for our Martini's....(yeah right - more like Dutch Gold....)

Inanyways I haven't watched for a few nights (it's as dull as dishwater at the moment) and plus the final of the apprentice is on at 8 tonight. I'll catch up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Your post speaks volumes - your GF at the time must have thought you too were a stud.....:D

deelite wrote: »
    Somebody said here that Tommy is scary - I've always thought this - and I reckon that Nessa is not poor Judy's daughter - I'd say she was as a result of a fling some woman had with Tommy and then the woman died and Tommy was left with Nessa and Judith welcomed her with open arms.

Now I have to leave you all as I've got friends coming over for Sunday Lunch - just going to pop down to Clare Hall to grab a few olives for our Martini's....(yeah right - more like Dutch Gold....)

Inanyways I haven't watched for a few nights (it's as dull as dishwater at the moment) and plus the final of the apprentice is on at 8 tonight. I'll catch up tomorrow.

Where was my invite then?? :eek:

It is very poor at the moment... The only thing I am enjoying is Louie but the storylines are dull at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Firstly, welcome back Angel01. You have been missed. FC isn't great at the moment, but it looks like it is going to improve, at least in terms of the set for the shop. I really hope that Christy revamps it, it is long overdue! Perhaps now Louie will decide to bring McCoy's into the 21st centuary and revamp it also. It must be the only pub in the country that doesn't serve meals or have any form of entertainment, ie music, live bands etc. Before anyone says, but Vinos serve food, but Louie being the "shrewed business man", that he is, would have no conscience in undercutting his competitors ie "The Hungry Pig", especially now as it is owned by his arch enemy Bob. In the real world it's dog eat dog out there and all business people want to squeese the last cent out of us the consumer. I'm glad the Esther/David storyline is coming to an end, I expect it will transpire that she was raped, perhaps by a priest. And then after that no doubt she, Charlie & David will "disappear" of our screens for at least the next three months.

rogercar wrote: »
    Firstly, welcome back Angel01. You have been missed. FC isn't great at the moment, but it looks like it is going to improve, at least in terms of the set for the shop. I really hope that Christy revamps it, it is long overdue! Perhaps now Louie will decide to bring McCoy's into the 21st centuary and revamp it also. It must be the only pub in the country that doesn't serve meals or have any form of entertainment, ie music, live bands etc. Before anyone says, but Vinos serve food, but Louie being the "shrewed business man", that he is, would have no conscience in undercutting his competitors ie "The Hungry Pig", especially now as it is owned by his arch enemy Bob. In the real world it's dog eat dog out there and all business people want to squeese the last cent out of us the consumer. I'm glad the Esther/David storyline is coming to an end, I expect it will transpire that she was raped, perhaps by a priest. And then after that no doubt she, Charlie & David will "disappear" of our screens for at least the next three months.

I agree with you, you would think that Louie would have realised the potential with the food at least!

I imagine David will be leaving soon, I think he has done a good job with the character and maybe he will return one day...I wish they would bring Wayne/Pete/Damien and Dolores back. I do think Damien and Wayne badly need a storyline. They are wasted there with scraps just to feed off...

Yeah! I agree, David or should I say the actor who plays him has done a very good job. Hope he will be back again. I'm really missing the Bishops, and of course Barry. Wonder how long it will be before Sarah's body is discovered. Can't understand how nobody has missed her, particularly her family and of course Suzanne who was very friendly with her.

Welcome back as well Angel. I should have said it before now. It is a pity that Starryeye chose to go as the posts that she/he made were good. Anyway, like
    Rogercar said I too miss the Bishop Brothers and all the story about Sarah. I hope this is part of Fair City again soon.

rogercar wrote: »
    Yeah! I agree, David or should I say the actor who plays him has done a very good job. Hope he will be back again. I'm really missing the Bishops, and of course Barry. Wonder how long it will be before Sarah's body is discovered. Can't understand how nobody has missed her, particularly her family and of course Suzanne who was very friendly with her.

In fairness, noone spoke about Orla when she went away to London, she was never mentioned by Niamh, Keith or anyone. I am not sure why Sarah should be treated any differently. Most cast members vanish without a trace :eek:

I miss the Bishops too, This Jo and Tommy storyline is so far fetched, it is ridiculous. Both characters have taken leave of their senses...

Welcome back as well Angel. I should have said it before now. It is a pity that Starryeye chose to go as the posts that she/he made were good. Anyway, like
    Rogercar said I too miss the Bishop Brothers and all the story about Sarah. I hope this is part of Fair City again soon.

Thank you :) There is room for all of us on here...

Welcome to the thread by the way :)

angel01 wrote: »
    Thank you :) There is room for all of us on here...

Welcome to the thread by the way :)

Thanks very much for the warm welcome Angel. I would like to know what is Christy going to do with the shop? Will he change it or keep it the way it is? Did he take on some of Bob's ideas?

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    In fairness, noone spoke about Orla when she went away to London, she was never mentioned by Niamh, Keith or anyone. I am not sure why Sarah should be treated any differently. Most cast members vanish without a trace :eek:

I miss the Bishops too, This Jo and Tommy storyline is so far fetched, it is ridiculous. Both characters have taken leave of their senses...

But that is not very realistic. In real life people keep in touch with their friends at least, if not their family. We all text, e-mail, skype etc. Okay we might not be in daily contact, but we touch base, especially where close friends are concerned and occassionally we might go off and join them for a holiday whether it would be a long weekend or afew weeks. We all knew that Orla was in London and I think that Keith and Niambh mentioned her now and then. But if somone disappeared into thin air, surely someones suspicions would be aroused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement